The Student Room Group

Migrant rape in Japan

Japan took in 27 migrants. Two of them from Turkey have been arrested for gang raping and robbing a Japanese woman.

Germany has taken in over a million and from less moderate countries than Turkey.

You do the math...

Original source: http://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/160222/afr1602220014-n1.html

English : http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2016/02/22/tokyo-cops-arrest-turkish-asylum-seekers-in-gang-rape-of-woman/

Anyone else want to complain about how Japan aren't taking enough migrants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Whats your point? Rape happens everywhere. I feel deeply sorry for the japanese woman just like every other rape victim.
Reply 2
Original post by ahlam H
Whats your point? Rape happens everywhere. I feel deeply sorry for the japanese woman just like every other rape victim.

My point is that either Japan were extremely unlucky in getting the only two rapists in Turkey out of the 27 they took. Or the more logical conclusion that people from certain regions of the world have a far higher propensity for rape than others, which should have a bearing on Western immigration policy.
Just making themselves at home.
Lost for words
Reply 5
Original post by Mathemagicien
Glad Japan can also experience wonderful cultural enrichment, despite losing out on most of the refugees

They also had a riot outside of the Turkish embassy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvlFe-VCDbU

There's enough of cultural enrichment for everybody clearly. I imagine once the Japanese workforce shrinks they'd sooner blow up the country than hand it over to savages no doubt.
Original post by Jebedee
Japan took in 27 migrants. Two of them from Turkey have been arrested for gang raping and robbing a Japanese woman.

Germany has taken in over a million and from less moderate countries than Turkey.

You do the math...

Original source: http://www.sankei.com/affairs/news/160222/afr1602220014-n1.html

English : http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2016/02/22/tokyo-cops-arrest-turkish-asylum-seekers-in-gang-rape-of-woman/

Anyone else want to complain about how Japan aren't taking enough migrants?

**rolls eyes**
Lol don't the Japanese remember what they did to Korea and China?
Reply 8
Original post by Konahagakure
Lol don't the Japanese remember what they did to Korea and China?

What about the crusades right?!

There's been no major conflict in Japan since WW2. These are peace times and there's no excuse for this kind of strife and even less excuse to drag the Japanese into it.
Original post by Jebedee
What about the crusades right?!

There's been no major conflict in Japan since WW2. These are peace times and there's no excuse for this kind of strife and even less excuse to drag the Japanese into it.

The Japanese should repay Korea, China and all the countries that experienced their aggression.
(This doesn't mean I agree with what happened)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
The Japanese should repay Korea, China and all the countries that experienced their aggression.

Reparations are a stupid idea because drawing the line of who and how far back must pay is completely arbitrary and even the discussion is contrary to a peaceful relationship.

That being said, it is not relevant to this thread.
Reply 11
No PC or apologism infecting Japanese society. Look up Unit 731 to see how vicious they can be as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ohgeez
No PC or apologism infecting Japanese society. Look up Unit 731 to see how vicious they can be as well.

And the Rape of Nanking in China.

What you're essentially suggesting with your ignorant comment is that Japan 'deserves' these rapes. Apologetics at its best.
Original post by Aceadria
What you're essentially suggesting with your ignorant comment is that Japan 'deserves' these rapes. Apologetics at its best.

Do you even know what these people did in East Asia during WW2???
I'm not saying they deserve it. Rape is a disgusting crime.
Reply 15
Do you even know what these people did in East Asia during WW2???
I'm not saying they deserve it. Rape is a disgusting crime.

No one is saying they haven't done awful things, or that any people on the planet haven't.

Surely you hold similar or stronger contempt for those who are still to this present day committing disgusting crimes?
Original post by Jebedee

You do the math...

So you've taken a sample group of 27 people, and from that are hoping to extrapolate a meaningful conclusion to apply to over a million dis-similar people, according to your own premise.

Well, at least you've recoginised your inability to do maths and asked the rest of us to pick up the slack.
Reply 17
Original post by JollyCynic
So you've taken a sample group of 27 people, and from that are hoping to extrapolate a meaningful conclusion to apply to over a million dis-similar people, according to your own premise.

Well, at least you've recoginised your inability to do maths and asked the rest of us to pick up the slack.

Nice try but no cigar. What I've done is taken a sample group of 27 people and put it forward as contributing evidence to the already extensively discussed sample groups from countries like France, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Austria and Germany.

I'm not asking anyone to come to a definitive conclusion based on this article alone. But if you want, for giggles I can find a sample group of Japanese people who emigrated to Europe and see how many of them were convicted of rape. I'm sure myself and the other people on TSR are fully capable of answering that for you here and now though.
Japanese soldiers did their fair share of rape in the WW2. Korean, Filipino and Chinese women suffered. Yet Japan still denied responsibility and refused apology to 'comfort women'. Japanese school books glance over WW2 atrocities.
Original post by Jebedee
No one is saying they haven't done awful things, or that any people on the planet haven't.

Surely you hold similar or stronger contempt for those who are still to this present day committing disgusting crimes?

Yes obviously. Also I think Japan needs to accept more migrants but not those who are uneducated and have no skills. Their aging and declining population will soon become a serious issue. They also have a debt that is approximately twice(?) the size of their economy. Without a large enough workforce how do they ever imagine to pay that off and grow their economy.

It would be better for them to take migrants from South Korea, China or even the US instead of Turkey.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest