The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone actually know what we will be doing on a daily basis? Lol
Original post by Cass1988
Anyone actually know what we will be doing on a daily basis? Lol

Lol..... I thought they told you that on the phone 😜
Original post by Jamz115
Lol..... I thought they told you that on the phone 😜

They said it was investigations basically. Just hoping it's not a call centre type thing as heard concentrix lost the contract to do this. Hoping it's not being bigged up haha
Reply 423
They said it was investigations basically. Just hoping it's not a call centre type thing as heard concentrix lost the contract to do this. Hoping it's not being bigged up haha

Lisburn is the RIS team (risk). we build cases and pass it on to custom house HO/O teams to go out and investigate them. Your phone call was correct :smile:
Original post by MikalM
Lisburn is the RIS team (risk). we build cases and pass it on to custom house HO/O teams to go out and investigate them. Your phone call was correct :smile:

Brilliant thanks for that. Is it enjoyable then? Haha
Reply 425
Brilliant thanks for that. Is it enjoyable then? Haha

I've no idea, I just know from my friend in custom house lol. I just had my last day in Child Maintenance Service today. Looking forward to next Monday! :smile:
Original post by MikalM
I've no idea, I just know from my friend in custom house lol. I just had my last day in Child Maintenance Service today. Looking forward to next Monday! :smile:

Sweet looking forward to it myself. And to meet the people behind the screens on this haha
Sweet looking forward to it myself. And to meet the people behind the screens on this haha

It sounds interesting.... We perhaps will be looking at these super computers which store everyone's details and that sort of thing. My initial contact was from Lisburn as opposed to Custom House so I assume I will be based in Lisburn too. The lady from CSR i was talking too in England just told me to go to Custom House to produce my documents at the time because she wasn't aware of the existence of the Lisburn office. But the checks were completed so awaiting a start date.

https://sage-exchange.co.uk/news/industry-news/how-does-hmrc-select-tax-returns-for-enquiry Might be worth a read 👍😀
Original post by MikalM

Fits with the role I was offered "Analyst" which is apparently Risk and Intelligence service. Happy with that at first glance, far rather be compiling data for investigation than crunching numbers into a calculator.....
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Fits with the role I was offered "Analyst" which is apparently Risk and Intelligence service. Happy with that at first glance, far rather be compiling data for investigation than crunching numbers into a calculator.....

Yes me also. Were you O or HO?
Original post by Jamz115
Yes me also. Were you O or HO?

O, on the back of TSP16. Have you got a formal,start date now? When did they tell you it was an analyst role?
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
O, on the back of TSP16. Have you got a formal,start date now? When did they tell you it was an analyst role?

No not a formal start date as yet ... haha I may not be im just assuming though as all the communication has been with Lisburn that I'll be in Lisburn when they do eventually get in touch. Lady in CSR is being very helpful I must say in pushing things along so hopefully won't be too long. I'm O too
Well got my email today with a formal offer. Start on 19th December in Custom House in Belfast. Anyone else have any good news today?
Original post by Marko657
Well got my email today with a formal offer. Start on 19th December in Custom House in Belfast. Anyone else have any good news today?

Congrats! Is this for an O or HO role? I'm waiting for a start date for an O role in Belfast. 19th December isn't even four weeks away. Do you have to give notice in your current role? I need to give one full month's notice where I am at the moment.
Original post by theduffman82
Congrats! Is this for an O or HO role? I'm waiting for a start date for an O role in Belfast. 19th December isn't even four weeks away. Do you have to give notice in your current role? I need to give one full month's notice where I am at the moment.

It's for O role. Have you passed all pre-employment checks? Have you checked your emails lol?
It's for O role. Have you passed all pre-employment checks? Have you checked your emails lol?

Yes, pre-employment checks passed on the 10th Nov. I've been checking my emails religiously! How long a notice period do you have to give in your current job? I'm just concerned that I'll get a start date that will be too soon as I have to work a month's notice.
Original post by theduffman82
Yes, pre-employment checks passed on the 10th Nov. I've been checking my emails religiously! How long a notice period do you have to give in your current job? I'm just concerned that I'll get a start date that will be too soon as I have to work a month's notice.

Think my notice is 2 weeks. Although I'm a current civil servant so wouldn't matter much I think. I only got my passed checks email last week. Bit strange you haven't got an offer then. Have you checked portal as well?
At the end of the day your current employer can't really do much if you can't serve your month. Can hardly sack you lol.
Think my notice is 2 weeks. Although I'm a current civil servant so wouldn't matter much I think. I only got my passed checks email last week. Bit strange you haven't got an offer then. Have you checked portal as well?
At the end of the day your current employer can't really do much if you can't serve your month. Can hardly sack you lol.

Ah OK - maybe they were aware your notice period was only 2 weeks then. That, and the fact that you are already in the civil service. Yeah, checked portal as well and nothing. I don't mind waiting til after Christmas to be honest - just that fear of not being able to work my notice period. I know what you are saying but I'd rather leave on good terms.

Latest

Trending

Trending