The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria University Accommodation - We're here to answer your questions!

Coming to Northumbria University in September? Confused about your accommodation options? Wondering what you can expect from university life here at Northumbria? We're here to answer anything you might want to know :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by NU Accommodation
Coming to Northumbria University in September? Confused about your accommodation options? Wondering what you can expect from university life here at Northumbria? We're here to answer anything you might want to know :smile:

Feel free to help out in my threads :tongue:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by dp247
Feel free to help out in my threads :tongue:

Im going to book accommodation glenamara house. Would anyone be able yo reccoment any floors or rooms that have already been refurbished.
Reply 3
I'm hoping to come to Northumbria in September however I'm stuck between lovaine flats, lovaine halls and Stephenson (they're all I'll be able to afford 😂) I've seen in other threads that lovaine flats are considered the "designated quiet halls" is this true? I'd rather not be in quiet accommodation however I'm swayed towards this accomodation because of the price!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Abbey.c
Im going to book accommodation glenamara house. Would anyone be able yo reccoment any floors or rooms that have already been refurbished.

I think all of the rooms have been refurbished for 2017 as they're all now the same price and only have the refurbished room option that I can see x
Reply 5
Original post by Bee508
I think all of the rooms have been refurbished for 2017 as they're all now the same price and only have the refurbished room option that I can see x

Yeah they were saying "fingers crossed all of the rooms will be refurbished for 2017". I just want to make sure so I don't get there to find that some still haven't been finished.
Reply 6
Original post by Bee508
I'm hoping to come to Northumbria in September however I'm stuck between lovaine flats, lovaine halls and Stephenson (they're all I'll be able to afford 😂) I've seen in other threads that lovaine flats are considered the "designated quiet halls" is this true? I'd rather not be in quiet accommodation however I'm swayed towards this accomodation because of the price!

Have you been to the university yet? I visited stephenson when i went in july and i think it looked very nice. They have lots of facilities in the accomodation. I was told that the lovaine flats have sorta been left behind while improvements have been made to the other accomodations. Students at the university also told me peolle try to go back to stephenson for their second year because they really enjoy living there and the staff are lovely.
Reply 7
Original post by Abbey.c
Have you been to the university yet? I visited stephenson when i went in july and i think it looked very nice. They have lots of facilities in the accomodation. I was told that the lovaine flats have sorta been left behind while improvements have been made to the other accomodations. Students at the university also told me peolle try to go back to stephenson for their second year because they really enjoy living there and the staff are lovely.

I've only been on a campus tour/opening day as I'd be in coach lane and not city campus so it didn't make sense to go into Newcastle for the accommodation tours. I'm not bothered about the accommodation being dated or anything just as long as it wasn't dirty or quiet halls as I've seen some people refer to lovaine as quiet but I'd much rather be in sociable halls. I do really like the look of Stephenson but the only thing making me want to apply for lovaine is the price as I'll be relying on my student loan through the year as I can't work because of placement 😔
Reply 8
Hello there! I was just wondering when do you start applying for accommodation?
I've only had an acknowledgement of my application for Northumbria (that was over a week ago) and it's been my first choice from the start. Which accommodation would you recommend for someone who wants to make a lot of friends, and be pretty social etc.
Reply 10
I'm looking into booking accommodation at camden court but I know the WiFi is only 50Mb instead of 100Mb. I want to know if this is any good. I also noticed there is only 1 fridge, is this correct for all flats? I also want to know what the laundry facilities are like and if there is storage under the bed.
In need of someone to take over my tenancy at Liberty Quay Student Accommodation in Newcastle! Would be ideal for an international student/visitor coming to the UK to study Semester 2 either at Newcastle or Northumbria University.

£129 Per Week.
All Bills Included.
Free WI-FI.
En-Suite Room.
Onsite Laundry + Gym.
10 minute walk to Newcastle University.
5 minute walk to Northumbria University.
Sharing with three girls and two boys with a shared Kitchen.
FLAT WAS NEWLY REFURBISHED THIS SUMMER.

Available to move in asap until 15th July 2017. Message or Comment for more info. Share with anyone that might be interested. Tenant does not have to be a Student. Thank you!
Reply 12
Hey guys, final year work is piling up, so I've only just got round to replying to this thread, but I'll do my best!

Original post by Abbey.c
Yeah they were saying "fingers crossed all of the rooms will be refurbished for 2017". I just want to make sure so I don't get there to find that some still haven't been finished.

I've heard good things about Glenamara pre-refurbishment, but they should be done by 2017 (bare in mind there's still another 9 months or so).

Original post by Bee508

Most of the accommodation has "quiet sections", so as long as you don't ask to be there, you probably won't be.

Original post by Adam9505
Hello there! I was just wondering when do you start applying for accommodation?

You can apply for accommodation after confirming your UCAS offer from Northumbria. For most people that's results day in the summer.

Original post by CarysJSLewis
I've only had an acknowledgement of my application for Northumbria (that was over a week ago) and it's been my first choice from the start. Which accommodation would you recommend for someone who wants to make a lot of friends, and be pretty social etc.

Glenamara, Camden Court and Trinity Square are pretty good socially. Alternatively, you could go somewhere privately owned like Liberty Quay :smile:.

Original post by Abbey.c
I'm looking into booking accommodation at camden court but I know the WiFi is only 50Mb instead of 100Mb. I want to know if this is any good. I also noticed there is only 1 fridge, is this correct for all flats? I also want to know what the laundry facilities are like and if there is storage under the bed.

50MB is fine for WiFi. For your other questions you're probably best emailing the university who'll be able to find the answers to your questions. Their email address is [email protected]

Any more questions, feel free to post!
Original post by dp247
Hey guys, final year work is piling up, so I've only just got round to replying to this thread, but I'll do my best!

I've heard good things about Glenamara pre-refurbishment, but they should be done by 2017 (bare in mind there's still another 9 months or so).

Most of the accommodation has "quiet sections", so as long as you don't ask to be there, you probably won't be.

You can apply for accommodation after confirming your UCAS offer from Northumbria. For most people that's results day in the summer.

Glenamara, Camden Court and Trinity Square are pretty good socially. Alternatively, you could go somewhere privately owned like Liberty Quay :smile:.

50MB is fine for WiFi. For your other questions you're probably best emailing the university who'll be able to find the answers to your questions. Their email address is [email protected]

Any more questions, feel free to post!

I've pretty much decided on Camden Court now :smile: sadly Northumbria still haven't got back to me after the acknowledgement email, so I'm going to contact them soon
I'm looking for accommodation that is quite quiet, not a party person, is there any recommendations anyone could give me. I'm also trying to keep costs quite low too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending