The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Do we think that a BMAT score of 5.4 5.7 and 4A is enough?
Reply 241
Original post by sss99
Do we think that a BMAT score of 5.4 5.7 and 4A is enough?

That might be band 1 actually. Sec 1 might make it band 2 but is unlikely. Pretty high chance of interview - around 70-90% depends on the band

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a 5.2, 6.9 and a 4.5 A. Hoping my personal statement will be enough for interview.
Reply 243
Original post by audreygal
I got a 5.2, 6.9 and a 4.5 A. Hoping my personal statement will be enough for interview.

Pretty sweet score

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AhidC
What are chances of getting an interview with these scores:
S1- 4.5, S2-5.3, S3-3.5A
My predicted grades are A*AA with the A* in bio. I feel i have a good personal statement and reference.

You have a decent chance. Those scores are above previous historic cut-offs, and with a good personal statement, an interview is likely.
Reply 245
Original post by iamDev
That might be band 1 actually. Sec 1 might make it band 2 but is unlikely. Pretty high chance of interview - around 70-90% depends on the band

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! I'm very anxiously waiting to hear from them!
Does anyone know if Imperial don't consider you further at all if you don't meet bmat cutoffs? Managing my time on the day threw me off for section 2 this year but I was above the cut offs in sections 1 and 3. On the website it says they are usually about: 4.5, 4.5, 2.5B
I got: 5.6, 3.9, 4A
Looking at the score and point equivalents, I missed the cut off in section 2 by 2 marks D:
My other stats:
GCSE: 11A*s, 1A
AS: AA (we only did exams in the unreformed subjects)
A2 predictions: A*A*A
Original post by Anushree
Does anyone know if Imperial don't consider you further at all if you don't meet bmat cutoffs? Managing my time on the day threw me off for section 2 this year but I was above the cut offs in sections 1 and 3. On the website it says they are usually about: 4.5, 4.5, 2.5B
Looking at the score and point equivalents, I missed the cut off in section 2 by 2 marks D:
My other stats:

Where did you find the score and point equivalents?
Original post by anonmous270
Where did you find the score and point equivalents?

If you look at the graphs you get from the explanation of results document there are the same number of bars as there are questions for sections 1 and 2. So you can count the number of bars up to your points.
My other stats:

I'm afraid you have to meet the cutoff in all sections and your section 2 won't make it. Sorry buddy
Reply 250
Hi, do you think I can make the cutoff for imperial with these scores? S1:4.7 S2:4.9 S3:3A
Would these scores be enough to get an interview, my AS levels are AA (external AS) and my predicted grades are A*A*A in Biology, Maths and Chemistry (that order)
Original post by oey99
Hi, do you think I can make the cutoff for imperial with these scores? S1:4.7 S2:4.9 S3:3A
Would these scores be enough to get an interview, my AS levels are AA (external AS) and my predicted grades are A*A*A in Biology, Maths and Chemistry (that order)

You'll make the cut off, interview chance is pretty good
Who's hoping Imperial lower the cut-offs this year 😂

a lot of universities have done that this year to increase the numbers on their waiting list to avoid having to go into clearing lol but maybe Imperial will be ruthless 😭 crying inside #givememyrejectionalready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by CutieTootsie

a lot of universities have done that this year to increase the numbers on their waiting list to avoid having to go into clearing lol but maybe Imperial will be ruthless 😭 crying inside #givememyrejectionalready

Hopefully the cut-offs will be more merciful for people who didn't scored the highest in particular sections, however looking through their prior cut-offs I wouldn't hold your breathe. What did you get in BMAT?
My other stats:

Unless you're in the Widening Participating band, I'm afraid you need to meet the cut off to be considered.
Reply 255
Hi everyone!! I'm new to studentroom. I think this thread is an amazing concept for like minded people to interact. Everyone's results seem really good!! What do you guys think of the following results for grad entry? 4.9, 4.3, 3.5A

I am seriously worried about section 2!!
Original post by AhidC
What are chances of getting an interview with these scores:
S1- 4.5, S2-5.3, S3-3.5A
My predicted grades are A*AA with the A* in bio. I feel i have a good personal statement and reference.

Obviously, those marks are pretty awesome. You've got marks that put you above previous requirements/cut-offs thus you have a good chance.

Remember -
:whip: In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. :whip:
Don't worry babes. Imperial can't afford to not give you an interview. I'll give you one myself if you want :wink:
Original post by CutieTootsie

Lol, St George's with their ****ing 50 places in clearing - how the **** does that even happen😂
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Lol, St George's with their ****ing 50 places in clearing - how the **** does that even happen😂

Did st George have clearing for medicine last year.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest