The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _izzy_
No clue about GCSEs, sorry! Although I know they had low UKCATs.

Dyou know roughly how low and when they got rejections? im currently waiting for mine :smile:)
Original post by allhelpneeded
I received an interview invitation (A100) on the 15th Nov'.

What's your UKCAT?
Have any graduates applying for A102 got any replies yet? I got 2150 for my UKCAT (717 average) and a 2:1 in biochem and i'm freaking out that this isn't good enough!! I suppose at this point no news is good news
Original post by Kchalk01
Have any graduates applying for A102 got any replies yet? I got 2150 for my UKCAT (717 average) and a 2:1 in biochem and i'm freaking out that this isn't good enough!! I suppose at this point no news is good news

I am too. Slightly lower UKCAT but haven't heard anything either. Maybe graduates hear later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hormonal
What's your UKCAT?

745, Band 1
745, Band 1

:frown: They must use the SJT to rank as well then? 750 Band 2 here no interview
Original post by AmaduM
I am too. Slightly lower UKCAT but haven't heard anything either. Maybe graduates hear later?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Grads definitely hear back later. I have a 2.2 and masters with a 690 UKCAT and I haven't been rejected yet, so I reckon nobody has heard yet!
:frown: They must use the SJT to rank as well then? 750 Band 2 here no interview
I am not sure how they rank, have you checked your portal as there is a slight delay between messages and notifying you via email- keep looking, don't worry. What are the rest of your stats like?
I don't think SJT is used in ranking - I got an A100 interview with a Band 2 and people have gotten offers in the past with Bands 3 and 4.
Hello,

Did everyone receive a confirmation email direct from Kings with a portal log in? :s
[QUOTE="allhelpneeded;68726472"]
I am not sure how they rank, have you checked your portal as there is a slight delay between messages and notifying you via email- keep looking, don't worry. What are the rest of your stats like?

I doubt Bands would be used in rankings. Ranking an applicant would be done by PS/Reference/GCSEs/UKCAT predominantly id have thought
Reply 911
Original post by Kchalk01

Original post by AmaduM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi fellow graduates, I made an A102 thread the other day to make it easier to see A102 related updates :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4424452

And no, I also haven't heard anything yet :frown:
Original post by Fzandrews
Hello,

Did everyone receive a confirmation email direct from Kings with a portal log in? :s

Hey yeah, everyone should have but there was a slight delay for some due to network problems on their side. I think contacting them sorted those that didn't receive the confirmation/portal login.
[QUOTE="allhelpneeded;68726472"]

What were your GCSEs?
Original post by Pewpewpizza
I emailed the admissions for kings, and they said GCSE's don't matter so long you already take the subject at a higher level. I myself do not have GCSE's or any equivalent but I take all the required subjects in IB and the admissions said it would not hinder my application

GCSEs are an important factor for all UK applicants. These can easily be set-off by a good UKCAT. Their policy states that IB can be used in place of GCSEs.
[QUOTE="rohit5148;68727430"]

What were your GCSEs?

10 A*
Has anyone else's 6 weeks deadline passed yet? Today is 6 weeks since submitting my application on the 14th.
Original post by MCMXCVIII
Has anyone else's 6 weeks deadline passed yet? Today is 6 weeks since submitting my application on the 14th.

I submitted on October 4th so it's 7 weeks for me. Is there a "deadline" of some sort relating to when we should be hearing from universities because I am not aware of this?

Thanks.
Original post by mj1dan2014
I submitted on October 4th so it's 7 weeks for me. Is there a "deadline" of some sort relating to when we should be hearing from universities because I am not aware of this?

Thanks.

They said in the acknowledgment email that we should hear back in 6 weeks but don't think that applies to Medicine anymore 😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MCMXCVIII

I remember it said something like it could be around 6 weeks or more if medicine and dentistry etc, I don't think they stick to it as it's been almost 8 weeks since I sent mine :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending