The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
when do KCL stop giving interviews out? I haven't got one yet. So many ppl on this thread have got interviews.
Reply 941
dunno when they r sending more interviews. y can't they just update on twitter.
Original post by 11...
when do KCL stop giving interviews out? I haven't got one yet. So many ppl on this thread have got interviews.

Doesn't mean anything. They have around 4000 applicants a year, so it's not a surprise most haven't received a response. My friend had to wait until March to get an invitation for an interview, which took place in April.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11...

They don't end to have many dates in December so I'm guessing the rest is in January. I'd guess the next batch will be out mid-December
Reply 944
are the interviews sent out in the order of preference. high to low ukcat scores given they have good academic
Reply 945
Original post by studentsixth
They don't end to have many dates in December so I'm guessing the rest is in January. I'd guess the next batch will be out mid-December

thank you!!!!!!! have u got an interview at KCL yet???? It is so good there
Original post by 11...
are the interviews sent out in the order of preference. high to low ukcat scores given they have good academic

No, the last batch were sent to primarily international/EU students I think. I received one and it was scheduled for the end of February, giving time to those of us who need to make travel arrangements.

I would imagine January and February invitations for home students would come out about 3-4 weeks before the interview dates as I've observed in this thread.
Original post by 11...

They used to rank applicants a few year a ago (before MMI) like UCL did but just in terms of overall application than UKCAT/GCSE combo. But I'm not sure if they still do that (I doubt it). Plus my UKCAT is less than 700 and mines on the 6th. I wouldn't worry as they go into April (as someone said before)! Good luck

Guys I need a lot of opinions right now ! I've been stressing these couple of weeks and just need HONEST opinions on my chances of getting an interview with my stats to KCL.
Stats:
GCSES - 4A*s 7As 1B
AS - AAA (all sciences) and an A in the whole of A Level Mathematics
Predictions : A*A*A*
UKCAT - 650
^This is what I am worried about the most, I know last year they accepted those people from 635-740 but I need honest views on what fellow medics think about my chances in getting to the interview stage.
To be totally honest with you guys and myself I've completely f***** up my application, in the least possible vain way, I have got everything else I need for a medical application except for the UKCAT score.

Reply 949
Original post by Mohammed Shamal

Guys I need a lot of opinions right now ! I've been stressing these couple of weeks and just need HONEST opinions on my chances of getting an interview with my stats to KCL.
Stats:
GCSES - 4A*s 7As 1B
AS - AAA (all sciences) and an A in the whole of A Level Mathematics
Predictions : A*A*A*
UKCAT - 650
^This is what I am worried about the most, I know last year they accepted those people from 635-740 but I need honest views on what fellow medics think about my chances in getting to the interview stage.
To be totally honest with you guys and myself I've completely f***** up my application, in the least possible vain way, I have got everything else I need for a medical application except for the UKCAT score.

At the open day kings said you should be in the top 25/30% for ukcat scores. Are you in that? If not you would be very lucky to get an interview
Original post by DocPK
At the open day kings said you should be in the top 25/30% for ukcat scores. Are you in that? If not you would be very lucky to get an interview

How would I know if I'm in the top 25/30 %??
How would I know if I'm in the top 25/30 %??

Decile-wise. The UKCAT releases that data. I would imagine you're in the 6th decile or so.

This page has all the test statistics:
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/about-the-test/applications/
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm in the 9th decile and I'm still waiting 😂😂😂😂
Guess I'm just gonna have take an L this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
I'm in the 9th decile and I'm still waiting 😂😂😂😂
Guess I'm just gonna have take an L this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too....
9th decile and waiting.
Reply 954
Yeah I am in the 6th decile but how does that tell me if I'm in the 25/30%???

No that means you are in the top 40%. I doubt you will get an interview but don't give up hope
Reply 955
Original post by Lostperson
me too....
9th decile and waiting.

What was your score?
me too....
9th decile and waiting.

Same here
Original post by DocPK
What was your score?

Reply 958

So you're actually in the 8th decile...
Original post by DocPK
So you're actually in the 8th decile...

No? i am in the 9th. read how to place yourself in the deciles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending