The Student Room Group

Is money everything

Does money buy happiness

Scroll to see replies

No it rents it
money buys you freedom.
Rich is the person who’s happiness requires no money.
Well, you do need money to survive etc but its definitely not the end to happiness.
Reply 5
Original post by struggler07
Does money buy happiness

it's just a figment of your imagination!
True
Original post by Angry Bird
money buys you freedom.
You could buy a £40k car and be happy everyday
Original post by Blackstarr
Well, you do need money to survive etc but its definitely not the end to happiness.
Makes sense
Original post by Kantth1
Rich is the person who’s happiness requires no money.
I think it has become less of a true statement in todays society. Today so many people are shallow and how they are perceived by others. Therefore having more money allows people to live up to these expectations, therefore giving them 'happiness'.
Everything consists of many things. One of these things is money. But there are many other things which make up everything.

I have never been able to buy happiness with money. Is happiness sold?
It depends on what happiness is to you.

Having a super car and being able to drive it everyday without having to care about costs would bring me happiness but that would cost a ton of cash meanwhile for others being around their family at Christmas would bring them happiness however you can't buy that.
Yeah what if you bought a nice £400 jacket and you proper love it
Original post by Kravence
It depends on what happiness is to you.

Having a super car and being able to drive it everyday without having to care about costs would bring me happiness but that would cost a ton of cash meanwhile for others being around their family at Christmas would bring them happiness however you can't buy that.
true what if your anti and hate like everyone is rather be alone and make money
Yeah what if you bought a nice £400 jacket and you proper love it

But thats not happiness..happiness is a feeling in the heart. For me its more about being content in myself. Not in materialistic things.

You can be the richest man on Earth, but still be unhappy. And you could be the poorest man on Earth and still be happy. Happiness is a state of mind.

Besides...would never buy a jacket for £400 :shock:
Reply 15
Money makes it easier to be happy.
I read this article on a study by Cambridge Uni that found that money can buy happiness. http://time.com/money/4285838/money-can-buy-happiness-study/

Some other studies showing that money buys happiness:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-93796/Money-buy-happiness-says-study.html (sorry for the Daily Mail link...)
http://fortune.com/2013/05/01/proof-that-money-does-in-fact-buy-happiness/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I think it has become less of a true statement in todays society. Today so many people are shallow and how they are perceived by others. Therefore having more money allows people to live up to these expectations, therefore giving them 'happiness'.
it also makes your life better and easier
Nah not really
Original post by john2054
it's just a figment of your imagination!
it also makes your life better and easier

In what ways?

Quick Reply