Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lostperson
KCL or UCL?

UCL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 801

This isn't a UCL thread 🙄
Original post by 11...
is it true that the kcl system has broken down again?? rumours have been going on.
did you see KCL on the news? - they are giving counselling to KCL staff after the data loss on their systems. hope none of our data is lost. I swear all this happens w our year. new specs, new tariff point system, new ukcat, omg this is insane lol

No I don't think King's network is down as I am a current student at King's. I haven't noticed or heard any faults with our IT system. I can access the portal with no problem so I assume they are still processing our applications. If they lost any of our data I believe they'd contact us :smile:
Original post by michrab123
It's been over 6 weeks since I've sent mine this is so longggggggg they need to hurry up :P

On the bright side we haven't been rejected yet lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

well I don't think the 6 week rule applies to courses with interviews like medicine dentistry physio and nursing? I sent my application out on the 6th of September and still haven't heard anything back :smile:
Original post by yanzzz123
No I don't think King's network is down as I am a current student at King's. I haven't noticed or heard any faults with our IT system. I can access the portal with no problem so I assume they are still processing our applications. If they lost any of our data I believe they'd contact us :smile:

PRSOM
A friend of mine who's also an international student just got an Interview for 28 february :smile:
Interview for the A100 for Feb. 28!

International (Canadian grad):
Degree: B.Sc. 2:1 equivalent
IB: 36 points
UKCAT: 833
PS: research (international conference + paper), worked with vulnerable patient populations (multiple positions), patient advocacy (multiple positions), brief mention of school interests such as sustainability and student residence
Original post by neuralgal

PS: research (international conference + paper), worked with vulnerable patient populations (multiple positions), patient advocacy (multiple positions), brief mention of school interests such as sustainability and student residence

Congrats! Is this for A100 or A102?
Original post by yanzzz123
Congrats! Is this for A100 or A102?

Sorry this is a dumb question this must be A100 cuz A102 is in Jan

Did you get the interview today or last week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha, don't worry about it. I'm kinda surprised that the date is so late though, they said it would be the end of January/beginning of February on their website.
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Did you get the interview today or last week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got it this afternoon (so around 7/8 pm UK time)
Original post by Mo_elheramy
A friend of mine who's also an international student just got an Interview for 28 february :smile:

Same date! Where's your Friend from?
Original post by AmmarAliJaved
Hey, I'm currently doing As level and want to study medicine in the UK. I have 10A* 1A at GCSE and 1000+ hours of volunteer work at medical institutions and 3 clinical research publications in International Medical Journals. My first preference is Oxford. (do I have a chance?) second is kings.
Can someone tell me when I have to give the UKCAT and BMAT?
Also
Do we apply to university in the same year we finish our AS level? Like before we start A2?

What volunteer work did you do exactly and how did you get it especially in a clinical research institute?
Hello King's applicants!
I have recently been offered an interview at King's- much to my surprise!
If anyone is interested in my application stats;
GCSES: 4A*, 8A, 2B, and A in FSMQ additional maths
A level predictions: A*A*A*A (chem, bio, maths, psych)- also achieved a C in further maths AS.
UKCAT: 753
In the end i think its down to the personal statement.. Ill likely mess up this interview, but best of luck to all 2017 entry applicants!
Original post by AmmarAliJaved
Hey, I'm currently doing As level and want to study medicine in the UK. I have 10A* 1A at GCSE and 1000+ hours of volunteer work at medical institutions and 3 clinical research publications in International Medical Journals. My first preference is Oxford. (do I have a chance?) second is kings.
Can someone tell me when I have to give the UKCAT and BMAT?
Also
Do we apply to university in the same year we finish our AS level? Like before we start A2?

Take your UKCAT in the summer and BMAT will be in November.

Honestly 1000+ hours or 20+ hours makes very little difference as it's all about reflection in your PS than quantity so focus on this when you are writing it.

With Oxford you have the GCSEs so it's now down to the BMAT. People say it has some elements of the UKCAT but I don't see it.
Original post by OnceUponADoc
Hello King's applicants!
I have recently been offered an interview at King's- much to my surprise!
If anyone is interested in my application stats;
GCSES: 4A*, 8A, 2B, and A in FSMQ additional maths
A level predictions: A*A*A*A (chem, bio, maths, psych)- also achieved a C in further maths AS.
UKCAT: 753
In the end i think its down to the personal statement.. Ill likely mess up this interview, but best of luck to all 2017 entry applicants!

Your UKCAT makes up for your GCSEs so it's not surprising that you got *an* interview. I agree that you must've gotten it this early because they loved your PS. Well Done! Is it in December?
Original post by studentsixth
Your UKCAT makes up for your GCSEs so it's not surprising that you got *an* interview. I agree that you must've gotten it this early because they loved your PS. Well Done! Is it in December?

Yes, 13th December.. I am the least confident person so i strongly doubt the interview will go anywhere. Where are you applying?
Original post by rosemondtan
Same date! Where's your Friend from?

She's from Malaysia, but we both are doing our A-levels in the UK (still considered as international students). What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

congrats ! so happy for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending