The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Disability Support in Birmingham City

Hi,
I am considering studying Computer Networks (Four Year Sandwich) at Birmingham City University. I am interested in finding out how good is their disability support service and whether I will be able to have access to their services - should I come to study there. I ask this question because I am currently a Sixth form student who has Aspergers' Syndrome and need clarification on the type of assistance I can receive.
Thanks.
Original post by Tegha20
Hi,
I am considering studying Computer Networks (Four Year Sandwich) at Birmingham City University. I am interested in finding out how good is their disability support service and whether I will be able to have access to their services - should I come to study there. I ask this question because I am currently a Sixth form student who has Aspergers' Syndrome and need clarification on the type of assistance I can receive.
Thanks.

Hi Tegha20,

We're so glad to hear you're considering applying to study with us!

Here is a link to the disability support offered here at BCU for people with conditions such as dyslexia or autism. Here you'll find advice about applying to us i.e visiting Open Days along with details of the support that can be offered once you're a student here with us.

If you make an application and receive an offer, you would be contacted by a pre-entry disability adviser to help you with the next steps. If you visit the 'Support' tab on the page linked to above you'll find more information about the whole process.

You can download our disability support guide for students and if you still have questions after looking through that feel free to contact the support team directly at [email protected] or post on this thread and we'll do our best to answer them!

All the best,

Lydia
The BCU Team :smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest