The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Unconditional Offers

Surprisingly, I have just had an unconditional offer for Theology. Has anyone else had one too ? (any subject). I am currently in my A2 year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Yep, I've had one for law. I'm in A2 as well...
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Well done ! What did you do to get an unconditional offer for Law ? Mine is for Theology so not a great demand to study that ☺️ Law must be a toughie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luna1602
Well done ! What did you do to get an unconditional offer for Law ? Mine is for Theology so not a great demand to study that ☺️ Law must be a toughie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! Honestly, I don't really know why I got one...my predicted grades were one grade above what they were asking for and my PS was pretty good, however, my AS grades were ABBC, so quite poor compared to other people...but I'm not complaining!!
Reply 4
Will you take it, do you think ? It's very tempting not to have to worry too much about results 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luna1602
Will you take it, do you think ? It's very tempting not to have to worry too much about results 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I probably will, it will be a lot less stress during exam times, and it means that I can actually enjoy my summer for once, and not worry about results day!! Plus, Birmingham is still a really good uni. What about you?
Reply 6
I think so too, im waiting on some interviews and assessment tests but Birmingham is looking more and more attractive now ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmaann24

That's great! What were your GCSE grades like?
Original post by ayoolabada
That's great! What were your GCSE grades like?

3A*s, 6As and 3Bs... although I went to a pretty bad secondary school, so those results contextually are quite good.
Reply 9
I've had one for Economics!
Original post by AYK21
I've had one for Economics!

What were your AS grades and predicted grades? And how long did it take for you to get the offer after applying?
Reply 11
Original post by amolak1999
What were your AS grades and predicted grades? And how long did it take for you to get the offer after applying?

I applied just over a week ago and I got ABBB in my ASs and predicted A*A*A.
Original post by emmaann24

Was that just the standard Law LLB of one of the other LLB courses?
Also, when did you apply and when did you get an offer?

Thank you
That was for standard law, and I applied at the end of September and I heard back on 11/10
Reply 14
I have an unconditional from Bham for BA Geography x
Congratulations guys! Are you going to firm Birmingham?

Got one too (if firmed) for English and Creative Writing.
Hi guys, I got an unconditional to study english & history but I'm still heavily considering uni of Manchester (got a conditional), is anyone else applying to Manchester?
Original post by blackrosedrop
Congratulations guys! Are you going to firm Birmingham?

Got one too (if firmed) for English and Creative Writing.

Do you mind if I ask what you got at AS, predicted grades and at GCSE? I've applied for the same course at Birmingham, it is my dream course! I don't think I'll get an unconditional; my GCSE's were predominantly B's with a a few A's and A*'s in English and RE, but I only got BCC at AS. I'm predicted AAA though.. :/ Hopefully I'll get a conditional
Original post by polinaanastasia
Hi guys, I got an unconditional to study english & history but I'm still heavily considering uni of Manchester (got a conditional), is anyone else applying to Manchester?

Same here! I've got conditional from Manc and unconditional from brum for history and politics, am definitely going to go for Birmingham though, it's higher on league tables, super high for graduate prospects and is genuinely on the up compared to Manchester
Original post by annamarshall2727
Same here! I've got conditional from Manc and unconditional from brum for history and politics, am definitely going to go for Birmingham though, it's higher on league tables, super high for graduate prospects and is genuinely on the up compared to Manchester

What AS grades and GCSE's did you get if you don't mind my asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending