The Student Room Group

Alevels needed for medicine

If I want to apply for medicine would taking biology, chemistry, English literature and art be okay? And my art teacher keeps telling me taking art will look unique as it is non academic do you agree? It's been confusing me as to whether I should take art or not
They're fine. I study chemistry, biology, english literature and spanish. Ucl would love ur combination.
Original post by Humaira.a
If I want to apply for medicine would taking biology, chemistry, English literature and art be okay? And my art teacher keeps telling me taking art will look unique as it is non academic do you agree? It's been confusing me as to whether I should take art or not

yeah you've got your chem and bio. Physics/maths might me closer related subjects.

I am a current medicine applicant and from my research into medical schools you should be fine with those subjects as long as you have chemistry and Biology
Now what may help with the BMAT test is another matter - only 7 UK universities use BMAT so it's not that important
But the BMAT included some Maths and Physics and if you have done to AS level you have a clear advantage but not essential
Reply 4
Yep I've heard haha thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Maths is one of my biggest concerns😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Maths is one of my biggest concerns😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I've been in ur shoes. The whole summer holidays I've been debating whether I should take maths or not. But I thought, the maths thing is a lie. Medicine isnt heavily maths based. Plus I aint studying something I hate-I would just fail.
Reply 8
Original post by geniequeen48
Lol I've been in ur shoes. The whole summer holidays I've been debating whether I should take maths or not. But I thought, the maths thing is a lie. Medicine isnt heavily maths based. Plus I aint studying something I hate-I would just fail.

Yep since I'm finding it difficult for GCSEs and A levels is 10 times harder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest