The Student Room Group

Pokemon sun and moon announced!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melinae
Oohh glad to hear it. Usually hate the "token bird" of each Gen but he's looking different for once! I heard they've nerfed Talonflame though? Still waiting for it to come out and gonna have zero time over the next few weeks to play it. =.=;

Bit sad that Moon doesn't get Vulpix though, gotta be the coolest looking "remake" going.

Yeah talonflames gale wing will only work at max hp now.
Original post by Vikingninja
Fair does, the guy RQ because my vikavolt tanked 2 hits to 1 hp. If I'm swapping anything it'll probably be minior since that still requires a bit of setup and can be 1 hit by a lot. Tapu koko is pretty mediocre since its move pool isn't good for its stats (only electric physical attacks are spark and wild charge).
Doesn't need physical moves; Thunder(bolt), Volt Switch, Dazzling Gleam and HP Fire, when coupled with Electric Terrain, make it pretty strong. I've even seen it 2HKO Aegislash with Thunder before.
What time do they get released in the UK? 00:00?
Original post by Dodgypirate
What time do they get released in the UK? 00:00?
eShop will likely be midnight, possibly 9am or something. Shops will be whenever they open. I've ordered mine though, so I'm hoping it will come in the morning post :smile:
Original post by JRKinder
eShop will likely be midnight

I'm hoping it will come in the morning post :smile:

I was handed a £50 eshop card a few months ago and have been saving it for this game... hope I'll be able to play it come midnight, I can't wait :smile:

You getting sun or moon?
Original post by Dodgypirate
I was handed a £50 eshop card a few months ago and have been saving it for this game... hope I'll be able to play it come midnight, I can't wait :smile:

You getting sun or moon?
Good thing to save it for! Does it work at this time? Can't wait either!

I'm getting Sun, what about you?
Doesn't need physical moves; Thunder(bolt), Volt Switch, Dazzling Gleam and HP Fire, when coupled with Electric Terrain, make it pretty strong. I've even seen it 2HKO Aegislash with Thunder before.

Fair does, with its terrain just compared to most other sp atk electrics and it outdoes them. Current team is: araquanid (keeping this thing, my game maker), vikavolt, mudsdale, salazzle, porygon z with z-conversion and toucannon (counters so many physical sweepers).
Original post by Vikingninja
Fair does, with its terrain just compared to most other sp atk electrics and it outdoes them. Current team is: araquanid (keeping this thing, my game maker), vikavolt, mudsdale, salazzle, porygon z with z-conversion and toucannon (counters so many physical sweepers).
Once the metagame has settled down a bit, we'll have to have a battle! I haven't actually played anything on Showdown yet as I'm waiting to play the game first, but I'll have to get a bit of practise over the weekend! Complete Zygarde got banned today btw.
My game has arrived!!
Once the metagame has settled down a bit, we'll have to have a battle! I haven't actually played anything on Showdown yet as I'm waiting to play the game first, but I'll have to get a bit of practise over the weekend! Complete Zygarde got banned today btw.

Current team atm:

Toucannon
Araquanid
Turtonator
Palossan
Tsareena (biggest troll match just now, idiot against me used accelrock and could've killed my tsareena with a normal move since he was faster and I had 5% hp and then a decideuye using sucker punch... both moves failed because of my ability and he RQ after getting wiped)
Alolan golem
(edited 7 years ago)
Why cant they release on PC?
can't find any good emulators for 3DS
Is it me or is there WAY too much dialogue in this game?
Current team:

Incineroar
Raichu
Ribombee
Mareanie
Sandygast
Haunter (will switch to Lucario if I can get my hands on a Riolu).

If anyone wants to evolve-trade some pokémon let me know :smile:
Original post by Mr Smurf
Is it me or is there WAY too much dialogue in this game?
Yeah I agree, there's even more of a story focus than BW. And some of the 'side quests' (as much as you can call them that), like finding 8 Stuful slow the game down too. I'm enjoying it so far, but it needs a bit of work on pacing.

-----

My team thus far is:

- Primarina
- Mudsdale
- Lycanroc (Day)
- Salazzle
- Haunter
- Charjabug (can't evolve yet)

All are level 37/38, just about to start the ghost trial.
My planned multiplayer team:
Golem
Golem
Golem
Golem
Golem
Mega metagross
Pokemon gonna get banned for being not PC enough Imo. They already had the Jynx controversy, now this might happen. In case you didn't know what Bruxish stands for...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by hello_shawn
Pokemon gonna get banned for being not PC enough Imo. They already had the Jynx controversy, now this might happen. In case you didn't know what Bruxish stands for...

Did you really bump a one year old thread about pokemon just to whine about lefties, using a controversy that was brought up and resolved 18 years ago?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by hello_shawn

Bruxish is a pretty good competitive pokemon unlike jynx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest