The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jonnyss
I got 8A* 4A and 2A* 2A predictions. Is this good enough as an international?

How much do academics (especially predicted AS in comparison to achieved GCSEs) weigh, doesn't BMAT also have a large influence?

Original post by xtremespec
I'm not quite sure how Imperial's application system works (I'll be applying here this year as well) but judging by successful applicants in the past, I think the BMAT is the most important aspect here, since applicants are rejected without interview if they don't meet the cutoff, regardless of how stellar the rest of their applications are. Also, the fact that you're an international applicant will not disadvantage you against other applicants in any way.Your academics seem more than enough to get you an interview.

for international applicant, bmat is key and is almost everything. most of the international applicants have good academic stats anyway... it is the bmat that differentiate good candidates from the rest of the cohort
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
How much do you need to revise BMAT to get above 5 in section 1 and 2?
****s ridiculous im forgetting medicine frim now on
Original post by koolgurl14
How much do you need to revise BMAT to get above 5 in section 1 and 2?

quite some work

Original post by Jkoo22
****s ridiculous im forgetting medicine frim now on

why
GCSEs: 6A*s and 4As enough?

Currently doing AS levels and looking for experience.

Volunteering/Extra Curricular:
St Johns Ambulance
Maths Tutoring
Volunteering at a speech and language therapy centre
Charity Week London
Peer mentor
Literacy coordinator (2012-14)
Younger interpreter at school (2013-2014)
Prefect (2014-2015)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, does anyone know if imperial look at the rest of your application after your interview? Or do they give offers based on interview performance alone?
Reply 2286
Has anybody received the welcome mail from Imperial? I got the welcome mail from the other three choices I'd mentioned in my UCAS application. Is something wrong??
Reply 2287
Original post by xtremespec
Hey guys, does anyone know if imperial look at the rest of your application after your interview? Or do they give offers based on interview performance alone?

I feel they go through the whole application before letting the pupil in. I'm not very sure too.
Hello! Has anyone heard from imperial about interviews?
Reply 2289
Why hasn't anything been sent yet :| they said they'd start sending invites/rejections from the 4th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2290
Realized this is for 2015 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poppy4
Congratulation! May I know your stats please?

do they ask for gcse results at uni
Did anyone get an offer who had an interview In March? Do you think my chances of getting an offer after interview are lower because my interview is 1st of March?
Original post by igor_karkaroff
2.00pm! :smile: Add me up on twitter, I'll private mssg you my username. We might become classmates :wink:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
If you meet the cut off for band 1 in sections 1 and 2, but narrowly miss it on section 3, will you be in band 2 or band 1? Seems a bit unfair to use band 2 if you met criteria in 2 sections...
Original post by Uni12345678
If you meet the cut off for band 1 in sections 1 and 2, but narrowly miss it on section 3, will you be in band 2 or band 1? Seems a bit unfair to use band 2 if you met criteria in 2 sections...

Band 2
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Band 2

Hmm ok I got 5.6, 6, 3A.... fingers crossed they suddenly decide to make the section 3 cut off lower this year :smile:
Original post by Uni12345678
Hmm ok I got 5.6, 6, 3A.... fingers crossed they suddenly decide to make the section 3 cut off lower this year :smile:

The odds of getting an interview from band 1 or 2 are comparable. If you get rejected (after interview), it's unlikely it would be due to your band
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
The odds of getting an interview from band 1 or 2 are comparable. If you get rejected (after interview), it's unlikely it would be due to your band

Ah ok, just realised I've posted this on the 2015 thread instead of 2017 haha
Hey! I'm a Malaysian who is keen on applying to Imperial College School of Medicine for 2017 entry! May I know your stats (BMAT especially)? And How was the interview? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending