The Student Room Group

[15 WEEKS LEFT] 2016-17 Contract: What Are Your A-Level Goals?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roarchika
Last year, @High Stakes' brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

I'm going to do a bunch of copy/pasting/tagging from the old thread now.

The Contract: Once you've entered the list, achieving the grades that you've set yourself becomes the most important priority in your life. You must achieve these grades. There are no 'if's or 'but's. You will achieve these grades. Unfortunately, once you have been entered you cannot withdraw. Remember: this is not about what your teachers have predicted. The grades you submit should be the grades that you want and believe you are capable of achieving, irrespective of what anyone else says.

If you wish to enter, then please make a post tagging me, listing the grades you want to see on your results sheet on the 17th of August 2017.

I'm aiming for A*AA. A* in maths, and 2As in Biology and Chemistry.
Reply 61
Original post by NMcG
Achieving high A/ low A* grades in all 3 subjects so well on track 💃💃 what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice!! I'm on target in Latin, History, and Japanese (got an A* on my history coursework!!) but I'm having trouble with the multiple choice questions in Economics, of all things! >-<

Original post by wajeeh1364
I'm aiming for A*AA. A* in maths, and 2As in Biology and Chemistry.

Done!
Last year, @High Stakes' brilliant "What are your goals for A Levels? Do not fail your contract." thread motivated a lot of us, and held us accountable to our actions. Hopefully this year's will do the same! The thread is open to both years 12 and 13.

I'm going to do a bunch of copy/pasting/tagging from the old thread now.

The Contract: Once you've entered the list, achieving the grades that you've set yourself becomes the most important priority in your life. You must achieve these grades. There are no 'if's or 'but's. You will achieve these grades. Unfortunately, once you have been entered you cannot withdraw. Remember: this is not about what your teachers have predicted. The grades you submit should be the grades that you want and believe you are capable of achieving, irrespective of what anyone else says.

If you wish to enter, then please make a post tagging me, listing the grades you want to see on your results sheet on the 17th of August 2017.

This thread operates under the assumption that AS exams start on May 15th, 2017, but please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Signatories:
@roarchika: A*A*A*A*
@Toasticide: ABBC
@Jkoo22: A*A*A
@samantham999: A*AA + distinction
@Muttski: AAB
@gomc: A*A*A
@ImagineCats: ABB
@Hanaan999: A*A*A*
@Original_Chunky: A*A*B
@t.thompson22: A*AB
@dididid: A*A*A + 1,2 in STEP
@mathcon: A*A*A*A*
@CoolCavy: A*A*A
@asmuse123: A + D*
@jamestg: A*AA
@lemonandlime1: AAB
@AngelinAugustine: A*A*A*A*
@Kozmo: A*A*A*
@citibankrec: A*AA
@dragonzrmetal: A*A*A*A*A* + 1,1 in STEP + BMO1 qualification
@NMcG: A*AA
@JaredzzC: A*BB
@GamingandMaths: A*AB
@TheRealLifeBane: AABB
@MrsSheldonCooper: AB
@Gogregg: A*A*A (+ min. BB in GS/EPQ)
@Crammyandcrabby: AAA
@AfcFob: A*A*AB
@hellomynameisr: A*A*A*A
@rayestar: AAAAB
@Lauren-x-: A*A*AA
@7swi1911: AD*D*
@meowgoesthedog: A*A*A*A + 1, 1 in STEP
@ithinkitslily: AA
@xs4: A*A*D* + 1 in STEP + Gold in UKSMC
@jazz_xox_: AAA
@manlike99: A*A*A*
@ozmo19: A*A*A*A*
@PavB: A*AA
@Datalwo: A*AA
@Obiejess: A*A*A
@DarkEnergy: A*A*A*
@IRoranth: A*A*A
@Michael_Fishy: A*A*A*A + 33 in LNAT
@Ahad27: AAA
@wajeeh1364: A*AA

While i'm scared of commitment I need to to do this . AS Aspirational grades - ABBB in Psychology , Economics , Biology and Chemistry.
Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Chiara27
While i'm scared of commitment I need to to do this . AS Aspirational grades - ABBB in Psychology , Economics , Biology and Chemistry.
Good luck everyone :smile:

You're on the list!
Reply 64
25 weeks left fight me (or please don't. i'm tired.)
25 weeks left fight me (or please don't. i'm tired.)

:fight:

Spoiler

Reply 66
@roarchika hey, I'm Sabah and I'm aiming for an A*AB in Maths, Physics, English Literature- thanks for the thread! :P
Hi I'm Habz! I study A Level Maths, Biology and Chemistry (what a rushhhh) I want A*A*A Here's to hard work/ efficiency!
Reply 68
AAABB (one of the A's are in EPQ).
Reply 69
Original post by Aklaol

Original post by Glencocoisloco

Original post by sabruh

You're all on the list - best of luck and go get those grades!!

Original post by Gogregg
:fight:

Spoiler

Talk about getting stabbed in the...chin?

Heyyyy, well done on being so productive! I've managed to pick myself up from my slump (finally), so I'm back in the game too! Let's do this!
Hi! For my AS exams (exams I'm doing this year) I need to get AAA in order to apply to my dream uni.
For year 13 exams I want to get a minimum of A*AA, but my goal is A*A*A
so basically: AAA in AS and A*AA/A*A*A in A2

Good luck everyone!
Reply 71
At least A*A*Aa for me but I'm sure my teachers would say I'm being too ambitious. :s-smilie:
Reply 72
Original post by bboonnieee
Hi! For my AS exams (exams I'm doing this year) I need to get AAA in order to apply to my dream uni.
For year 13 exams I want to get a minimum of A*AA, but my goal is A*A*A
so basically: AAA in AS and A*AA/A*A*A in A2

Good luck everyone!

You're on the list; do your best!

Original post by Oragon
At least A*A*Aa for me but I'm sure my teachers would say I'm being too ambitious. :s-smilie:

You're on the list for A*A*AA - I could not care less about what your teachers think, as long as these are grades you know you can work for and achieve. Don't let your teachers be the ones to hold you back, 'kay? Work hard and get those grades!
Here i go!
Its gonna look like a lot of A levels but i dropped a year in 6th form, repeating year 12 and therfore already have one A level But im going to add that here anyway

AABBC

Now make me work! :biggrin:

BEST OF LUCK GUYS! :biggrin: Let go succeed!
Reply 74
@roarchika . I excelled in the UKSMC & qualified for BMO1 :colone:.
Reply 75
Original post by Samonia
Here i go!
Its gonna look like a lot of A levels but i dropped a year in 6th form, repeating year 12 and therfore already have one A level But im going to add that here anyway

AABBC

Now make me work! :biggrin:

BEST OF LUCK GUYS! :biggrin: Let go succeed!

Sorry for the delay - you're on the list! Work hard and work smart!

Original post by xs4
@roarchika . I excelled in the UKSMC & qualified for BMO1 :colone:.

yAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!! That's absolutely amazing - congratulations!!!! <3
@roarchika In for A*A*A please ^^
What exam board does this thread belong to? I mean what exam board does your exams belong to @roarchika?
im in year 13 doing maths chemistry and biology. my goal is AA*A* respectively.... hopefully :cry2:
i do international edexcel so i've got two unit 4 (chem and bio) exams in a MONTHHHHH :afraid:
Reply 79
Original post by M0nkey Thunder
@roarchika In for A*A*A please ^^

Original post by pondsteps
im in year 13 doing maths chemistry and biology. my goal is AA*A* respectively.... hopefully :cry2:
i do international edexcel so i've got two unit 4 (chem and bio) exams in a MONTHHHHH :afraid:

You've both been added - @pondsteps best of luck for your exams next month!! I am both jealous that you get to sit them in two sessions but also so very, very not.

Original post by Reshyna
What exam board does this thread belong to? I mean what exam board does your exams belong to @roarchika?

We're a non-discriminatory thread when it comes to exam boards~! I, personally, am sitting OCR Latin and History, Edexcel Japanese, and AQA Economics, so I'm really hopping around - which unfortunately means some rather nasty exam clashes :frown:

Quick Reply