C3 is the most boring module I'm doing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeanFM
Is this GCSE? A-level?

Is this a Maths unit? :tongue:

Yes sir
Original post by Serine Soul
At least it's not D1

Hoping for full UMS in C3 (gives a bit of leeway for C4)

C4 is so much easier!
Original post by JigsawFalling
C4 is so much easier!

They're both pretty tough.
Original post by Serine Soul
At least it's not D1

Hoping for full UMS in C3 (gives a bit of leeway for C4)

Hey, I enjoy D1 somehow.

Still, C3 is pretty boring I have to admit, I find it easier than C2
Original post by JigsawFalling
C4 is so much easier!

C4 is equal to C3 in a sense, until you get to vectors and it wants you to find the area of a bloody pentagon

Original post by TercioOfParma
Hey, I enjoy D1 somehow.

Still, C3 is pretty boring I have to admit, I find it easier than C2

You strange being :tongue:

Only messing. Yeah C2 was alright last year and C3 gives me C1 vibes often
Personally M1 is the most boring..
Original post by NoahMal
No way.
Reply 27
I find C3 alright... C4 is worse cuz it contains the horrible vectors:ahhhhh:
But I think D1 is the most boring of all... I don't even consider it as Maths haha
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
No way.

Sorry yeah! I took maths to work with number not read 400 ****ing words on how a *****y particle slides down an include of I don't give a **** degrees....
Original post by NoahMal

Original post by NoahMal
Sorry yeah! I took maths to work with number not read 400 ****ing words on how a *****y particle slides down an include of I don't give a **** degrees....

Agreed. I have to self teach this horrible module, I prefer statistics. Although my opinion isn't the popular one, I don't know anyone else who liked S1.
Is core 4 actually easier than core 3?

We've only done vectors out of core 4, and we did that before we even started core 3 as the people doing further maths in our class needed vectors done early for some reason. Didn't find vectors very hard tbh and I'm pretty sure we finished the chapter but we didn't do any exam questions so idk
Original post by DarkEnergy
Is core 4 actually easier than core 3?

We've only done vectors out of core 4, and we did that before we even started core 3 as the people doing further maths in our class needed vectors done early for some reason. Didn't find vectors very hard tbh and I'm pretty sure we finished the chapter but we didn't do any exam questions so idk

It is shorter, but I would say it's harder because of vectors and Integration, but c4 integration isn't hard once you've practised a hell of a lot, I find vectors difficult though. The first 4 chapters are pretty easy. The FM class had to do it early, probably because theres a vectors chapter in FP3 which requires solid knowledge of the c4 vectors.
Original post by NotNotBatman
It is shorter, but I would say it's harder because of vectors and Integration, but c4 integration isn't hard once you've practised a hell of a lot, I find vectors difficult though. The first 4 chapters are pretty easy. The FM class had to do it early, probably because theres a vectors chapter in FP3 which requires solid knowledge of the c4 vectors.

Alright thank you.
da fuk it takes me about a whole week to learn a module to be confident of A* staring the exam.

some people can just glance at a book for an hour or two and get near full marks?

I thought I was good at maths, am I wasting my time here?
Original post by Luke7456
da fuk it takes me about a whole week to learn a module to be confident of A* staring the exam.

some people can just glance at a book for an hour or two and get near full marks?

No, the vast majority of people can't just glance at the book and get full marks.
Original post by Luke7456

Most people take more than a week, and i doubt anyone can just look at a textbook before and get full marks, unless they already know the content.
Original post by HopelessMedic
Most people take more than a week, and i doubt anyone can just look at a textbook before and get full marks, unless they already know the content.

well when I say a week I mean full time study. Obviously if your doing something like 2 hours a day etc a week is pushing it. I try to push for 40-60 hours a week. I don't always manage that but that is what I call a week for studying.

I really think we all should all turn to hours instead of weeks or months because it causes these confusions.

My bad
Agreed. I have to self teach this horrible module, I prefer statistics. Although my opinion isn't the popular one, I don't know anyone else who liked S1.

My FM class prefer statistics and that's probably why we're not doing FP3 and we're doing S3 instead :smile:

The issue with S1 and S2 is that they are pretty easy and still don't cover a lot of skills and things people want to learn that is why people dislike it. I mean I want to learn how to calculate probabilities for more complex scenarios then these modules allow.

So people think it doesn't go into sufficient detail does not cover enough ground and still leaves much to be desired. Maybe S3 and S4 cover the more difficult useful stuff. However most likely I will probably have to wait to degree level for that or maybe even have to wait to masters:PHD.

Aww well at least it's easy marks which helps for further maths or if needed additional further maths I suppose.

Quick Reply

Latest