The Student Room Group

Being kicked out of home :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hambi123
I had a friend with the same problem! enrol to a college, and talk to your teacher about it and they might help! They're here for a reason and they do make sure you're safe and because you're 18 get a part time job and the government might give you like a flat. You have the right to move out without your dads permission, he sounds really harsh! I'm sorry you're going through this you don't deserve it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the kind words, I'm going to break free, one way or another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by castmesoftly
Sounds like the best plan for me. I just got SMS from my dad...

Posting it now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1478616307968.jpg
Way to find out you're being distanced from parents who don't even want you there...he doesn't even want me visiting the family again!! I ****ING HATE HIM 'HE SAYS I'LL BE HAPPY TO KNOW' AND HE KNOWS I WANT TO SEE MY SIBLINGS AGAIN I swear someone just needs to kill him or something. Just end it. I don't want to do this anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1478616307968.jpg
Way to find out you're being distanced from parents who don't even want you there...he doesn't even want me visiting the family again!! I ****ING HATE HIM 'HE SAYS I'LL BE HAPPY TO KNOW' AND HE KNOWS I WANT TO SEE MY SIBLINGS AGAIN I swear someone just needs to kill him or something. Just end it. I don't want to do this anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are your siblings all younger than you? That's awful, hopefully they will be able to come over here and see you.
Original post by WBZ144
Are your siblings all younger than you? That's awful, hopefully they will be able to come over here and see you.

Sorry for late reply. Most are younger, yes 😭.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anyone's still alive, no updates yet. Still waiting to see if my dad's leave is approved or not. If it is then he's coming right here... 😷

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing new. I've been emailing my sister back home and she said they're getting flak from my parents over all of this 😞😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it's okay. I'm in the UK, since dad cancelled return tickets and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So so sorry I didn't see your post. Yes I live with uncle. No one to talk to here. I just want out and away. Nah we all kinda the same, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm new here. I live in the UK and my dad is again threatening to kick me out of the home. He's done it before, but I'm sure this time it'll be permanent.

I can't take it anymore, even if he doesn't kick me out I may end up leaving anyway. He's horrble, despicable and VERY unfit to be a parent.

I would have left a long time ago but England is cold and I don't know where to go or what to do. Also I'll miss my baby sister growing up.

I've been searching online for help, bu I've yet to find anything.

I'm hoping some people here can assist a brother :frown:

Some details about me: born UK, moved to Saudi when I was 4, now in England at 18, returning to Saudi in 3 days to sort out visa, then coming back to UK permanently. (My dad may even kick me out of the house in Saudi, I really don't know about my future...)

Any solid help at all would be immensely appreciated.

Much love, Alan.

Update: now I need legal advice.1480773463374.jpg

What's the procedure for an offense filed by the BTP?

I think I'm in trouble.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha sorry. Umm so I was on the train tracks, police came, put me in a van, drove me home eventually. Now there's something about a return checkup.
I thought about it. Suicide, I mean. No one here knows what happened, I haven't told anyone. If the policeman shows up at my door, they'll know then, I guess.
Samaritans? Which samaritans? :∆
Reply 92
Samaritans? Which samaritans? :∆

------ gives good advice.The Samaritans is a long established service that tries to help people. They are non-judgemental and are there to listen. They will help you.

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you
call free any time, from any phone on 116 123.(UK)
(edited 3 years ago)
I thought about it. Suicide, I mean. No one here knows what happened, I haven't told anyone. If the policeman shows up at my door, they'll know then, I guess.

there are is emergency housing, hostels, B&B, try that ...
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. You have been treated very badly but that is not your fault. Where are you staying currently?

Where, in the country, are you, may I ask?
Hi I'm new here. I live in the UK and my dad is again threatening to kick me out of the home. He's done it before, but I'm sure this time it'll be permanent.

I can't take it anymore, even if he doesn't kick me out I may end up leaving anyway. He's horrble, despicable and VERY unfit to be a parent.

