The Student Room Group

Bank of England Graduate Development Program 2016/17

Anyone else applied?

Scroll to see replies

I applied for post graduate internship. I have completed online application and situation judgement test so far. Waiting for a response if I have made it to the next stage
Reply 2
I applied over a month ago but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone been invited to the next stage?
Original post by Fumi
I applied over a month ago but haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone been invited to the next stage?

I found out I was unsuccessful yesterday!
Reply 4
I just got asked to do some sort of analytical test, anyone know what this is?
Applied for the summer internship and been told I have been successful in SJT and will now be send a test (gold test)/analytical test by proversity. Trying to find out a bit more about it online
Applied for the Graduate Development Programme and I've also been invited to complete a Gold Test (Analytical exercise) by Proversity. Anyone have any idea what the test is like?
Reply 7
Original post by whyamianadult
I found out I was unsuccessful yesterday!

Aw I'm sorry to hear. I'm not particularly great with SJT's so I was a little surprised to see that I have been invited to complete the next stage. Good luck with your other applications!

I have briefly looked online and upon registering it says there are 4 modules, two are assessed and each module will have a scenario with 15 MC questions to assess our analytical and reasoning skills? However I don't know exactly what this means...
Reply 8
I'm also applying for the post-graduate internship and also got the invitation to the analytical test today.
If anybody takes the analytical gold test (not sure if that's the name, or different tests are given o different streams) and has any info about what it involves that would be great.
Reply 10
The golden tests gives you a situation, various information, which you will have to use to answer multiple choice questions. Quite interesting and not that complicated (at least for generalist stream). I suggest you just sit down and do it, it is not timed.
What a nightmare! Definitely not reaching the final stage, got loads wrong! Good luck to others in the process
Original post by neal95
What a nightmare! Definitely not reaching the final stage, got loads wrong! Good luck to others in the process

Don't feel too bad, I've just done the tests too and also had an absolute nightmare! Some of them were ridiculous and I'm not sure how you would possibly know the answer without knowing their internal policy (i.e. the welfare bit). Pretty bizarre scenario and pretty disappointing way to go out too.

Good luck to others!
Original post by Historicity
Don't feel too bad, I've just done the tests too and also had an absolute nightmare! Some of them were ridiculous and I'm not sure how you would possibly know the answer without knowing their internal policy (i.e. the welfare bit). Pretty bizarre scenario and pretty disappointing way to go out too.

Good luck to others!

im still waiting for the SDIP from civil service and managed to get through to next round of lloyds of london so wouldnt be the end of the world for me but yeah i definitely think it was OTT that test!!
I know someone mentioned this, but double-checking: is the Analytical test timed/ time-recorded?
Reply 15
Original post by Telley95
I know someone mentioned this, but double-checking: is the Analytical test timed/ time-recorded?

I did the test earlier and it is not timed so no need to rush through the questions. The test is quite different from standard psychometric tests and I recommend at least an hour to complete the whole thing :smile:
Original post by Fumi
I did the test earlier and it is not timed so no need to rush through the questions. The test is quite different from standard psychometric tests and I recommend at least an hour to complete the whole thing :smile:

Thank you! Do you think its harder than other tests or about the same difficulty?
Reply 17
Anyone heard back following their Gold analytical test yet?
Reply 18
Original post by Telley95
Thank you! Do you think its harder than other tests or about the same difficulty?

It's hard in that they give you a lot of information and most questions have a lot of options to choose. You need to pay attention to certain details and think about how to solve the main problem. I recommend you take advantage of the lack of time limit and carefully consider what the answers are. Good luck!

Original post by amys123
Anyone heard back following their Gold analytical test yet?

I believe we will get an outcome next week?
Reply 19
I was told to do the test but never received a link from proversity -any one else with this problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending