The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Politics Offer Holders 2017

Hey everyone! I received my offer for Politics and International Studies today and I've never been happier:h: Thought I'd create this thread for fellow PAIS applicants for motivation to get the grades and to just chat in general!A bit about me and it'd be cool if fellow PAIS offer holders did the same:wink:
Offer: 3As
A Levels: History, Geography and Government and Politics
What offers do I have so far? Exeter, Lancaster, York and Warwick (waiting on Durham)
Is Warwick your firm choice? YES

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer for Politics+International Studies at Warwick too but I can't decide between Durham and Warwick. Warwick is in a horrendous location (Coventry isn't a nice city and Leamington Spa is rather small) and is just a bunch of concrete really, but the course is better than the course at Durham.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Theawesomejem
Hey everyone! I received my offer for Politics and International Studies today and I've never been happier:h: Thought I'd create this thread for fellow PAIS applicants for motivation to get the grades and to just chat in general!A bit about me and it'd be cool if fellow PAIS offer holders did the same:wink:
What offers do I have so far? Exeter, Lancaster, York and Warwick (waiting on Durham)

hey! I've got an offer at Warwick for Politics (AAA) :h: I can't decide between Exeter and Warwick :frown: what accommodation are you thinking of?
Original post by DatBoi123
I got an offer for Politics+International Studies at Warwick too but I can't decide between Durham and Warwick. Warwick is in a horrendous location (Coventry isn't a nice city and Leamington Spa is rather small) and is just a bunch of concrete really, but the course is better than the course at Durham.

I'm also undecided between the two, I'm going to both offer holder days then I'll decide! Warwick is like 20/30mins ish from Birmingham on the train and 40 in the car! I really loved the campus when I went :h:the location is not so much of a big deal as when you get bored just go to the nice big city nearby haha
Original post by alfie0502
hey! I've got an offer at Warwick for Politics (AAA) :h: I can't decide between Exeter and Warwick :frown: what accommodation are you thinking of?

I also have an offer from Exeter I do love it but I live in the north so it's a good 8 hour drive :s-smilie: I went on the open day and I decided NEVER EVER roots it was horrible:s I know I need an en suite so that narrowed it down I really like Sherbourne, Arthur vick or jack Martin(AV is first choice for me) the course at Exeter is fantastic it's more environment which I like :u: what about you? What accomomdation are you thinking

When did you get an offer and when did you apply? What were your predictions and subjects

Thanks

Original post by alfie0502

I'm also undecided between the two, I'm going to both offer holder days then I'll decide! Warwick is like 20/30mins ish from Birmingham on the train and 40 in the car! I really loved the campus when I went :h:the location is not so much of a big deal as when you get bored just go to the nice big city nearby haha

Same for you guys lolll ^^^^ post above

Cheers
Original post by UltimateLad1
When did you get an offer and when did you apply? What were your predictions and subjects

Thanks

Applied 19th October received 1st December they took so long I thought I'd be hit with a rejection. I also kept on receiving thank you for replying emails from them so when I got my offer I thought it was a thanks for applying email at first lol
Reply 8
I applied on 10th October and got my offer on the 28th. I do Sociology, English Lit and Gov. and Politics. At AS I got ABB, and I'm predicted A*AA (in order). Have you got an offer from Warwick? What other unis have you applied to and what subjects do you do?
Applied 19th October received 1st December they took so long I thought I'd be hit with a rejection. I also kept on receiving thank you for replying emails from them so when I got my offer I thought it was a thanks for applying email at first lol

ahh i applied 15th november so ive got a long wait lol

What were your predictions and subjects?
ahh i applied 15th november so ive got a long wait lol

What were your predictions and subjects?

Predicated A*AA in history geography and politics achieved ABB in AS but it's wiped anyway as I have to redo them :'( wbu? Some people hear back within a day no idea how they do it ahaha
Aaaah, I'm also applying for PAIS- sent my application off on 14th Nov, AS was AAB in Politics, Geography and Psychology, and then predicted in the same order is A*AB. Do you think I could get an offer :s-smilie:
I have offers from Exeter + Birmingham already, just waiting on Warwick and my other two!
Congrats to everyone with offers! Sent UCAS off on the 24th November and got an offer from Warwick on the 28th for PAIS & Hispanic Studies. Offer: AAB, Predicted: AAA, AS grades: AA, studying History, Spanish & Politics at A Level. Got an offer from Kings and waiting on Exeter, Southampton & LSE. Really torn between Kings/Warwick/Exeter loved them all. Leaning towards Jack Martin and Sherbourne for accommodation. I'd go for Bluebell but six grand a year is a bit mental ngl!
Original post by jeeves.sidhu
Congrats to everyone with offers! Sent UCAS off on the 24th November and got an offer from Warwick on the 28th for PAIS & Hispanic Studies. Offer: AAB, Predicted: AAA, AS grades: AA, studying History, Spanish & Politics at A Level. Got an offer from Kings and waiting on Exeter, Southampton & LSE. Really torn between Kings/Warwick/Exeter loved them all. Leaning towards Jack Martin and Sherbourne for accommodation. I'd go for Bluebell but six grand a year is a bit mental ngl!

Hi!

I'm waiting on Kings and Warwick- also got my Exeter offer, and if I do get the other two, I will also be torn between the three! Lol

Well done on your offers :biggrin:
Original post by IRoranth
Hi!

I'm waiting on Kings and Warwick- also got my Exeter offer, and if I do get the other two, I will also be torn between the three! Lol

Well done on your offers :biggrin:

Thanks, you too and good luck for King's and Warwick! Roughly how long did Exeter take to get back to you? And ikr they are all so good, I think I'm leaning slightly towards Kings but I think a campus uni a bit further away from where I live in Kent would be pretty cool too.
Original post by jeeves.sidhu
Thanks, you too and good luck for King's and Warwick! Roughly how long did Exeter take to get back to you? And ikr they are all so good, I think I'm leaning slightly towards Kings but I think a campus uni a bit further away from where I live in Kent would be pretty cool too.

Thanks!
I sent my UCAS application off on the 14th Nov, and they got back to me on 30th Nov, lol
How long did Kings and Warwick take for you? And are you applying for Politics and International Relations or just Politics itself?
Also, Kings is probably my last choice out of the three tbh, since I'm from London and want a lil independence- but I love London to bits! :s-smilie:
Original post by IRoranth
Thanks!
I sent my UCAS application off on the 14th Nov, and they got back to me on 30th Nov, lol
How long did Kings and Warwick take for you? And are you applying for Politics and International Relations or just Politics itself?
Also, Kings is probably my last choice out of the three tbh, since I'm from London and want a lil independence- but I love London to bits! :s-smilie:

My UCAS application was a mess, Applied to PAIS with Spanish at Warwick, Politics with Spanish at Exeter & European Politics (lol) at Kings. I sent UCAS off on 24th Nov, Warwick got back to me 28th and Kings 29th. Yeah I get what you mean, I'm only just outside the M25 so London does feel a bit close but I love it too. I guess I'll decide after all the offer holder days.

Could you message me what you thought of them as I might not be able to visit???
Same for you guys lolll ^^^^ post above

Cheers

I got my offer about a week ago and I applied in early October. I do Politics, Philosophy, History+ Extended Project Qualification. I don't know what my predicted grades are but I got AAAB at AS level. However one of my friends got AAC in his first year and he got an offer for PPE at Warwick
Could you message me what you thought of them as I might not be able to visit???

I will have no money but I think it's important to visit the uni so I'm going to go to all of them. Yes of course! What offer holder days are you thinking of going to? My brain is saying go as early as possible so you can have a good understanding before exam stress hits in...

Quick Reply

Latest