The Student Room Group
University of York
York

BSc film and tv production University of York

Hello!
I have got an interview for film and tv production at York and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice from past experience. I find film and tv infinitely fascinating and I'm desperate to translate this within my interview however, I don't have much experience within the field and no past projects.
Thank you for any advice offered :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I have an interview for Film and TV too, and they've said before that you don't need to have any actual experience in it. As long as you can really convey to them that you are passionate about it - and that your pitch is exciting and you show your passion through that, then you'll be fine. I'm really nervous for it, but I think if you be yourself, it'll be okay. I'm doing Law, History and English A-levels, which is far from a creative or media based course so don't worry, you won't be the only one with a lack of experience!
University of York
York
Original post by livvy.
Hey! I have an interview for Film and TV too, and they've said before that you don't need to have any actual experience in it. As long as you can really convey to them that you are passionate about it - and that your pitch is exciting and you show your passion through that, then you'll be fine. I'm really nervous for it, but I think if you be yourself, it'll be okay. I'm doing Law, History and English A-levels, which is far from a creative or media based course so don't worry, you won't be the only one with a lack of experience!

Thank you so much I feel much better and relieved don't worry I do maths, English and drama so a weird mix haha! I will probably see you there haha!!!
Hiya!

You're always free to give the department a ring and find out more about this - Patrick is your admissions tutor and will be happy to answer any questions you may have :smile: You can email him on [email protected], or give him a ring on +44 (0)1904 32 5220.

I hope that's helpful

Katie
I've also been invited to an interview for the same course! Might see you there.
I am so nervous aha so you all maybe tomorrow
Reply 6
I have the interview as well! How much have you guys prepared for your pitch?
Reply 7
Original post by raleks
I have the interview as well! How much have you guys prepared for your pitch?

Asking for a friend: can everyone who has an interview tell me when they sent their application off? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
hey when did you send in your application? I sent mine like a week ago and was wondering around what time I should expect to hear back from them? thanks ☺️
Reply 9
Original post by chra_
Asking for a friend: can everyone who has an interview tell me when they sent their application off? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent off my UCAS early October and heard from York a week and half later with an invite for an interview
Original post by afimiani
hey when did you send in your application? I sent mine like a week ago and was wondering around what time I should expect to hear back from them? thanks ☺️

I sentence my UCAS off in October and heard back three days later for an interview.:smile:
Reply 11
How did everyone's interviews go today? ☺️
Reply 12
Original post by afimiani

I sent my UCAS off early November and got an interview for 23rd but I think they do them in blocks - so you're likely to get one for December or January or even later than that :smile:
Reply 13
Had my interview yesterday and I got an offer today! I'm beyond excited!
Original post by raleks
Had my interview yesterday and I got an offer today! I'm beyond excited!

Well done that's amazing!!! I haven't got on yet or any sort of reply so I probably haven't then:frown:
Wait I did get an offer yesterday but I forgot to check AHHH🎉🎉:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Aicha.sebtane
Well done that's amazing!!! I haven't got on yet or any sort of reply so I probably haven't then:frown:

Oh don't say that! I bet they will reply to you! Did you have your interview also on Wednesday?
Reply 17
Wait I did get an offer yesterday but I forgot to check AHHH🎉🎉:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There you go! 🎉🎉 what grades do you need to get?
Original post by raleks
There you go! 🎉🎉 what grades do you need to get?

AAB still what about you? And Ye I had it on Wednesday as well!
Reply 19
AAB still what about you? And Ye I had it on Wednesday as well!

AAB as well, I'm a bit scared because I want to go to York, it's my number one uni but I'm scared I won't get the grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending