The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andreassera
How long does it take for offers to be made? I have applied for BSc Economics a month ago and still haven't heard from St Andrews. I'm so worried!

Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by wolfmoon88
Are you international?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I'm from the EU.
No, I'm from the EU.

Might take a while then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long does it take for offers to be made? I have applied for BSc Economics a month ago and still haven't heard from St Andrews. I'm so worried!

Unfortunately, St Andrews really does take its time to hand out offers or rejections, especially to applicants paying no fees (Home and EU). So be prepared to wait until February ot March :/

Where are u from? :smile:
I applied on October 13th and got the offer on November 21st. It takes around a month to reach the decision i guess.
Original post by GermanIRhopeful
Unfortunately, St Andrews really does take its time to hand out offers or rejections, especially to applicants paying no fees (Home and EU). So be prepared to wait until February ot March :/

Where are u from? :smile:

Whoah, that's a lot.. I'm from Cyprus and I have finished my A Levels so hopefully I'll get an unconditional.
Original post by clucky_chick
Oh, this is now really worrying me. I have only just sent off my application, and it's still being processed by my college, which means it hasn't been officially sent off yet. I'm applying for philosophy and psychology. Anyone else applying for those courses? Anyone know the estimated time it takes to receive an offer? Thanks :smile:

Hi. I've applied for Psychology (application received 16th November) and haven't heard anything from St. Andrews. Received offers s from all 4 of my other choices, but am yet to find a 'home' Psychology applicant who's heard!!
I haven't heard from St. Andrews yet... I applied for CS around October 14th with 42 predicted IB score.

Will St. Andrews give offers to International Students soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by soccermom39
English (kind of) applicant here. I applied on like the 14th of October and I've been on "pending decision" since the 13ths of November. I think I won't be hearing anything again until January-March. (I'm applying for philosophy too)

Ah, that's not good. I would really like to hear a decision before then to decide whether I'm going to go for UCAS extra or something instead, as St. Andrews is my top choice.
Original post by kiera28
Hi. I've applied for Psychology (application received 16th November) and haven't heard anything from St. Andrews. Received offers s from all 4 of my other choices, but am yet to find a 'home' Psychology applicant who's heard!!

Ah okay, I hope they do start offering soon!
Original post by clucky_chick
Ah, that's not good. I would really like to hear a decision before then to decide whether I'm going to go for UCAS extra or something instead, as St. Andrews is my top choice.

Ah same. I figured if i don't get in this year maybe i can try adjustment
or just go to my second choice get a first like above 85% and then see if i can transfer.
what do you want to use extra for?
Original post by tyunnos
Awhh don't worry about it! I'm sure you'll hear soon :smile: I applied for straight History as I'm not quite sure which area I want to focus on completely, just yet.

To be honest I wasn't expecting an offer either! I was eating my breakfast and just casually checked track, my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw "3/5 decisions" rather than "2/5" haha.

Heya! Sorry I am joining rather late, but what grades were you applying with? Sorry if that is a bit nosy.
Original post by augusta_t
Heya! Sorry I am joining rather late, but what grades were you applying with? Sorry if that is a bit nosy.

Heya welcome :tongue:

No not at all, don't be silly.

GCSE: 6A* 6A
AS: A in Economics, A in Geography, B in English Literature and a C in History :angry:
( I mucked one paper up somehow-gonna resit:frown:)
A2 predictions: A* Geography, A history, A Economics and an A* in Welsh Baccalaureate. St A take Welsh Bac as an equivelant to an A level. So A*A*AA.

I hope this is of help :smile:
This is helpful! I have applied for History as well. Not sure if I am going to get an offer. My GCSEs are 2A* 7As 2Bs. And an A in AS Econ, A in History, and a B in English Lit. I guess we'll see!
Original post by tyunnos
Heya welcome :tongue:

No not at all, don't be silly.

GCSE: 6A* 6A
AS: A in Economics, A in Geography, B in English Literature and a C in History :angry:
( I mucked one paper up somehow-gonna resit:frown:)
A2 predictions: A* Geography, A history, A Economics and an A* in Welsh Baccalaureate. St A take Welsh Bac as an equivelant to an A level. So A*A*AA.

I hope this is of help :smile:

Sorry I forgot to tag you, my post is above this one! 😂😂😂
This is helpful! I have applied for History as well. Not sure if I am going to get an offer. My GCSEs are 2A* 7As 2Bs. And an A in AS Econ, A in History, and a B in English Lit. I guess we'll see!

Haha no worries about it!

We have fairly similar grades! I've heard that they are quite big on the personal statement being academic?

If you look on the school of history website they say what they use to decide :smile:

When did you apply?

English lit was the bane of my life! I really enjoyed it but didn't finish the books until a matter of days before the exam :/
Original post by tyunnos
Haha no worries about it!

We have fairly similar grades! I've heard that they are quite big on the personal statement being academic?

If you look on the school of history website they say what they use to decide :smile:

When did you apply?

English lit was the bane of my life! I really enjoyed it but didn't finish the books until a matter of days before the exam :/

I applied around the 22nd of October (not quite sure). My teachers thought my PS was good but I dunno!
I had the worst teacher last year for EngLit, and my class is tiny, but it's alright this year!
Where else did you apply?? 😀
I applied around the 22nd of October (not quite sure). My teachers thought my PS was good but I dunno!
I had the worst teacher last year for EngLit, and my class is tiny, but it's alright this year!
Where else did you apply?? 😀

Oh okay I applied right at the end of September I think something like the 29th.

I'm sure it was!

Oooh wow really? There were 15ish in mine, 3 boys and we all had Bs. Most people got Ds lol.

Bristol
Birmingham
UCL and Oxford but I was rejected from there :colondollar::angry:
Original post by tyunnos
Oh okay I applied right at the end of September I think something like the 29th.

I'm sure it was!

Oooh wow really? There were 15ish in mine, 3 boys and we all had Bs. Most people got Ds lol.

Bristol
Birmingham
UCL and Oxford but I was rejected from there :colondollar::angry:

Well St Andrews is all we have in common uni wise! Eh who cares about Oxford 😂. I have applied to Exeter, Newcastle, Sheffield and Southampton! I have never been to St. Andrews before, but my mum did, and she loved it! If I get an offer I am going to go and visit! I probably won't find out until January though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending