The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Welcome to the Sheffield Hallam University [SHU] 2017 applicant discussion thread

Applying to Sheffield Hallam in 2017?

What course will you be applying for? How are you feeling about starting uni? When are you going to an open day? Tell us about a treasured possession you'll be taking with you.

Use this space to introduce yourself, chat with each other and ask us any questions you have about studying at Sheffield Hallam.

Laura & Hannah
(Official Hallam reps)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applied last year, firmed SHU, currently taking a gap year and going in 2017! I'm hoping to study International Tourism Management :smile: Feeling quite excited and ready to meet some new people. I'm going to my second open day on 4th December! Treasured possessions... definitely a notebook and pen to jot down lots of info at the open day-i had to rely on a scrap piece of paper last time! :/ cannot wait!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by AFflur1
Applied last year, firmed SHU, currently taking a gap year and going in 2017! I'm hoping to study International Tourism Management :smile: Feeling quite excited and ready to meet some new people. I'm going to my second open day on 4th December! Treasured possessions... definitely a notebook and pen to jot down lots of info at the open day-i had to rely on a scrap piece of paper last time! :/ cannot wait!

Hi AFflur1

That sounds like a great idea! We can't wait to see you again on Sunday. :h: What are you most looking forward to about visiting us again?

Hannah
(Official TSR rep)
Reply 3
Hi Hannah,

I think everything! I'm looking forward to seeing which accommodation suits me, as at the minute I'm still unsure ☺️
Original post by AFflur1
Hi Hannah,

I think everything! I'm looking forward to seeing which accommodation suits me, as at the minute I'm still unsure ☺️

I'm sure you'll have already found this but if you haven't it might be worth having a look at our accommodation web pages. Which ones are you choosing between? :smile:

Hannah
Reply 5
Hi Hannah, I have chosen Union State folllowed by Leadmill Point and Trigon :smile: hope they're good choices!
I came to the open day the other day and definitely want Sheff Hallam to be my firm choice. Iv applied for Law and Law with Criminology and have sent my UCAS app off. Just waiting to find out if I can have a place *fingers crossed* possessions would definitely be my laptop have loved being able to do my work pretty much anywhere this last year. 😊
Original post by AFflur1
Hi Hannah, I have chosen Union State folllowed by Leadmill Point and Trigon :smile: hope they're good choices!

All great choices :u:
Reply 8
Thank you! How far is Union State to City Campus pls? :smile:
i applied
son applied for secondary mathematics with qts and is still awaiting a response. Has received responses and interviews from all other choices so just Sheffield now.
I received an unconditional offer if I firmed Hallam, and I did so I'm definitely going to uni!! I'm going to study Accounting and Finance which I've been dead set on doing since Year 10 but recently I've been wondering if the Finance and Investment degree would be better for me? I don't know, but I'm just so excited to go to uni!
Original post by AFflur1
Thank you! How far is Union State to City Campus pls? :smile:

It's about a 10-15 minute walk :smile:
Hello :smile:

I've got a conditional for Journalism and have put Hallam as my first choice :smile: loved the open day so now I'm actually so excited for September!

I'm just wondering, how quickly do we need to apply for accommodation - is it likely to be full as soon as the UCAS deadline hits?
Original post by charliew1
Hello :smile:

I've got a conditional for Journalism and have put Hallam as my first choice :smile: loved the open day so now I'm actually so excited for September!

I'm just wondering, how quickly do we need to apply for accommodation - is it likely to be full as soon as the UCAS deadline hits?

Congratulations Charlie, that's awesome :biggrin:

Glad you loved the open day. September will come round in no time.

We'd recommend applying for accommodation as soon as you feel you're ready. Applications opened at the beginning of December, so if you have confirmed your offer you can apply now. Some of our accommodation is very popular and fills up quite quickly so if there is a particular location you'd like to live in, we'd suggest you apply soon. If you're still thinking about the type of home you'd like to live in though, do take the time to work out what you want before you rush into a decision.

If you have any further accommodation questions, let me know :smile:

Thanks,
Laura
Original post by Shannon9898
I received an unconditional offer if I firmed Hallam, and I did so I'm definitely going to uni!! I'm going to study Accounting and Finance which I've been dead set on doing since Year 10 but recently I've been wondering if the Finance and Investment degree would be better for me? I don't know, but I'm just so excited to go to uni!

Congratulation for getting your place at Hallam!!!
Hi,Im Arif I do finance and banking at Hallam and am on my 3rd year, depending on what aspect of finance your interested in, you can speak to a course adviser at 01142255533 to compare the two courses or you can click here and compare the course and see which you prefer. Both courses will be held in the City campus, which is great as it is in the city centre and in walking distance to most accommodations. Personally I love the course I do as its practical based and real world orientated.
Got a conditional offer for criminology but I'm not confident in getting my C in maths😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessicaac
Got a conditional offer for criminology but I'm not confident in getting my C in maths😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your offer Jessica! I have a few friends who studied Criminology at Hallam and they really enjoyed it.

You've got lots of time to work on your maths and we wish you all the luck! If you need further help, The Student Room have a great forum on revision help, tips and advice. There are discussions and articles such as how to beat exam panic and past papers available across a range of subjects. The team should be able to help you :smile: maybe bookmark the page for future use too.

If you have any more questions for us, ask away :smile:

Thanks,
Laura
Reply 18
Hi :smile:

When's the best time to apply for student finance?
Reply 19
Hi,

I've applied for psychology and received a conditional offer. I don't seem to have found anyone else that's applied for the course though :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending