The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've got a start date for 12th December in Croydon
Original post by El_Rey
I've got a start date for 12th December in Croydon

When did you get your formal offer?
Original post by Me so...?
I emailed chasing for a start date earlier this week and got the following response:

"Unfortunately this campaign is taking longer than anticipated. As soon as we are in a position to progress we will contact you to arrange a start date."

Absolute joke! I'm getting extremely impatient with the whole thing now!

Checks for 1320/16 were meant to be completed within 20 days...not 2 months! You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to release it's taking longer than anticipated...they just need to get it sorted!

The evidence for your pre-employment checks are in danger of expiring. You may need to re-complete your checks soon
Reply 2723
Original post by Jamz115
The evidence for your pre-employment checks are in danger of expiring. You may need to re-complete your checks soon

I don't think date of docs matters if the checks are already completed Jamz. It's only for them to start the criminal record checks they need documents from within the last 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NMP16
I don't think date of docs matters if the checks are already completed Jamz. It's only for them to start the criminal record checks they need documents from within the last 3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd hope so, because otherwise myself and many, many others will be back to square one very soon.
Original post by NMP16

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're right. Once checks are completed that's it done.
Original post by HammerThyme
You're right. Once checks are completed that's it done.

I wouldn't be so sure. The new Data Accuracy Act will require these things to be up to date
Original post by Jamz115
I wouldn't be so sure. The new Data Accuracy Act will require these things to be up to date

Erm, there's no such Act.

Maybe you are confusing this with the Data Protection Act? Even so, there's still nothing to worry about regarding the employment checks.

If it was an issue then any internal employees would have been security-checked in this competition - but they weren't (except for memoryfish but he just seemed to have all the bad luck!)
Anyone starting Belfast 12th december?
Original post by Jamz115

There is no such thing, why stress people out even further?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Twinpeaks
There is no such thing, why stress people out even further?

I agree. Don't make stuff up. This is depressing enough.

Just waiting on a formal offer for Belfast / Lisburn. Pre employment checks complete and I deferred from the 12th December start date.
Original post by DeltaGuy
I agree. Don't make stuff up. This is depressing enough.

Just waiting on a formal offer for Belfast / Lisburn. Pre employment checks complete and I deferred from the 12th December start date.

When were you contacted about a start date of 12th?

My checks were only completed last week and heard nothing since
Original post by TraineeAcc
Anyone starting Belfast 12th december?

Do you know if many are starting then? And are they from 1320/16?
I was contacted 3 weeks ago. Roughly. Yes from 1330/16
When were you contacted about a start date of 12th?

My checks were only completed last week and heard nothing since
My checks completed last week too and I am now waiting for Nottingham start date...I think. Or Birmingham. They haven't told me which site I am being offered...quelle surprise!
Original post by simplymekaty
My checks completed last week too and I am now waiting for Nottingham start date...I think. Or Birmingham. They haven't told me which site I am being offered...quelle surprise!

Awk come on... you have to have a laugh about it 😂 It's so farcical, I did hear though no more Formal offers before February due to efficiency assessments
Original post by Jamz115
Awk come on... you have to have a laugh about it 😂 It's so farcical, I did hear though no more Formal offers before February due to efficiency assessments

Who are you getting your information from? You'll have to excuse me if my sense of humour is now lacking...
Reply 2737
Original post by Jamz115

Jamz you are full of sh1t. Always something negative to say to wind people up. Why bother making stuff up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamz115

Efficiency assessments?! You really are full of **** ...as has been pointed out before. You just seem to posting whatever you think will cause panic and stress for your own petty amusement!
Efficiency assessments?! You really are full of **** ...as has been pointed out before. You just seem to posting whatever you think will cause panic and stress for your own petty amusement!

Couldn't agree more

Latest

Trending

Trending