The Student Room Group

Social Work QUB/UU Applicants 2017

Hi All,

Just checking if anyone is applying for social work at Queens or University of Ulster in 2017?

Currently completing my application and it would be great to hear from others!

Scroll to see replies

Hiya

I'm not applying to the same uni as you, but I have at Robert Gordon, Glasgow, west scotland, Lancaster, and Liverpool.

I sent my UCAS last week and I still haven't received any offers other than a email from two unis saying they have got my application.

Has anyone out there received any offers or invitation to interviews yet? or can give me advice into how long it takes for my uni's to get back to me?
Reply 2
Hi there! I have just finished my application to both QUB and UU! I'm just waiting for my reference to be attached :smile: I've also applied to East Anglia, Edinburgh and Nottingham, where else have you applied?
Reply 3
Hiya!

I started a thread about this weeks ago too.... duno how I missed yours!

I'm in Queen's for 2017 entry, I had to defer this year.

Have you submitted your UCAS form/ had the second personal statement thing yet?

B xx
Reply 4
Original post by darana17
Hiya!

I started a thread about this weeks ago too.... duno how I missed yours!

I'm in Queen's for 2017 entry, I had to defer this year.

Have you submitted your UCAS form/ had the second personal statement thing yet?

B xx

My UCAS is finished,I'm just patiently awaiting my school to attach the reference and do the final checks before it's sent on. I'm so so nervous, I just want to know now if I'm getting an offer or not nevermind the two stages between lol
Reply 5
Original post by morgaan
My UCAS is finished,I'm just patiently awaiting my school to attach the reference and do the final checks before it's sent on. I'm so so nervous, I just want to know now if I'm getting an offer or not nevermind the two stages between lol

Yeah the process seems to take ages and it is so nerve wracking. Things will speed up a bit after Christmas with the second statements and interviews. The wait after the interviews is the worst bit!

B xx
Reply 6
Hi! I received the forms asking for consent to share information last week. I need to order new GCSE certificates and will send these off when they arrive.
It's a long process so trying not to stress about it now!
Are you all applying for the 2 or 3 year degree? I have applied for both but I already have a degree so hoping for the 2 year!
Reply 7
Original post by Ellenb92
Hi! I received the forms asking for consent to share information last week. I need to order new GCSE certificates and will send these off when they arrive.
It's a long process so trying not to stress about it now!
Are you all applying for the 2 or 3 year degree? I have applied for both but I already have a degree so hoping for the 2 year!

I'm applying for the three year course as this is my first degree coming straight out of school. I'm really worried that coming straight out of school will be a disadvantage because everyone else has like life experience and I don't lol
Reply 8
Original post by morgaan
I'm applying for the three year course as this is my first degree coming straight out of school. I'm really worried that coming straight out of school will be a disadvantage because everyone else has like life experience and I don't lol

It's always an advantage to have some experience to talk about but it all comes down to how well we all do at interview! Plenty of people get into the course straight out of school!
Reply 9
It's always an advantage to have some experience to talk about but it all comes down to how well we all do at interview! Plenty of people get into the course straight out of school!

That's very true! I hope my voluntary work is enough so at least I'm not completely stuck!! :smile:
Reply 10
I got my request from UU for the 600 word personal statement. Anyone started one of these yet?
I got my request from UU for the 600 word personal statement. Anyone started one of these yet?

Hi, I'm doing my 600 word personal statement at the minute. I done it last year and got an interview (sadly rejected after interview). If you have any questions I'm happy to help. 😊
Just sent my 600 word personal statement 😣 my future is out of my hands now 😂
hey guys only found this.anyone else not receive their letter to sign for the agreement to share until the 5th Jan? They extended deadline anyway but i hadn't got email to begin with! all in now and they requested my access results at the beginning of December so just waiting patiently to see if i get to the 600 word personal statement stage. some of you got asked for it quite early! i had seen in other forums that as of Sept 2016 they were to be done in exam circumstances. Obviously not here then thankfully :smile:
Applied only to queens due to work commitments. Applied quite early. Sent my Personal statement in last week so hopefully just awaiting an invitation for interview
Reply 15
I sent away my 600 word statement on Tuesday. I have a group interview on Friday at Nottingham uni and another interview on the 26th January at east Anglia- anyone else heading to any of these?
Oh that's not so bad then it's the same format as last year 😊. Really have put all my eggs in one basket this time only applying for dungannon and magee due to work and kids so fingers crossed for us
Original post by socialworker2be
Just sent my 600 word personal statement 😣 my future is out of my hands now 😂

Have you had any reply yet about your interview? It's such a waiting game!
Hey guys I'm in first year at BMC doing social work through UU if yous want any advice please let me no! Everyone loves our class as it's a small class of 30 and we all get on so well.
Reply 19
Hi, i was late in applying for Social work this year but made the deadline thankfully 😀 just wondering how long did it take before you were asked about 600word statement. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending