The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
[video="youtube;UqABaoJcyIg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqABaoJcyIg[/video]
If I was Goldberg, I would say thanks and retire and call that my last match. In a way, the whole return and Goldberg's role has been scripted perfectly. Short, sweet and intense.

From the full video I saw of the squash, Goldberg was rusty and so it made sense to book it that way. A 15min match would have killed the momentum and fans might have crapped on it. This resulted in a shock ending and it sufficiently met the needs of Goldberg's skills.

Rumours are this could all be setting up Lesnar v Goldberg III at Mania with a build-up at the Rumble but honestly, if you are in Goldberg's shoes and you've fulfilled your dream of being in the ring one time to a) have your son see you perform and b) extinguish the memory of the dour WMXX match then why have one more match which will be longer and it might be rubbish?

He's had his moment, better time than ever to retire.

As for Lesnar, he's good mates with Goldberg so he won't have begrudged him a big, dominant victory. Also, with the negative publicity his failed drugs test maybe had with the company, it might have been a nuanced punishment, maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5402
Goldberg is appearing on RAW tonight - and he's also set to feature at the Royal Rumble, according to reports.

In other news, Shane O'Mac was legitimately injured after that spear from Roman Reigns - so it was good he dived out and got some treatment backstage. That was probably my favourite spot of the night.

I wonder if we'll see a Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose situation further down the line. Of course, Taker told Team SmackDown to win - and said they would face ramifications if they didn't. Ambrose's turn on AJ Styles, helping Reigns and Seth Rollins to triple powerbomb him through the table as part of a mini-Shield reunion, may make the Deadman set his sights on Ambrose.

I'd love Ambrose to turn heel.
Sasha Banks <3
Doesn't matter how popular Goldberg is, if he wins the Royal Rumble match, he'll be boo'd out of the building.
Reply 5405
Goldberg is back for the Rumble, then. A good opening segment to RAW last night - and, if I was WWE, I'd have Goldberg enter number one or two, with Lesnar the other number.

There was some good in-ring action last night - namely the Sheamus/Cesaro vs the New Day bout. The latter are really stale right now, but they picked up a well need victory after being eliminated from the 10-on-10 Survivor Series tag-team bout early on Sunday night. Kofi rolled up Cesaro to claim the victory, in a really good bout, and hopefully we'll see more of that and see Sheamus/Cesaro eventually win the title.

Elsewhere, the Club - a team who have devalued by constant losses - beat the Golden Truth in what had to be the most redundant match of Monday night, while Rusev trampled Enzo Amore, a result which does the latter no favours, considering how poorly he and Big Cass have been booked. To be honest, the red brand tag division has disappointed massively since the Brand Extension/Draft. But it's good to see Rusev so dominant.

Sami Zayn took a beating from Braun Strowman, too, and the latter comes out of this looking like the unstoppable monster—a beast of a man, while Zayn, heading for a pay-per-view showdown with Strowman, can exhibit his Underdog from the Underground shtick more. Sensible booking all round. Hopefully we're heading for a Big Cass vs Rusev feud, too. Think of the promos between Lana and Enzo!

WWE continued to promote the upcoming 205 Live debut, booking a Triple Threat No. 1 Contender's match between Rich Swann, Noam Dar and T.J. Perkins. The former is easily the most charismatic member of the cruiserweight division, but the entire division is stale right now and needs character development. The main crowd at RAW events just don't seem to be interested. If I was WWE, I'd be tempted to remove them from both brands, giving them the 205 Live show, and then occasionally appearing on RAW/SmackDown and PPVs with a title bout.

The main event - Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins - was just outstanding. A fun, intense brawl which spread across the arena from two of the company's best workers. And the former got a well-needed win, with the help of Chris Jericho, after the pair delivered a fantastic segment earlier in the night.
Original post by Aky786UK
If I was Goldberg, I would say thanks and retire and call that my last match.

If I was Goldberg, Brock or whoever else, I would take the ****ing money.
Reply 5407
Original post by ozzyoscy
If I was Goldberg, Brock or whoever else, I would take the ****ing money.

Samoa Joe tweeted: "New target in my sights" or something along those lines, perhaps hinting at a future Joe/Goldberg or Joe/Lesnar programme.

I'd welcome that, to be honest.

Lesnar got paid something like £400+k for appearing at Survivor Series - all for 1 minute and 16 seconds work.
So Goldberg is staying. He's not going to get a title run as there's no feasible challenger for him to face from the new crop of guys atm, so I'd be surprised if this wasn't leading up to Goldberg v Lesnar III. Lesnar/Heyman will probably disappear until the Rumble when they eliminate Goldberg and set up the Mania match. WWE naturally want to capitalise but I would have assumed, from a personal perspective, that Goldberg would be happy to hang his boots but he's maybe being getting excitable of being back in front of an audience and that's driving him to continue. Of course, he's probably getting paid big bucks but he's hardly skint himself.
Reply 5409
Punk has hinted a UFC announcement is coming...
**** Samoa Joe having a match with Lesnar or Goldberg.
What a joke

Reply 5412
Original post by AR_95
What a joke

Joe's a beast tbf
Original post by Mackay
Punk has hinted a UFC announcement is coming...

I heard his interview today, and was surprised Dana hadn't said to him what he told media after Punk's loss, that his MMA career would not be at the UFC. Punk seems determined to continue his career whether it's with the company or not but if it's, I'd imagine he'll be on a card next year not as prominent.
Reply 5414
Original post by Aky786UK
I heard his interview today, and was surprised Dana hadn't said to him what he told media after Punk's loss, that his MMA career would not be at the UFC. Punk seems determined to continue his career whether it's with the company or not but if it's, I'd imagine he'll be on a card next year not as prominent.

Looks like he'll have a second UFC fight: http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=http://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2016/11/22/the-ufc-will-give-cm-punk-a-second-chance-and-thats-a-really-bad-idea/&refURL=https://www.google.co.uk/&referrer=https://www.google.co.uk/

Not a good idea imho
Original post by AR_95
What a joke

UFC itself has proven that size and fat doesn't really matter that much.
How do people think the Goldberg thing will play out? I think it would be too much to ask but I'd like to see:
Goldberg enters the rumble, destroying all in his path, then Lesnar gets involved and just beats the **** out of him and gets him eliminated. Sets up a rematch for Wrestlmania, but then Taker gets involved and it becomes a triple threat. I have no idea how feasible that is but my gawwwd id be stoked
I think they'll enter Goldberg at around 28. He'll have to win it. It could then set up Goldberg-Styles at Wrestlemania.

Original post by The Wavefunction
How do people think the Goldberg thing will play out? I think it would be too much to ask but I'd like to see:
Goldberg enters the rumble, destroying all in his path, then Lesnar gets involved and just beats the **** out of him and gets him eliminated. Sets up a rematch for Wrestlmania, but then Taker gets involved and it becomes a triple threat. I have no idea how feasible that is but my gawwwd id be stoked
Reply 5418
Kalisto vs Baron Corbin in a Chairs match is something I don't want to see.
Original post by The Wavefunction

WWE like to do it in threes and recycle old stuff, so most likely scenario is an already-eliminated or non-participating Lesnar eliminates Goldberg just like in their feud last time. And says he doesn't give a **** about his kids.

If Lesnar F5s his kid, that would be gold!

Quick Reply

Latest