The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CBergendahl
I so agree! It just wasn't for me :smile: and when I went to visit it just felt so right too (except for maybe a twinge of island syndrome hahaha). Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

A*A*A, probably below average for Cambridge applicants but when contextualised (my 6th form is really really bad) they're pretty good.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
It's definitely my first choice; I went on an open day the area is amazing, it's cold but worth it for a top class education!
Original post by lotusflower99
October 20th- any idea when they will make decisions?

Apparently they get a lot of applications for IR so it may be a while. I applied on 17th October for German and International Relations. Hopefully it's soon but apparently it can be a late as March (which is what my HE advisor said)
I so agree! It just wasn't for me :smile: and when I went to visit it just felt so right too (except for maybe a twinge of island syndrome hahaha). Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

I'm the same, teachers tried to make me apply for Oxbridge but it's 100% not where I wanna be for undergrad. St Andrews is probs second or third choice for me, but regardless it's such a nice place. I went there with quite a closed mind about it but came back loving it. I don't think it's possible not to fall in love with it :wink:.
[QUOTE=rolaah;68714542]I'm the same, teachers tried to make me apply for Oxbridge but it's 100% not where I wanna be for undergrad. St Andrews is probs second or third choice for me, but regardless it's such a nice place. I went there with quite a closed mind about it but came back loving it. I don't think it's possible not to fall in love with it :wink:.

I've heard so many people who just continue to love it more and more as time passes!😍 what's your 1st/2nd choice?
I've heard so many people who just continue to love it more and more as time passes!😍 what's your 1st/2nd choice?

LSE and UCL. Ngl I rly like London as a student city which is rare lol. Also applying to Edinburgh and have got my offer from King's. Hbu?
[QUOTE=rolaah;68714666]LSE and UCL. Ngl I rly like London as a student city which is rare lol. Also applying to Edinburgh and have got my offer from King's. Hbu?

Since I've lived in London for over a decade I'm super intrigued by Scotland for uni, so my top choices are St. Andrews and Edinburgh. I also applied to Bath and have an offer from King's too :smile:
Since I've lived in London for over a decade I'm super intrigued by Scotland for uni, so my top choices are St. Andrews and Edinburgh. I also applied to Bath and have an offer from King's too :smile:

Wait you alr have an offer from Kings? Congrats :smile: hoping St A's will come soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Wait you alr have an offer from Kings? Congrats :smile: hoping St A's will come soon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :biggrin: yes I really, really hope so too
Hey, does anyone else with offers still not have that booklet they said they were going to post? What's happening with that?
Neither have I recieved it yet. That email left me so confused!

I emailed admissions and the guy said that there is often a delay in the sending of the letter, but I should get it within the week. I got my offer on the 14th I think so probably within 2 weeks ish?
Original post by tyunnos
Neither have I recieved it yet. That email left me so confused!

I emailed admissions and the guy said that there is often a delay in the sending of the letter, but I should get it within the week. I got my offer on the 14th I think so probably within 2 weeks ish?

Yeah, I got mine at the same time. I know, the email was so muddled. It said the was a copy of all the information on the portal as well, but there isn't much up there.
Oh yeah that's a point too! At the time, I hadn't recieved instruction to set up portal so was even more confused

:confused:

Maybe we should try and be more patient :biggrin: Although I want to just read stuff to try and get excited to motivate myself haha.:colondollar:
Original post by tyunnos
Oh yeah that's a point too! At the time, I hadn't recieved instruction to set up portal so was even more confused

:confused:

Maybe we should try and be more patient :biggrin: Although I want to just read stuff to try and get excited to motivate myself haha.:colondollar:

Yeah me too. I still need to actually go to an open day - I applied blind.
Same! I'll have to go up in March.. it's almost 10 hours by train
Original post by tyunnos
Same! I'll have to go up in March.. it's almost 10 hours by train

Same here. I might go by plane though - flights are far cheaper than train tickets. Which will be fun, as I'm afraid of flying, but oh well.
I'm also applying for International Relations, but I'm from Germany. The entry requirement for Germans is an Abitur of 1.1 or 1.2 (1.0 is the best possible grade in Germany) and I'm predicted to get 1.1. Do you think that I have a chance to get in? Because I'm obviously an EU applicant so I wouldn't pay fees and reading about all your grades (A*A*A or even better) and extra curriculars makes me feel as if it is extremely unlikely for me to get in ...
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
I'm also applying for International Relations, but I'm from Germany. The entry requirement for Germans is an Abitur of 1.1 or 1.2 (1.0 is the best possible grade in Germany) and I'm predicted to get 1.1. Do you think that I have a chance to get in? Because I'm obviously an EU applicant so I wouldn't pay fees and reading about all your grades (A*A*A or even better) and extra curriculars makes me feel as if it is extremely unlikely for me to get in ...

I think you'd definitely have a shot. Plus, isn't 1.1 really tough to get? I don't know too much about the German system, but I know consistently getting 1s in all your subjects is supposed to be hard. And I don't really think they care about extra-curriculars as much as everyone thinks they do. The more academic the uni, the less that matters.
(edited 7 years ago)
That's also true for me! My family are trying to put me off as its so awkward to get to.
Original post by tyunnos
That's also true for me! My family are trying to put me off as its so awkward to get to.

Mine too. I wish I weren't afraid of flying, it would be far easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending