The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Wish I was applying in the 2005 days where you only needed ABB - without even having to take an entrance exam.

Omg it was so much worse before that! I know a consultant paediatrician who got CDD and got into medical school in Bristol 😱
Original post by CutieTootsie
Omg it was so much worse before that! I know a consultant paediatrician who got CDD and got into medical school in Bristol 😱

Lol, I think it was during a time when no one bothered with university because it wasn't really necessary to get professional jobs. But now, there's competition everywhere 😰
I feel like I've only just realised how crazy it is to have applied to imperial:/ the cut-offs are discouraging.
Many phenomenal applicants will get instant rejections because they didn't do well on the BMAT :/
😭😭😭😭😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't know how you've done until Friday. There's no need to doubt yourself. Even if you don't get into Imperial, the most important thing is to actually get a place somewhere so, as easy as it is for me to say, try not to worry too much about the BMAT.

Wish I was applying in the 2005 days where you only needed ABB - without even having to take an entrance exam.

One of the GPs I was working with in my gap year got an unconditional from Cardiff (she was still doing her A-Levels at the time). Imagine if that still existed today :moon:
Original post by carpenoctem
I know exactly how you feel. I personally feel its easier to get into Cambridge (if you're good enough) than Imperial simply because they don't have such a harsh culling system before properly looking at the applications. :/

I think it depends on your strengths, really. We have lots of Oxbridge rejects here (including me :tongue:) but who got into Imperial, but we also have a few who got offers from Oxbridge but turned them down interestingly.
Has anyone else got an email from UCL asking to send proof of work experience????
Or is it just me???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone- just wondering how you all found the BMAT this year?
Original post by OnceUponADoc
Hi everyone- just wondering how you all found the BMAT this year?

Still trying to forget it :|
Original post by Johncenaofficial
Has anyone else got an email from UCL asking to send proof of work experience????
Or is it just me???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imperial thread. I understand the excitement but there is a UCL thread for a reason.
They get our results tomorrow

Someone told me they don't even release cut-offs. They just reject you. So cruel

Reply 130
Someone told me they don't even release cut-offs. They just reject you. So cruel

It doesn't make any differences whether they tell us the cut off or not because our results won't change either ways.
Reply 131
They get our results tomorrow

I am so excited and nervous!
Original post by Earth1
I am so excited and nervous!

Haha same 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Earth1
It doesn't make any differences whether they tell us the cut off or not because our results won't change either ways.

But surely it would give peace of mind? Other universities release their cut-offs
But surely it would give peace of mind? Other universities release their cut-offs

So if they get our results tomorrow, we will hear from them tomorrow if we didn't meet the cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aspiringmedic178
So if they get our results tomorrow, we will hear from them tomorrow if we didn't meet the cut off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

erm, not sure - probably not. dont they decide the cut-offs based on how many people they want to invite to interview? so i'm guessing they'd need to have meeting to decide on these things - I'm not optimistic about hearing tomorrow :frown:

I really hope the trend continues with other uni cut-offs, and theirs drops a lot too!
Original post by missxyn
Still trying to forget it :|

Hmm, yep. Didn't like section 2 so much :/
I wonder what all the band cut offs will be this year???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeAMerchant
I wonder what all the band cut offs will be this year???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably be mid 4s for each section for band 3 at Imperial.
Probably be mid 4s for each section for band 3 at Imperial.

Do you know how band 4 works?

Quick Reply

Latest