I would have left a long time ago but England is cold and I don't know where to go or what to do. Also I'll miss my baby sister growing up.

I've been searching online for help, bu I've yet to find anything.

I'm hoping some people here can assist a brother :frown:

Some details about me: born UK, moved to Saudi when I was 4, now in England at 18, returning to Saudi in 3 days to sort out visa, then coming back to UK permanently. (My dad may even kick me out of the house in Saudi, I really don't know about my future...)

Any solid help at all would be immensely appreciated.

Much love, Alan.

Go to the council first thing Monday early at 9am to avoid long queues
Ask your dad first if he can write a short note saying he has kicked you out then he needs to sign it at the bottom and put the date
You should get the note first before going council, if you can't get the note just go to council anyway but you must pretend you have already been kicked out or they will not help you. You can just say you were kicked out on Sunday or Monday 8am
If you use Sunday just say you slept on the street outside a shop door.
If they ask if you have friends or family to put you up just say no

If they can't help you then ask them if they can refer you to the charity housing association and ask for that number too because I have seen programmes on TV called How To Get A Council House and when the council can't help people they refer them to the housing charity instead and people got 1 bedroom flats or a bedsit
Type the name of that programme on You Tube to watch it

My mum used to threaten to kick me out so I was fed up of hearing that and scared incase she ever did so I just took action straight away by asking for a note, at first she did not want to do it but after a few days she did so I got my flat when I asked my mum to write me a note saying she has kicked me out but this was many years ago so I don't know if it will still work but no harm trying it
I only knew about asking for a note from whoever owns the property fro another girl but if she had not told me how to get a council flat I would not have my own place now.
Don't wait for things to get worse with your dad cos if he threw you out on a weekend or in the evening you would have nowhere to go so best to go council soon as possible or if you must wait til your dad gets home Monday get the note then go council Tuesday but if he can do it Monday morning before he goes work then ask him first

I did not read all of your replies so I thought you were living with your dad but you can still use the same advice I gave by getting your uncle to write the note but the council will ring him to ask if he is kicking you out so you need to make sure he says he is too. It's best to try to get your own place now just incase things don't work out with your uncle and while it's easier to get a flat this way for some people.
Original post by marple
------ gives good advice.The Samaritans is a long established service that tries to help people. They are non-judgemental and are there to listen. They will help you.

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you
call free any time, from any phone on 116 123.(UK)

Thanks so much. I'll try use it maybe. I should.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Malfunction
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. You have been treated very badly but that is not your fault. Where are you staying currently?

Where, in the country, are you, may I ask?

Thanks for the kind words friend, I'm in Manchester rn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Judge Jules
Go to the council first thing Monday early at 9am to avoid long queues
Ask your dad first if he can write a short note saying he has kicked you out then he needs to sign it at the bottom and put the date
You should get the note first before going council, if you can't get the note just go to council anyway but you must pretend you have already been kicked out or they will not help you. You can just say you were kicked out on Sunday or Monday 8am
If you use Sunday just say you slept on the street outside a shop door.
If they ask if you have friends or family to put you up just say no

If they can't help you then ask them if they can refer you to the charity housing association and ask for that number too because I have seen programmes on TV called How To Get A Council House and when the council can't help people they refer them to the housing charity instead and people got 1 bedroom flats or a bedsit
Type the name of that programme on You Tube to watch it

My mum used to threaten to kick me out so I was fed up of hearing that and scared incase she ever did so I just took action straight away by asking for a note, at first she did not want to do it but after a few days she did so I got my flat when I asked my mum to write me a note saying she has kicked me out but this was many years ago so I don't know if it will still work but no harm trying it
I only knew about asking for a note from whoever owns the property fro another girl but if she had not told me how to get a council flat I would not have my own place now.
Don't wait for things to get worse with your dad cos if he threw you out on a weekend or in the evening you would have nowhere to go so best to go council soon as possible or if you must wait til your dad gets home Monday get the note then go council Tuesday but if he can do it Monday morning before he goes work then ask him first

I think this is a last-resort? 😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending