The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspireExcite
It's okay, just a misunderstanding guys, even other websites think the deciles were the maximum scores to be achieved. You looked more thoroughly into it on the official website and now we're all enlightened and probably upped a decile, so thanks!

no problem :smile: I hope you got bumped up a decile 🙂
Original post by Lostperson
no problem :smile: I hope you got bumped up a decile 🙂

yeah mine was real low so it has probs jeopardised my application but I did go up one :smile:))
yeah mine was real low so it has probs jeopardised my application but I did go up one :smile:))

Don't forget kings look at everything holistically - last year they invited scores of 630 .
Reply 983
lol I read it properly . You probably didn't read the italics.

Sorry mate my bad, you just pushed me up 1 decile so thanks for that 👍🏽
Original post by DocPK
Sorry mate my bad, you just pushed me up 1 decile so thanks for that 👍🏽

No problem :smile:! Top decile! You should be proud !! Hopefully you will hear soon! .
I'm quite late. But JUST to clarify: so the figures represented next to each decile represents the MAXIMUM score? I scored 2060 so I had it in my head I just scraped the 8th decile. So then that means a score of 2060 = the top end of the 8th decile? If the latter is the case I should be happy. But I'm even more disappointed that I missed the 9th decile by potentially one question! :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmaduM
I'm quite late. But JUST to clarify: so the figures represented next to each decile represents the MAXIMUM score? I scored 2060 so I had it in my head I just scraped the 8th decile. So then that means a score of 2060 = the top end of the 8th decile? If the latter is the case I should be happy. But I'm even more disappointed that I missed the 9th decile by potentially one question! :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh huh you scored the max for the 8th decile, but that's still a great score! Better than missing a First Class by 1% in your overall degree - ahem, me. LOL
Reply 987
No problem :smile:! Top decile! You should be proud !! Hopefully you will hear soon! .

You too! Sorry about being rude 😳Yeah hopefully, have you heard from kings?
Where else did you apply?
Original post by DocPK
You too! Sorry about being rude 😳Yeah hopefully, have you heard from kings?
Where else did you apply?

No worries! No I haven't . I applied to Glasgow : interview , kings: waiting , Oxford: waiting and Newcastle: waiting. Yourself ? X
Does anyone know the earliest date they interview in January ? For both A100 and A102?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uh huh you scored the max for the 8th decile, but that's still a great score! Better than missing a First Class by 1% in your overall degree - ahem, me. LOL

The pain! I feel you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
[QUOTE="Lostperson;68818008"]No worries! No I haven't . I applied to Glasgow : interview , kings: waiting , Oxford: waiting and Newcastle: waiting. Yourself ? X[/QUOTE

UCL, Kings, Leicester and Manchester.

Just got an interview from Leicester an hour ago.

You must be so smart, how was your bmat. Don't think i will get ucl tbh
Were other people asked to submit their English language test scores when they got an interview? I satisfy King's English language requirements so not sure why I got the message.
Ohh lol wow thanks for taking me to the 9th decile!
[QUOTE="DocPK;68818390"]
No worries! No I haven't . I applied to Glasgow : interview , kings: waiting , Oxford: waiting and Newcastle: waiting. Yourself ? X[/QUOTE

UCL, Kings, Leicester and Manchester.

Just got an interview from Leicester an hour ago.

You must be so smart, how was your bmat. Don't think i will get ucl tbh

wasn't the best...
4.9, 5.2, 3.5A

not hopeful.
Actually, to say that "X belongs to zth decile is a wrong statement. A decile isn't a collection or range, it's simply a point. So a correct statement would be, "My score lies between the 8th and 9th decile" (meaning my score is between the 80th and 90th percentile. In other words, anyone with a score of 2150+ belongs between the 9th and the 10th decile (meaning his/her score is between the 90th and 100th percentile)
Honestly, it won't matter which exact decile ur in whether it be 9th or 8th, King's won't actually check that, it'll be relative to the ukcat scores of their applicants, they say top 25-30% or whatever it is as a rough guideline :smile:
Reply 997
[QUOTE="Lostperson;68819544"]
Original post by DocPK

wasn't the best...
4.9, 5.2, 3.5A

not hopeful.

I think you're could still get in. What were your GCSEs
Yeah why is everyone worrying about deciles? Kings get all the scores of their applicants and take the top 25/30%. Technically if everyone who applied to kings had low scores like low 600s they interview the top of those scores. I really wouldn't worry (or argue lol) about deciles :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aayushrai
Actually, to say that "X belongs to zth decile is a wrong statement. A decile isn't a collection or range, it's simply a point. So a correct statement would be, "My score lies between the 8th and 9th decile" (meaning my score is between the 80th and 90th percentile. In other words, anyone with a score of 2150+ belongs between the 9th and the 10th decile (meaning his/her score is between the 90th and 100th percentile)

You must be fun at parties lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply