The Student Room Group

I guess this is all just made up, huh?

Scroll to see replies

This is as absurd as the post-Brexit hysteria, where any negative event was immediately chalked up to the preceeding vote.

Sure, it sucks for this guy to have been attacked, but like everything else following events like GE or EU Referendum, only one side can be tested against reality.

How do you know that a Trump win hasn't reduced hate crime? You don't.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
This is as absurd as the post-Brexit hysteria, where any negative event was immediately chalked up to the preceeding vote.

Sure, it sucks for this guy to have been attacked, but like everything else following events like GE or EU Referendum, only one side can be tested against reality.

How do you know that a Trump win hasn't reduced hate crime? You don't.

Your denial just goes to show what kind of human being you are.
https://twitter.com/kmscodi/status/796554667748716545

Yeah, those Clinton supporters are real upstanding citizens...
Reply 4
Original post by Four Queue
https://twitter.com/kmscodi/status/796554667748716545

Yeah, those Clinton supporters are real upstanding citizens...

My post did not say this isn't happening.
Reply 5

How is it different from a normal day in the USA?
Reply 6
What a horrendous thing to say. Nobody in a democratic society deserves to be brutally assaulted for their political views.
Reply 7
Original post by Wōden
What a horrendous thing to say. Nobody in a democratic society deserves to be brutally assaulted for their political views.

If political views mean racist, sexist, selfish, hateful, then morally there could be a very strong case for "deserving" it.
Original post by yudothis
If political views mean racist, sexist, selfish, hateful, then morally there could be a very strong case for "deserving" it.

Under what morality?
Reply 9
Original post by Zargabaath
Under what morality?

Not yours?
Not yours?

Nor any other sane person's
Especially today, when labels like racist and sexist are misused massively

If someone holds such views, I'd rather work out the cause of them and tackle that. Suppressing them (especially through violence) would only lead to an eventual backlash that wouldn't be good for anyone.
Reply 11
Original post by Zargabaath
Nor any other sane person's
Especially today, when labels like racist and sexist are misused massively

If someone holds such views, I'd rather work out the cause of them and tackle that. Suppressing them (especially through violence) would only lead to an eventual backlash that wouldn't be good for anyone.

What you describe is not quite the same as morally deserving something.
She did it herself.

You are quite oblivious to the fact that these labels; sexist, racist, whatever, are meaningless when you're the speaker. When you repeatedly misquote someone, attribute wholly fictional quotes to them, you lose credibility and so do your words.

Thousands of clueless left wingers were doing this exact thing for the last year. Hearing these false accusations aimed at someone over and over causes fairminded people to naturally sympathize with the victim. In politics, sympathy translates into votes. It gives undecided voters a reason to vote for the victim
and some who may be searching for a good reason to change their vote a perfect opportunity. I think this was a significant factor in producing a "hidden vote" that got remained hidden from the polls and got Trump elected.

So, thank you and keep up the good work!!
Reply 14
Original post by oldercon1953
You are quite oblivious to the fact that these labels; sexist, racist, whatever, are meaningless when you're the speaker. When you repeatedly misquote someone, attribute wholly fictional quotes to them, you lose credibility and so do your words.

Thousands of clueless left wingers were doing this exact thing for the last year. Hearing these false accusations aimed at someone over and over causes fairminded people to naturally sympathize with the victim. In politics, sympathy translates into votes. It gives undecided voters a reason to vote for the victim
and some who may be searching for a good reason to change their vote a perfect opportunity. I think this was a significant factor in producing a "hidden vote" that got remained hidden from the polls and got Trump elected.

So, thank you and keep up the good work!!

Not really, I suppose when half a country is ok with racist and sexist elements of a campaign, then yes, the concept of racism and sexism has lost credibility.
Not really, I suppose when half a country is ok with racist and sexist elements of a campaign, then yes, the concept of racism and sexism has lost credibility.

To hear you say it Trump has given those words perfect credibility. Not in your mamby pamby, progressive, multi definition style, but rather in the old lynch mob,separate but equal, send em back to Africa style.

The endorsement of David Duke, (which Trump refused)) made clear to every one Trumps intention to bus all the Mexicans south, ship all the Blacks to Africa, and put muslim immigrants into camps where we can keep an eye on them.
Reply 16
To hear you say it Trump has given those words perfect credibility. Not in your mamby pamby, progressive, multi definition style, but rather in the old lynch mob,separate but equal, send em back to Africa style.

The endorsement of David Duke, (which Trump refused)) made clear to every one Trumps intention to bus all the Mexicans south, ship all the Blacks to Africa, and put muslim immigrants into camps where we can keep an eye on them.

That made no sense whatsoever.
My guess is that YES, it probably is all made up! The liberal press here in the U.S. would trip over themselves getting any one of these stories on the air. But NOTHING. They would even air them without checking them out. Still NOTHING.
That made no sense whatsoever.

You have no trouble at all saying things you don't believe do you?

You know full well what I meant. My limit to your dishonesty has been reached.
Reply 19
You have no trouble at all saying things you don't believe do you?

You know full well what I meant. My limit to your dishonesty has been reached.

I have absolutely no idea what your mind produced there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending