The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherritable
oh dear this feels totally awful :frown: i've got good predicted grades too but im worried my bmat will pull me down especially because im an international applicant, sigh it's such a dreadful feeling to have everything you worked hard for come crashing down because of a single aptitude test >:frown: it's so unfair that capable people are being rejected because of their lack of speed in a test??

Hi my BMAT scores are section 1- 4.7, section 2- 5.5, section 3 - 3A any chance of Imperial
I got 4.3 4.5 2.5A. I am so on the fence:frown:

It could go either way but what do you guys think of my chances?
Original post by Zetajones
Hi my BMAT scores are section 1- 4.7, section 2- 5.5, section 3 - 3A any chance of Imperial

Nice, you should be in band 2. If the rest of your application is fine then u should be getting an interview around the middle of December
Original post by Tsar101
I got 4.3 4.5 2.5A. I am so on the fence:frown:

It could go either way but what do you guys think of my chances?

You're right u r on the fence but there is still a chance, your section 2 and 3 meet the cutoffs, section 1 could be okay not sure about that though. Stay hopeful
Here are my scores for the BMAT,

Section 1: 4.6
Section 2: 4.7
Section 3: 3A

Will I get into band 2, and if so what are the chances of being invited to interview from band 2?

thanks
hi,
do you think i would be considered for an interview with 4.0, 4.9 and 3.5A?
super disappointed with my S1

thanks
Original post by asdmedic
Here are my scores for the BMAT,

Section 1: 4.6
Section 2: 4.7
Section 3: 3A

Will I get into band 2, and if so what are the chances of being invited to interview from band 2?

thanks

Last year u would have made the cutoff for band 2, however last year it was particularly low, this year the cutoff may be as low, but i can't be sure.

Based on 2014 data, success rate for an interview in band 2 was 69.5%. There is a chance that you could be in band 3 but even then chances of getting an interview are not bad, 59.6% (slightly lower only because there are more people in band 3.) Assuming the rest of your application is good, then i think u will probably get an interview.
Original post by hopefulLOL
hi,
do you think i would be considered for an interview with 4.0, 4.9 and 3.5A?
super disappointed with my S1

thanks

I'm afraid to say that i have never seen a BMAT cutoff for imperial to ever be that low. It's a shame because your other two section are good. Sorry :/
what band would 5.6 5.3 3b
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
what band would 5.6 5.3 3b

Those are some good scores. U definatley meet the cutoffs, but that B makes it slightly harder to work out which band u r in. I have feeling u could be in band 2, if the cutoff this year is a B, but some years the cutoff is an A. If the cutoff is an A then u will be in band 3. Don't worry, u still have a good chance at getting an interwiew.
Original post by ApartName43
Those are some good scores. U definatley meet the cutoffs, but that B makes it slightly harder to work out which band u r in. I have feeling u could be in band 2, if the cutoff this year is a B, but some years the cutoff is an A. If the cutoff is an A then u will be in band 3. Don't worry, u still have a good chance at getting an interwiew.

The absolute cutoff for the essay is always 2.5b isnt it
Last year u would have made the cutoff for band 2, however last year it was particularly low, this year the cutoff may be as low, but i can't be sure.

Based on 2014 data, success rate for an interview in band 2 was 69.5%. There is a chance that you could be in band 3 but even then chances of getting an interview are not bad, 59.6% (slightly lower only because there are more people in band 3.) Assuming the rest of your application is good, then i think u will probably get an interview.

Do you mind sending the cut offs from last year and your source please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
The absolute cutoff for the essay is always 2.5b isnt it

Yes it is, but the cutoff for band 2 is 3A, sometimes its has been 3B. I'm not certain though.

Original post by Johncenaofficial

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/medicine_a100_bmat_band_1_cut_of
(my bad i was talking about the 2015 entry cycle)
Original post by Johncenaofficial

Data about probability of getting interview: http://uclmedic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/how-imperial-use-bmat-guide-for.html
I got 8.5 5.5 3.5A
Do you think this will get band 1?
hey guys, I got 4.9 6.2 4A. Can someone explain how these bands work? Im scared that my 1st section score is going to bring me down
Original post by Vanloo9
I got 8.5 5.5 3.5A
Do you think this will get band 1?

Bloody hell, that section 1 score though. U can get into band 1 as long as the cutoff for section 2 is 5.5 or below. 2015 entry cutoff for band 1 was 5.4 5.4 3.5B
Bloody hell, that section 1 score though. U can get into band 1 as long as the cutoff for section 2 is 5.5 or below. 2015 entry cutoff for band 1 was 5.4 5.4 3.5B

Thanks i was really surprised with the section 1 and 3
Original post by gertrudemc
hey guys, I got 4.9 6.2 4A. Can someone explain how these bands work? Im scared that my 1st section score is going to bring me down

U have a good set of scores. Band 1 means garunteed interview, band 2 and 3 means possible interview. I think it's just a way to decide when to interview people, i.e. Band 3 towards the end Band 1 right at the start of the interview stage. Take a look at the other links above to get a good idea. I think u would be Band 2, so u have a pretty good chance of getting an interview
Is there such thing as band 3 and 4?

If so, what does everyone reckon these cut offs are approx?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending