The Student Room Group

Why Does Nigel Farage Get So Much Hate?

Scroll to see replies

He can be kind of insensitive with some of his campaign material *coughs* like that poster *cough cough*.

I don't dislike him as much as everyone else does though. He can come across kind of xenophobic and sexist at times but he does voice what other people are thinking. The only thing I don't like about his policies is that most of them are too far right for me.
Original post by Davij038

I think a lot of people, particularly young people will watch him on YouTube insulting some MEP of other and go 'haha the guys a legend' but the fact is he's paid a great deal of money to act on our behalf not act like he does.

Original post by Naveed-7
I agree with you OP. Nigel Farage is pretty good.
I ****ing love seeing videos of him thrashing EU leaders in brussels, haha.

****ing lol. It took 5 posts before someone proved your point.
Starting to seriously think this Naveed kid is a remainer who has made a fake account and is spewing the absolute worst leave arguments to discredit the leave campaign
Original post by Dez
He speaks for the people, unfortunately he does so in the worst way possible. He spouts lies pretty much constantly, fabricating statistics and making up facts in order to prove his point, and simultaneously claiming he's not like other politicians and that he's not corrupt. :rolleyes:

Also I've once had the displeasure of meeting him face-to-face, and he was an utter snob. Good at buttering up people when he wants to, but very unpleasant to anyone he considers beneath him.

It sounded like you were describing Cameron.
Reply 23
Original post by physicsphysics91
It sounded like you were describing Cameron.

Can't say I'm much of a fan of his either, but unlike Farage I haven't met him in person yet.
Putin's a good leader, the cucks like Obama try **** all over him its hilarious.
The only thing I can draw from this thread is the cynical truth that most of today's youth don't think for themselves; they read the big newspapers and enjoy getting involved - or perhaps manipulated by their agendas, in a very self-righteous manner. An insult alone, with no support is a self-evident confession of one's ignorance and contrived perspective. The fact is - I don't agree with a lot of his right-wing views, but he is passionate, committed and actually, rather honest by political standards. If you search the sources of the 'racist' quotes in corporate newspapers, you discover they were taken way out of context - which is hardly surprising, due to Farage's opposition to them - but also; the mainstream media are more corrupt, manipulative and nasty than Farage could ever hope to be.
You can have terrible ideologies and principles and still be a very strong politician

If Farage wasn't right wing, he'd be a decent leader
(edited 7 years ago)
It's been fantastic to see Farage on top of the world lately. First Brexit, now Trump - I'm extremely proud of what he's managed to achieve and am extremely proud to be a staunch UKIP-er.
Original post by #ChaosKass
It's been fantastic to see Farage on top of the world lately. First Brexit, now Trump - I'm extremely proud of what he's managed to achieve and am extremely proud to be a staunch UKIP-er.

Typical Ukippers, proud of other people's achievements.
Farage is a very talented politician. I think other than disagreeing with him on a number of issues, primarily the EU the thing I dislike about him is that he's essentially a right wing Corbyn.
Original post by physicsphysics91
I've been watching debates he appears in (such as against Heseltine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZD5VJLSZUo). I agree that at times he can be a bit rough around the edges. However, he seems unlike other politicians hes very direct, straight to the point with answering questions, doesnt give a wishy-washy politically correct answer. Why does he get so much hate for speaking up for what the majority of people think?

He answers questions with a straight forward factually correct statement in most instances, he did say inflammatory comments but usually they are correct

I agree. He has indeed achieved a lot in the last few years. But I am not sure I would count dividing a nation and speaking rhetoric that has fuelled an increase in racial violence across the country as a success. To say nothing of the lies he told in order to get people to vote Brexit.

The problem with Farage, is that as far as he is concerned, the only thing that matters is Farage. He doesn't give two hoots about the UK, the people who live here or the consequences of his "straight" talking.
Reply 32

good for you, and as usual, you only made this silly cringeworthy comment for attention. welll done.
Original post by Davij038
Farage is a very talented politician. I think other than disagreeing with him on a number of issues, primarily the EU the thing I dislike about him is that he's essentially a right wing Corbyn.

Do you think Corbyn is talented?
Original post by bones-mccoy
You can have terrible ideologies and principles and still be a very strong politician

If Farage wasn't right wing, he'd be a decent leader

If he was not right wing he would of never been a politician. He won the referendum because he first and foremost got the majority of white working class, a bit like Trump in america.
Original post by United Britain
Do you think Corbyn is talented?

In some areas certainly. He's taken over the opppsition party, consolidated his power and built a cadre of dedicated followers. It's also possible that he has ulterior motives- e.g. Destroying the Labour Party the way Trump has destroyed the Republican Party.
Ever since he made that speech on referendum night about winning a with no shots being fired, glossing over Jo Cox, I really really dislike him.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending