The Student Room Group

Let's Get Ready To Study!

Archived

(edited 6 years ago)
Hi! How do you study music? I love the subject but the only difficulty I have is listening to the
extract and answering which always get be down in my grades.

Any recommendations?? I have got my exam on 25th......:frown:
Original post by nishika20
Hi! How do you study music? I love the subject but the only difficulty I have is listening to the
extract and answering which always get be down in my grades.

Any recommendations?? I have got my exam on 25th......:frown:

Hello! As I didn't study music at GCSE/A level, I'm afraid I can't offer much advice, but from the sound of things you need to try and get as much practice with the extracts as you possibly can, and even get into the habit of picking up on techniques, time signatures, and different instruments when listening to other music. I'm not sure if this applies to what you have to do, but I'm sure there are plenty of resources online that can help you out!

If that's the only area of the exam that you struggle with, and you don't seem to be able to improve it very much, then focus as much as possible on the other aspects that you're good at, because the better you do in the rest of the exam, the less it will matter how you do in the extract bit.

All the best with your exam! Feel free to let me know how you do :smile:
I need more help in the extract part because they are the most important in the whole exam paper consisting of 70 marks and an option between two set works that's 10 marks.... 😔😢

I did search for past papers but they don't have the extracts in the markscheme and I am not finding them on YouTube as well!!!

Thank you once again😁
Original post by nishika20
I need more help in the extract part because they are the most important in the whole exam paper consisting of 70 marks and an option between two set works that's 10 marks.... 😔😢

I did search for past papers but they don't have the extracts in the markscheme and I am not finding them on YouTube as well!!!

Thank you once again😁

Ah I had no idea it was worth so much! Have you asked your teacher about it? Or even get a friend or someone older who is good at the extract questions to help you out - I'm sure someone will be happy to help! :biggrin:
Yes I will have to start my hunting tomorrow😂
Original post by haphazardsoph

Attachment not found

Hello! I'm Sophie, and I'm currently 17 years old, and I'm a little over two months into studying at AS level. It's proving to be more of a challenge than I ever anticipated, and so this blog of sorts should be a good way to help me stay motivated and keep on top of my work. Hopefully, I'll also be able to motivate other students and share some study methods that perhaps you haven't seen before!

My GCSE Grades:
English Language - A*
English Literature - A*
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
Spanish - A*
Technology & Design - A*
Short Course RE - A*
Double Award Science - A*/A
Art - B

What I'm Studying at AS:
Physics
Maths
English Literature

As you can see, I did really well at GCSE, and honestly I was a little shocked to see the grades I had received; I had worked hard, but I didn't think I had worked hard enough. Clearly, and thankfully, I was wrong! However, I know that the same level of effort will not be enough to get me through my A levels.

So, I aim to post here at least once a week if I can, and to share as much about my studying journey as I can.

More About Me:
I love music, and I take singing lessons (currently working towards my Grade 8), as well as being a member of 3 different choirs. 2 of these choirs take place in school, and the other is a youth choir that I attend on Friday evenings.

At school I am also involved in the community group, which means I visit residents of a care home to have a chat with them, and I am part of the mentoring program where I go to a class of first years (year 7, if you're from England, I think) every Tuesday and talk to them and help with any problems they may have. On top of this, I also help tutor a second year class (year 8), which involves going to their science class every Wednesday and helping out by giving the kids some one-on-one help during class.

Finally, there isn't an awful lot that I love more than stationery, and being extremely organised. I live my life through lists, honestly. I am also an avid user of the bullet journal system, which I will likely post more about at a later stage if anyone is interested in that!

Oh, and I should probably mention that I love cats. Like a lot. I have 4 of them, and they will likely feature at some point in this blog <3

Well, here goes nothing! :smile:

LET'S GET READY TO STUDY!

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
YESSSS!!!! Good luck in your A Levels! You got such amazing GCSEs!
Original post by hadiyahxo
YESSSS!!!! Good luck in your A Levels! You got such amazing GCSEs!

Thanks! I'm super happy with my results, and I really hope A levels go even nearly as well :biggrin:
Original post by haphazardsoph
Thanks! I'm super happy with my results, and I really hope A levels go even nearly as well :biggrin:

Good luck with your AS levels, and you're doing physics (always hated it even though I was good at it :colonhash:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending