The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentsixth
I applied to Kings too but mine is on the 6th December so I know ive already lost it! I'll give it my best though!

Congrats on the interview! Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous1502
What volunteer work did you do exactly and how did you get it especially in a clinical research institute?

I'm from a 3rd world country. Things are different here 😅
Original post by studentsixth
Take your UKCAT in the summer and BMAT will be in November.

Honestly 1000+ hours or 20+ hours makes very little difference as it's all about reflection in your PS than quantity so focus on this when you are writing it.

With Oxford you have the GCSEs so it's now down to the BMAT. People say it has some elements of the UKCAT but I don't see it.

This post is from a long time ago
Original post by neuralgal
From reading a couple of freedom of information releases, internationals with a UKCAT as low as about 650 have been interviewed. You may hear back tomorrow!

just hoping but I know its gonna be pure luck
where does it say, though ?
coz i read 690 was the lowest UK cat score last year for international students
Reply 844
when will kcl send more interviews out???? literally they are playing with our patience here. i need to hear back from at least another uni before xmas otherwise I bet I'd be pretty annoyed
Original post by 11...
when will kcl send more interviews out???? literally they are playing with our patience here. i need to hear back from at least another uni before xmas otherwise I bet I'd be pretty annoyed

You're not really helping yourself by checking portal every day and stressing about it lol. We could have to wait until January/February for a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mo_elheramy
Idk about her GCSE equivalent, but she did her AS last month so no AS grades yet, predicted 4A* and ukcat was 740-760. I'm an International student too btw from Egypt :smile:

i am an Egyptian international student too :smile:
Original post by Ahmad Osama
i am an Egyptian international student too :smile:

oh cool what's your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking :smile:
I wonder if any rejections have been sent out yet... :s
If I want to email a university, do I only mention my name and ucas ID or is there something is which I have forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh cool what's your UKCAT score if you don't mind me asking :smile:

2170, yours?
And by the way how did you get medical experience in Egypt, i used my father. do you mind me asking about your grades and subjects?
2170, yours?
And by the way how did you get medical experience in Egypt, i used my father. do you mind me asking about your grades and subjects?

I got 2110, for medical experience I was able to shadow doctors at 57357 in egypt last summer (I don't live there but visit it every summer :smile: ), and a rural hospital in Tanzania, but my main one was at the Norwich and Norfolk University Hospital. I got 4A in my As predicted 4A* (bio chem phy maths) and an A* in Epq wau?

Posted from TSR Mobile
2170, yours?

Also what other unis did you apply to? I personally applied for UCL Queen Mary King's and UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also what other unis did you apply to? I personally applied for UCL Queen Mary King's and UEA
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 3 As in AS and predicted 4A* in Alevel. i am taking bio, chem, math and arabic. i also got 8A* in igcse. i applied to Oxford manchester and hull york medical school. my onl problem is the fees after the £ doubled

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get a king's interview on 28 feb like me
Did you get a king's interview on 28 feb like me

Nah but congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah but congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inshallah you will get 1 too
any european applicants get an interview call yet?
Original post by starmuneer
just hoping but I know its gonna be pure luck
where does it say, though ?
coz i read 690 was the lowest UK cat score last year for international students

Maybe it was higher last year, this stuff was from 2014/2015 entry.
Original post by Johncenaofficial
If I want to email a university, do I only mention my name and ucas ID or is there something is which I have forgotten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just use the portal.

Quick Reply

Latest