The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A*J
Those who started in Croydon this week, how was your first day? What can we expect for the first week? Hope you're enjoying it so far! :smile:

What grade are you?
Reply 2821
Original post by memoryfish
That's correct I mean Salford TBH, I'm not sure if anyone has started in Manchester which would be ABH

Yea, none starting in Manchester till new year. I cant wait to buddy the new people. :biggrin:
Reply 2822
Original post by Escapalda lamen
Yea it's been brilliant so far. First day was introductons and quick tour of the building. Second day we talked to those who started a few months before us and also allocated to a manager and some it stuff like computer passwords and also building passes. 3rd day was a couple of presentations on the different areas of tax you can choose to go into. Today was more computer desk based with printing tokens given out certain paperwork saved and printed on the computer and also we went through what is expected of staff and what managers/ hmrc will provide to us.

Sounds great! Thanks for the info; pleased you're liking it. I'm starting in a couple of weeks. HO grade :smile: Really looking forward to it. Do you know what time we have off over Christmas? Will we be working between Christmas and New Year?
Original post by A*J
Sounds great! Thanks for the info; pleased you're liking it. I'm starting in a couple of weeks. HO grade :smile: Really looking forward to it. Do you know what time we have off over Christmas? Will we be working between Christmas and New Year?

Unless you book leave you'll be working. Tax doesn't close down for two weeks...
You'll get the standard bank holidays and that's it.
Reply 2824
Original post by Mega0448
Unless you book leave you'll be working. Tax doesn't close down for two weeks...
You'll get the standard bank holidays and that's it.

Ok, thanks!
Reply 2825
Just received my pension form in the post after having my pre-employment checks completed two weeks past last Monday.

Anyone already in post - how long after receiving the form was the formal offer forthcoming?
Original post by ERush
Just received my pension form in the post after having my pre-employment checks completed two weeks past last Monday.

Anyone already in post - how long after receiving the form was the formal offer forthcoming?

Lol now that is the million dollar question. Could take 1 week to 10 months.
Reply 2827
Lol now that is the million dollar question. Could take 1 week to 10 months.

I thought as much! Lol. I gathered that when my pre-employment checks were completed. Was hoping maybe there was some sort of consistency after this.

I'll be application+16 months soon...
Did anyone receive a phone call or email before they started just to confirm whether or not they will be still be turning up on the start day? I havent and am due to start next week
Reply 2829
Original post by ERush
I thought as much! Lol. I gathered that when my pre-employment checks were completed. Was hoping maybe there was some sort of consistency after this.

I'll be application+16 months soon...

I'm on 9+ months. Feeling a bit better now 😂
Original post by missmtk
Did anyone receive a phone call or email before they started just to confirm whether or not they will be still be turning up on the start day? I havent and am due to start next week

I start at Newcastle on Monday (band O) and was emailed at 5pm on Friday. It basically confirmed start time and meeting place.
Reply 2831
Original post by mcmc123
Hi I'm due to start on 12th December in Salford and was wondering if they have parking for employees or where would be the best place to park? Thanks

Hi I'm a O grade starting on the same day! Looking forward to meeting you! I had a quick look there seems to me an underground parking but I don't know whether it's for us to use.
If ur talking about the Salford building then you can't park there. You have to be on the rota to get a space which comes around every 5/6 weeks-ish.
Hi.. does anyone know if HMRC offers there employees sabatical leave (unpaid leave) ? I'm due to go on sabatical leave with my current employer for 3months starting beginning of June. And was wondering if HMRC would allow me to do so even if I started in jan/Feb as I'm still waiting for my start date? Can someone ask their manger for me please? Any help would be appreciated?
Original post by bubblea
I start at Newcastle on Monday (band O) and was emailed at 5pm on Friday. It basically confirmed start time and meeting place.

I didn't get anything so guess il just turn up and hope no ones forgotten lol!
Original post by missmtk
I didn't get anything so guess il just turn up and hope no ones forgotten lol!

Are you at Newcastle too??
Original post by bubblea
Are you at Newcastle too??

Birmingham
Anyone here starting at Croydon on the 12th?
Original post by Lakhtar
Hi.. does anyone know if HMRC offers there employees sabatical leave (unpaid leave) ? I'm due to go on sabatical leave with my current employer for 3months starting beginning of June. And was wondering if HMRC would allow me to do so even if I started in jan/Feb as I'm still waiting for my start date? Can someone ask their manger for me please? Any help would be appreciated?

They do offer it but I don't think you would get it while your in probation.
They do offer it but I don't think you would get it while your in probation.

Thanks memory fish... how much days holiday would I get?

Latest

Trending

Trending