The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by voodooshaman
I was also at this match - I was disappointed by the quality so don't let it influence your opinion of live tennis. I've seen many better matches at the O2.
I was also in a similar seat 406 block and row F. Still, they're decent seats for the price, don't you think?. TBH I don't think there is a bad seat in the O2 - it suits tennis well.

Yeah it wasn't the best of matches, but it was still enjoyable, definitely coming back next year if I have the chance.

It is indeed pretty good value, compared with other sporting events in the UK. Apparently if I booked half a year back, it would have cost me £40 plus any charges. There were quite a few empty seats where I was, guess tennis isn't as popular in the UK as I thought it was or most only care for Wimbledon :p:
Original post by lizzy95
Murray deservedly year end no. 1. Djokovic just couldn't play his best when it mattered while Murray rarely dropped his level. 2017 will be interesting

With Djokovic so poor it will be interesting to see Del Potro kicking into gear plus Fed.
Novak in the finals wasn't even the shadow of the man who crushed Nishikori. How the f**k can one day change so much?
Amazing match going on. Del Porto vs Cilic.
Finding Dory and Shrek in 1 minute LOOOL too funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m79q7m6WGU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fnt1klo
Amazing match going on. Del Porto vs Cilic.

Yeah bro match of the year for me
Well that was a great Davis Cup final! I didn't really expect Karlovic to lose that one, but Del Potro vs Cilic was awesome.
Original post by clockwork_orange
Well that was a great Davis Cup final! I didn't really expect Karlovic to lose that one, but Del Potro vs Cilic was awesome.

I'm happy for Del Potro because he's been out of action with wrist injuries and he's had other operations.
Murray should've played harder in his first match against Argentina, then we would've ripped Cilic to pieces.
Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334
I'm happy for Del Potro because he's been out of action with wrist injuries and he's had other operations.
Murray should've played harder in his first match against Argentina, then we would've ripped Cilic to pieces.

Delpo is going to be a real threat next year
Who are you all supporting for Australian open? Who's the likely player to win? Who's the underdog?
Fed and Nadal back!!!
Original post by Fnt1klo
Who are you all supporting for Australian open? Who's the likely player to win? Who's the underdog?
Fed and Nadal back!!!

Been a Fed fan since birth
Looking forward to seeing murray,Thiem, Delpo ,Wawrinka and Edmund . All my faves
Original post by Gnatt27
Looking forward to seeing murray,Thiem, Delpo ,Wawrinka and Edmund . All my faves

Delpo withdrew week earlier.
8 players who can win the Australian open title! This is what I think!

1) SIR Andy Murray, we cannot leave the world no 1 out, can we?
2) Novak Djokovic - he may have lost his winning styles, but he's the 👑 of Australian open and the winner of 12 grand slams.
3) Wawrinka - No player can stay with this guy when he's on, he's called the STANIMAL. It will be interesting to see whether he can complete the career grand slam, although the chances look very slim.
4) Ranoic - Appearing in his first final of grand slam last year and ending the year as world no 3, surely this is hinting towards something big from the Canadian.
5) Nishikori - Despite having not yet won masters 1000 or grand slam, he's one of the most consistent player, hence we absolutely cannot miss him out.
6) Cilic - Ending the year as world no 6, he has something to prove at Australian open. He has the game to beat the best - Big serve and mesmerising forehand.
7) Federer - Although not playing much and staying most of the 2016 out, we can never leave the GOAT and 17 time grand slam champion out.
8) Nadal - After winning the Mubadala world tennis championship and beating three formidable opponents, there are signs that Nadal is ready for 2017 and perhaps back at the top level. After all we cannot leave out 14 time grand slam champion.

Other players to watch out include: Monfils; Thiem; Dimitrov; Kyrgios.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fnt1klo

1) Andy Murray, we cannot leave the world no 1 out, can we?
2) Novak Djokovic - he may have lost his winning styles, but he's the 👑 of Australian open and the winner of 12 grand slams.
3) Wawrinka - No player can stay with this guy when he's on, he's called the STANIMAL. It will be interesting to see whether he can complete the career grand slam, although the chances look very slim.
4) Ranoic - Appearing in his first final of grand slam last year and ending the year as world no 3, surely this is hinting towards something big from the Canadian.
5) Nishikori - Despite having not yet won masters 1000 or grand slam, he's one of the most consistent player, hence we absolutely cannot miss him out.
6) Cilic - Ending the year as world no 6, he has something to prove at Australian open. He has the game to beat the best - Big serve and mesmerising forehand.
7) Federer - Although not playing much and staying most of the 2016 out, we can never leave the GOAT and 17 time grand slam champion out.
8) Nadal - After winning the Mubadala world tennis championship and beating three formidable opponents, there are signs that Nadal is ready for 2017 and perhaps back at the top level. After all we cannot leave out 14 time grand slam champion.

Might as well quote the whole draw lol. Hopman Cup tomorrow, looking forward to Federer's comeback.
Original post by ovo_zverit
Might as well quote the whole draw lol. Hopman Cup tomorrow, looking forward to Federer's comeback.

Brisbane, Qatar and Hopman cup. Lots of tennis, I am so excited.
Original post by Fnt1klo

1) Andy Murray, we cannot leave the world no 1 out, can we?

Sir Andy Murray, please do not forget.
Original post by KingHarold
Sir Andy Murray, please do not forget.

Spoiler

Djokovic saves 4 match points in a row in tie break vs Verdasco lmao
Original post by monk1324
Djokovic saves 4 match points in a row in tie break vs Verdasco lmao

Verdasco should've put the match away there.

Quick Reply

Latest