The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Policy Analyst Graduate Scheme 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm expecting it will be pretty difficult given the only stage after this is an assessment centre and they have to whittle everyone down into about 80 candidates!
Original post by mjbx
I'm expecting it will be pretty difficult given the only stage after this is an assessment centre and they have to whittle everyone down into about 80 candidates!

That's the next stage?! Wow I thought there'd be so much more in between this and the assessment centre!
Reply 22
I know!! I just went on the website to see what would be next if I pass the tests and it's the assessment centre. No video interview which I'm pleased about but it definitely means a slim chance of passing these tests I think
No; you have to reach a benchmark in these tests, they will use this together with the competency based question answered within the initial application form (which is based on the CS competency framework)
Reply 24
Just did the tests. What did people think? Tougher than I expected but manageable. Maths was fine bar one, verbal was okay except the ever looming 'false' vs 'cannot say' conundrum....
Reply 25
Original post by sacklet
Just did the tests. What did people think? Tougher than I expected but manageable. Maths was fine bar one, verbal was okay except the ever looming 'false' vs 'cannot say' conundrum....

Did you receive an invitation for both numerical and verbal reasoning tests? In my email it only says numerical but I'm scared I'll go to take it and it will be a verbal test as well!
Reply 26
Original post by 21ringro
Did you receive an invitation for both numerical and verbal reasoning tests? In my email it only says numerical but I'm scared I'll go to take it and it will be a verbal test as well!

You should have got two separate emails inviting you to take each test separately? At least that's what I got :smile:
You get 2 emails but in they ended up in the same thread as mine so I just go on the numerical reasoning email and scroll down? If that makes sense? Basically assume you have to do both.

How did everyone find the tests? Is there anything it compares to in terms of difficulty?
So confused, I only got sent the numerical test? I've done it and not got the literacy one. Wondering if because my degree is in a written subject that's why? Very odd...
Original post by 21ringro

I only got numerical!
Reply 30
check your junk, I got one of each test in my inbox and one in my junk main
Original post by hydar101
check your junk, I got one of each test in my inbox and one in my junk main

I did, nothing there either :s so strange
After emailing them I got sent the verbal
Anyone else just get the rejection email from HM Treasury?

Quite surprised I failed at this stage but I guess they did need to whittle the numbers down significantly.

Good luck to the rest of you :smile:
Have been a silent follower of the thread since submitting my application a few weeks ago....

Done the numerical and verbal, not heard anything as yet, the Treasury website says that invites to the AC will be sent out on w/c 19th Dec, so I guess that for now no news is good news?

Anyone find it a bit odd that there's no portal or anything to double check against?
Original post by explosion93
Anyone else just get the rejection email from HM Treasury?

Quite surprised I failed at this stage but I guess they did need to whittle the numbers down significantly.

Good luck to the rest of you :smile:

Really? I haven't heard anything yet but wouldn't be surprised if I failed at this stage too.

Original post by SwilliamsIOM
Have been a silent follower of the thread since submitting my application a few weeks ago.... Done the numerical and verbal, not heard anything as yet, the Treasury website says that invites to the AC will be sent out on w/c 19th Dec, so I guess that for now no news is good news? Anyone find it a bit odd that there's no portal or anything to double check against?

I think it's odd too! I keep thinking that I've somehow misplaced my log-in or something, but then I realise that there is no log in, like the civil service.
The only reason I can imagine that I got a faster response is that I applied for the April Intake, not the September one.

But yeah, the email said I hadn't scored over their benchmark.
Reply 37
Just got an email to say I passed. :smile: Now for the paper sift!
Original post by sacklet
Just got an email to say I passed. :smile: Now for the paper sift!

Did you apply for the April or September intake, if you don't mind me asking?

I applied for September and am wordering if I need to start checking my emails more regularly, if they're releasing results already!

And congrats 🙂
Original post by SwilliamsIOM
Did you apply for the April or September intake, if you don't mind me asking?

I applied for September and am wordering if I need to start checking my emails more regularly, if they're releasing results already!

And congrats 🙂

I also applied for September and just got an email to say I passed the tests. Check your email!

Quick Reply

Latest