The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starsfly
Freaking out, handed in the task on monday, how long do they take?

I submitted my task about a month ago, I've seen a few people have gotten asked to interview in the last two weeks of so but I've also seen from last year people who didn't get replies till January.
Reply 521
Anybody know if Bartlett call international students to interview? I thought I read somewhere that we are exempted?
Original post by bbglop
Anybody know if Bartlett call international students to interview? I thought I read somewhere that we are exempted?

International students still interview. You're supposed to let them know if you want to interview in your country or the U.K.
Original post by bbglop

I'm an international studying in the U.K and I got interviewed yesterday :smile:
Oooo! How did it go? In line with expectations based on other reports here?
Original post by thewinelake
Oooo! How did it go? In line with expectations based on other reports here?

It was short and sweet in my opinion :smile: the interviewer I had was really nice but because of time restraints (just over 20minutes) , he could only flick through my sketchbooks and ask me a few questions about the portfolio and the task, and also the general why architecture/bartlett etc. I felt comfortable talking to him tho, especially with a portfolio that you know very well bc it's your own work :smile: I would expect the Cambridge one to be much more grilling and intense tho :colonhash:
Yes, so par for the course there. Cambridge will be tougher. You'll have to be able to defend any bold statements you make in the essay and I suspect they'll be less outwardly "friendly". Do you have an idea of your 1, 2, 3 yet?
Yes, so par for the course there. Cambridge will be tougher. You'll have to be able to defend any bold statements you make in the essay and I suspect they'll be less outwardly "friendly". Do you have an idea of your 1, 2, 3 yet?

What was the essay like? for instants was it based on a topic like the environment/sustainability or was it more history??? 🤔
Reply 528
submitted my portfolio on the 30th and now kent want more observational sketches ************Ssnskl
I don't think I should say much about the essay question as it might be being used in forthcoming assessments, but I wouldn't expect it to be about history...
Original post by Hybris
submitted my portfolio on the 30th and now kent want more observational sketches ************Ssnskl

Was your Kent portfolio graphic based

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 531
Original post by eRric_O
Was your Kent portfolio graphic based

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah not really, its more a mix of things.. i could send you the link on PM if you want?
I don't think I should say much about the essay question as it might be being used in forthcoming assessments, but I wouldn't expect it to be about history...

Fair enough! Thanks!
Original post by Hybris
nah not really, its more a mix of things.. i could send you the link on PM if you want?

Sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have an offer from Nottingham? And if you do, how long after submitting your portfolio did you get the offer? I send off my portfolio last week and I'm wondering when I will find out!
Original post by ChrisLion
Does anybody have an offer from Nottingham? And if you do, how long after submitting your portfolio did you get the offer? I send off my portfolio last week and I'm wondering when I will find out!

I have an offer which took them 3.5 weeks to give me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I think Cambridge will be my first if I have an offer, Bath will be second, and Edinburgh will be third/insurance :smile: what about your daughter?
Reply 537
Got an offer from Manchester today, took about 2 weeks from the day I submitted my digital portfolio to get it.
Anyone got an offer from Sheffield?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by czhang1998
Yes I think Cambridge will be my first if I have an offer, Bath will be second, and Edinburgh will be third/insurance :smile: what about your daughter?

The same (but with Cardiff as 3rd). The UCL application seems a bit pointless, but I think she'd like to get an offer there just to show that she could! Edinburgh there just to fill the space now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending