The Student Room Group

Want to sleep with a guy, but I'm a virgin...

I have this best friend, and we've been together in the past and then split because of exams, and uni and things like that... Been wanting to have sex with him for a year, and him with me for about the same...He's had many "conquests" and is a really good looking gut. But I'm a virgin... What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Those intestines must be really sexy :wink: :lol: #Moooose
Original post by Anonymous
I have this best friend, and we've been together in the past and then split because of exams, and uni and things like that... Been wanting to have sex with him for a year, and him with me for about the same...He's had many "conquests" and is a really good looking gut. But I'm a virgin... What do I do?

Why do you think the fact that you are a virgin precludes you from sleeping with him?
Reply 3
Original post by OvergrownMoose
Those intestines must be really sexy :wink: :lol: #Moooose

Intestines?
Intestines?

gut --> guy
:wink:
Reply 5
Original post by Smack
Why do you think the fact that you are a virgin precludes you from sleeping with him?

How does one know whether they are ready or not... Plus, his many conquests are not within relationships... They're with strangers for one night stands...
How does one know whether they are ready or not... Plus, his many conquests are not within relationships... They're with strangers for one night stands...

You decide whenever you are ready.
Reply 7
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
gut --> guy
:wink:

Oh... LOL
Reply 8
Original post by Smack
You decide whenever you are ready.

I feel ready... But my insecurities stop me...
There's no point waiting for someone unless you love them...
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
There's no point waiting for someone unless you love them...

I do. But he's my best friend... Which just makes it all the more complicated...

How old are you? You don't want to sleep with him because of his actions with other girls, so you shouldn't. You will regret sleeping with him when you find someone you feel secure with who doesn't sleep with a bunch of other girls and just leave them. It isn't about being ready, it is about being comfortable with that person and you obviously aren't.
Original post by Clockrice
How old are you? You don't want to sleep with him because of his actions with other girls, so you shouldn't. You will regret sleeping with him when you find someone you feel secure with who doesn't sleep with a bunch of other girls and just leave them. It isn't about being ready, it is about being comfortable with that person and you obviously aren't.

If I wasn't, I wouldn't be asking for opinions... He's my best friend. And I love him for that... My issue is with the mirror... When I look into the mirror, I see something I don't like, and automatically think that if I don't like it, how can others...?
If I wasn't, I wouldn't be asking for opinions... He's my best friend. And I love him for that... My issue is with the mirror... When I look into the mirror, I see something I don't like, and automatically think that if I don't like it, how can others...?

What is the end goal here? Just to sleep with him? As I don't see why you maybe not being as attractive as other people would be a problem for him. Or do you actually want a relationship? Don't tell me your are worried he wouldn't want to be friends with you anymore if you aren't as good as other girls. Just talk to him about it. If he is worth anything as a friend he won't sleep with you.
If you feel you are ready then go for it! It should be your decision and only yours though, no one else's. If you feel insecure about it then maybe talk to him about it? It can really help to communicate and be open with each other :h:

i wouldn't worry about not having a number of sexual encounters like him as i know of many guys who pride themselves in taking a girls' virginity. if he's your best friend then does he know about your lack of experience? if he knows and still wants sex with you i'd say you're in an alright position, no pun intended
How does one know whether they are ready or not...

There's a simple questionnaire to do through yourself:

1. Do I know what sex is?
2. Do I want to have sex?
3. Have I found a person I want to have sex at this current time?
4. Are they willing to have sex with me?

If you answered yes to all, you are now ready to have sex.

Don't over-complicate it, there's no reason for virginity to be particularly special to the none-religious.

Been wanting to have sex with him for a year, and him with me for about the same

IF HE WANTS TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU THERE IS NO NEED FOR INSECURITY YOU ABSOLUTE CABBAGE
Virgins are not allowed to have sex.
Reply 18

I feel like sleeping with him would be too obvious?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I feel like sleeping with him would be too obvious?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In what sense?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending