The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plym Uni Applicants 2017

Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Plym Uni 2017 applicants forum :smile:, it's never to early to say hello so give us a shout and let us know

-What courses are you applying to?

-Have you registered for an open day yet?

-Or had an explore around the South West?

Please do pop us over any questions you have :hello:

Plus, we're all current or former students here so we can give you answers for pretty much everything to do with Plymouth University.

Speak soon

Georgia, Adam & Matt
Plym Uni Student Reps.

Scroll to see replies

I applied for computer science and received an offer yesterday (DDM)
(edited 7 years ago)
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by marion771
I am applied for computer science and received an offer yesterday (DDM)

Congrats on your offer! :smile:
Reply 3
I'm applying to Education Studies, I went to an open day in October :smile: I currently live in Cornwall, so I know Plymouth very well. My application is currently being processed - hopefully I'll receive offers in the next few weeks
I have NEVER been to Plymouth and I've applied to study Adult Nursing haha. Maybe that makes me a bit crazy, but I've heard a lot of good things about the uni and the location ticks a lot of boxes for me. I have an interview next week so if I were to get an offer I would make sure I check the place out properly and do some research :smile:
Original post by Caver
I'm applying to Education Studies, I went to an open day in October :smile: I currently live in Cornwall, so I know Plymouth very well. My application is currently being processed - hopefully I'll receive offers in the next few weeks

Nice! Did you enjoy the Open Day? I hope you went to the marquee and got a pasty :tongue:

Good luck with everything!
Original post by MissDetermined
I have NEVER been to Plymouth and I've applied to study Adult Nursing haha. Maybe that makes me a bit crazy, but I've heard a lot of good things about the uni and the location ticks a lot of boxes for me. I have an interview next week so if I were to get an offer I would make sure I check the place out properly and do some research :smile:

Hi MissDetermined, same here! I applied for my degree course here without having visited (but doing a lot of google mapping and research on the uni website) I came for an interview on my applicant day and fell in love with the place. I'm sure you will too. :biggrin: I went for an explore on Dartmoor and went to Cornwall after my applicant day, have you got any plans and what is it about the location you're looking forward to? :smile: What kind of things are you into?- if you want some recommendations for places to go and things to do in the city just let us know!

Georgia
Plym Uni student rep.
Hey guys!
I applied for Architectural technology and environment and got my offer a few days back.
Since I'm an international student, I can't visit the university on an open day but I did visit the university and walked around the campus when I was in London for vacations.
Unfortunately I couldn't see the accommodation or the classes since much of the staff was on break or engaged in the clearing process.
Reply 8
I applied for Events Management at Plymouth Uni and got a conditional offer a few days ago! :smile: Looking forward to attending one of the applicant days next year.
Reply 9
I have applied for Police and Criminal Justice Studies and made Plymouth my firm choice the other day.:h:
Original post by Lyrici3383
Hey guys!
I applied for Architectural technology and environment and got my offer a few days back.
Since I'm an international student, I can't visit the university on an open day but I did visit the university and walked around the campus when I was in London for vacations.
Unfortunately I couldn't see the accommodation or the classes since much of the staff was on break or engaged in the clearing process.

Hi Lyrici3383,

If you want to have a little tour of the halls use this video, it's a 360 video so move your phone around or drag with your mouse and you can look all around the different rooms. :smile: I think it's really cool!

What did you think when you visited?

All the best
Georgia
Plym Uni student rep
Original post by MB1904
I applied for Events Management at Plymouth Uni and got a conditional offer a few days ago! :smile: Looking forward to attending one of the applicant days next year.

Hi!

Congratulations on your offer, have you been to Plymouth before or will the Applicant Day be your first time? :smile:

Georgia
PlymUni Student Rep
Original post by Nat37800
I have applied for Police and Criminal Justice Studies and made Plymouth my firm choice the other day.:h:

Hi Nat37800,

That's awesome, how exciting for you! Did you come to an open or applicant day already?
Plymouth is such a fun city, you'll have a brill time here! I'm really jealous, I wish I was going into my first year again!

Georgia
PlymUni student rep.
I have applied for Marine Biology and I received an offer last week
Reply 14
Applied for Navigation and Maritime Sciences, got an offer this week and look forward to attending an application day next year :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Plymouth University
Hi!

Congratulations on your offer, have you been to Plymouth before or will the Applicant Day be your first time? :smile:

Georgia
PlymUni Student Rep

Thank you :smile: I came to an open day in the summer and my college is partnered with Plymouth uni so come to the library to study a lot, so yeah know it fairly well now!
Original post by desertblonde
I have applied for Marine Biology and I received an offer last week

Hi desertblonde,

Nice work! What a brilliant place to study Marine Biology. Plus if you love the water there's no where better to be- it's so so good in the summer being next to the sea, so many times I've got terrible FOMO when people are swimming in the sea off of the Hoe and just decided to jump in too :biggrin:

Congrats on your offer!!

Georgia
Plym Uni student rep
Original post by eli1999
Applied for Navigation and Maritime Sciences, got an offer this week and look forward to attending an application day next year :smile:

Hello eli1999!

Excellent! Congrats on your offer :smile: Are you going to spend the weekend here when you come for your Applicant Day to explore the city when you're done exploring the Campus? :smile:

Georgia
Plym Uni Student Rep
Anyone applied for Mental health nursing and had an interview yet? I'm hoping to get one and was wondering how long it took for you to be contacted once the Uni received your application? And also how the interviews have gone? :smile: Thanks!! Holly
Reply 19
Hi All, I'm Kirsty and ive applied to Plymouth to study Optometry in 2017. Im checking my emails about 20 times a day at the moment, waiting to hear if I've got an interview! I visited the open day last summer and really enjoyed the day. I've also found that there's loads of helpful information and support provided by the uni so that's been also real help.
Good luck everyone with your applications =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending