The Student Room Group

Oxford English Interviews

Has anyone got an interview/rejection for english yet? If so what college?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm still waiting nervously for Univ but I really don't expect to get one
Reply 2
I applied to Mansfield and I'm still waiting on a reply from Oxford - what about you? Got a mock interview with two students tomorrow though.. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by lalaa64
I applied to Mansfield and I'm still waiting on a reply from Oxford - what about you? Got a mock interview with two students tomorrow though.. :s-smilie:

Univ!!! I may be having a mock interview today although it feels a bit of a waste of time if I don't even get called... but I know it's just practise anyway
Still waiting for a reply. Apparently we'll hear back sometime this week so that's exciting/terrifying. xD
Reply 5
Original post by hannmars
Univ!!! I may be having a mock interview today although it feels a bit of a waste of time if I don't even get called... but I know it's just practise anyway

Good luckk :frown: hope it goes well, and I know how you feel. I'm not bothered either, just waiting for them to reply too..
Reply 6
Original post by teaandbiscuits24
Still waiting for a reply. Apparently we'll hear back sometime this week so that's exciting/terrifying. xD

Omg really? That is so scaryy
Original post by lalaa64
Omg really? That is so scaryy

I know, right? xD At least we're all in the same boat though :smile:
Reply 8
I know, right? xD At least we're all in the same boat though :smile:

Yepp :P what college did you apply to?
Original post by lalaa64
Yepp :P what college did you apply to?

Hertford, you?
Hertford, you?

Ahh Hertford is beautiful, I wanted to apply there, but I applied to Mansfield
I'm guessing they should send out invites soon, especially since some colleges have English interviews starting on the 4th
Hopefully it will be soon! I'm getting very nervous!
anyone know when the interview invites were sent out last year? My bet is Thursday but I'm hoping they'll let us know tomorrow
Reply 14
I'm also waiting nervously. I applied to Mansfield...
Do you know how much weighting they put on GCSE's in deciding who to
interview? How about written work? I did well at my GCSE's and naturally I
got 2A* grades in English Language and Literature plus A's in all the Arts
subjects and I got top grades in my AS'... I'm just not sure my GCSE's are
good by Oxbridge standards
Good luck to everyone x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by lalaa64
Good luckk :frown: hope it goes well, and I know how you feel. I'm not bothered either, just waiting for them to reply too..

Me too!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I just want to know already..
Best of luck xx
Original post by Bea._99
I'm also waiting nervously. I applied to Mansfield...
Do you know how much weighting they put on GCSE's in deciding who to
interview? How about written work? I did well at my GCSE's and naturally I
got 2A* grades in English Language and Literature plus A's in all the Arts
subjects and I got top grades in my AS'... I'm just not sure my GCSE's are
good by Oxbridge standards
Good luck to everyone x

I wouldn't worry; GCSE grades are important, but they also put equal (in some cases greater) weight on your personal statement, your reference, contextual data/exceptional circumstances, how you did in the ELAT, your written work, the interview, your predicted grades, and to a lesser extent what you achieved in your AS levels. From what I've been told there's no calculator or algorithm they use, they consider it all by a case-by-case basis so it isn't the end of the world if you're worried about one aspect of your application. And for what it's worth, those are some pretty amazing GCSE results! :smile:

Original post by lalaa64
Ahh Hertford is beautiful, I wanted to apply there, but I applied to Mansfield

Mansfield is gorgeous! :biggrin: Best of luck :smile:
Reply 17
I think it may be Friday, judging by Brasenose info on the other thread some won't be done till next week. Was hoping it would all be done by the end of this week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by immyB01
anyone know when the interview invites were sent out last year? My bet is Thursday but I'm hoping they'll let us know tomorrow

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3728799&x=0&y=0 - here's the link to the forum from last year and when they received interviews. (English was mostly on the second page I think) Hopefully we will get replies over the next few days!
Original post by Bea._99
Me too!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up but I just want to know already..
Best of luck xx

Thank youu x and I knoww me too, I don't think I will get one but if I do I will be over the moon..

Btw your grades are amazing! You definitely have a great chance of getting in so don't stress about that :smile: it's nice to find someone else who's applied to Mansfield too
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending