The Student Room Group

Pregnancy and Parenting Society Mark II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
38+1 now. Baby still hasn't dropped. Still nauseous. Not getting great sleep but I can deal with that.

Curious as to who this little one is...

Not long now!
38+1 now. Baby still hasn't dropped. Still nauseous. Not getting great sleep but I can deal with that.

Curious as to who this little one is...

Needs a bit longer to cook to be even bigger than Sammie! :tongue:

The twins are 6 months today - hurrah! & now seem to seek each other's hands touch & smile at each other. :love:
Remember this being a real turning point of things getting much easier with their big sister... Although harder to babyproof now with all the preschooler choking hazardw around the place and risk of mobilizing in opposite direction - so we've rearranged furniture so we can pen them in with a travel cot as the gate!
Needs a bit longer to cook to be even bigger than Sammie! :tongue:

The twins are 6 months today - hurrah! & now seem to seek each other's hands touch & smile at each other. :love:
Remember this being a real turning point of things getting much easier with their big sister... Although harder to babyproof now with all the preschooler choking hazardw around the place and risk of mobilizing in opposite direction - so we've rearranged furniture so we can pen them in with a travel cot as the gate!

Hehe, I'm not sure I can recommend going that far overdue or growing one quite so big! He is lovely and squishy though :love:

And in other news, finally exchanged contracts on our house, so hopefully moving very soon! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No thank you, I'm not sure my pelvic floor could cope with a baby that size. Still we'll see soon enough.

Had a hypnobirthing class today, I'm sure some of things will be useful :smile:
Thank you.

We have had an ordeal of a first three weeks. Max was not quite right from day zero, nothing in particular just not right. Day 5 we got amditted for 36 hours due to jaundice and poor feeding, got him to an acceptable feedimg schedule so sent home. Day 15 he stopped feeding all together after 14 days of battling every feed. Got admitted 11pm at night on day 15 and finally got released today on day 23. After tests, including a lumbar puncture, turns out he had a nasty infection in his blood. A ng tube, fluids and Three cannulas later, on a baby who was even harder than normal to get them in, we are nearly finished on a 10 day course of antibiotics. He is now feeding properly and alert and happy to be held and like a normal baby that he had not been until this point.

Very very thankful for our local childrens unit for putting all the subtle symptoms together and realising something wasn't right and properly investigating as we could easily have had a different outcome. Also worth saying to always trust your instincts.

Now to fix chelsea-grace's chest infection!
Somehow I am now mum to a 1yr old... Can't quite believe how fast the last year has gone by and that this time last year I was still in theatre with a teeny baby that had been born half an hour before!
Somehow I am now mum to a 1yr old... Can't quite believe how fast the last year has gone by and that this time last year I was still in theatre with a teeny baby that had been born half an hour before!

(Try that again without the anon box ticked...)
Original post by Hygeia

Time really does fly. Isaac is now nearly two and a half and I often wonder where the time goes
Original post by Hygeia

Happy birthday Tor! Hope you had lots of fun.

We're getting on ok, just struggling with being in a new house and nothing being properly sorted out. Spend half my time in a state of paranoia about his feeding/weight too. :frown:

We're getting on ok, just struggling with being in a new house and nothing being properly sorted out. Spend half my time in a state of paranoia about his feeding/weight too.

(de-anoned again)
Original post by Helenia

We're getting on ok, just struggling with being in a new house and nothing being properly sorted out. Spend half my time in a state of paranoia about his feeding/weight too.

(de-anoned again)

Is he having problems with his feeding?
Original post by randdom
Is he having problems with his feeding?

Realistically, probably not, but it's the thing I've latched onto (hohoho) to be anxious about. He lost weight at the start, so I had to give him top-ups of expressed milk, but then started gaining well, so they were happy for me to just feed normally. Gained well, then crossed a centile line, then gained well again at his last check 2 weeks ago. I just get paranoid because a couple of other friends' babies seem to have grown more, and the last couple of days he's got more fussy about one side, latching ok but pulling off and whinging frequently, so I'm not sure what's going on.

As we've moved house, I also need to register with a new GP, as the baby clinic is miles away now!
Gah! That above is me!
Realistically, probably not, but it's the thing I've latched onto (hohoho) to be anxious about. He lost weight at the start, so I had to give him top-ups of expressed milk, but then started gaining well, so they were happy for me to just feed normally. Gained well, then crossed a centile line, then gained well again at his last check 2 weeks ago. I just get paranoid because a couple of other friends' babies seem to have grown more, and the last couple of days he's got more fussy about one side, latching ok but pulling off and whinging frequently, so I'm not sure what's going on.

As we've moved house, I also need to register with a new GP, as the baby clinic is miles away now!
Don't worry about what other people's babies are doing. It sounds to me like he's doing fine - if the 'fussiness' about one side persists it might be worth a word at the clinic when you get there, but it's almost certainly just one of those many things that come and go. You're probably a bit unsettled still yourself after the move (there's no way I would have attempted it with a newborn - a toddler was bad enough!) and even more sensitive to small changes than usual.
Ohhh I forgot to update!

After 8 months of horrendous hyperemesis I had an extremely quick labour (2.5 hrs) and am now mummy to a beautiful baby boy who is one month old today. I'm loving being at home with him and after a few issues with feeding we're starting to get into our stride.
Ohhh I forgot to update!

After 8 months of horrendous hyperemesis I had an extremely quick labour (2.5 hrs) and am now mummy to a beautiful baby boy who is one month old today. I'm loving being at home with him and after a few issues with feeding we're starting to get into our stride.

Congratulations!

I have a 12 week old myself! Amazing, isn't it? :smile:
Original post by Hygeia

Happy Birthday/Birth-aversary!

Helen - "Comparison is the thief of joy!" But if you're going to compare them were their babies the same birthweights as yours? As long as he's gaining I wouldn't worry too much - he might just be tracking down (because being so well cooked gave an artifically high start weight) to his line...
The confidence interval height range for you & DH is probably massive!

I could probably un-Anon for TSR purposes but thinking our offspring pattern might be a bit IRL outing...

Anyway - we're ticking along. I'm enjoying maternity leave more now we have a part-time but live in Nanny! Boys are nearly on the move though so need to find a good spacious playpen... Any suggestions? I just let PFB crawl after me. She is now having terrible 3s/being a threen-ager!
Ohhh I forgot to update!

Yay, congratulations! Hope you're all settling in well. He's gorgeous.

Anonymous
Helen - "Comparison is the thief of joy!" But if you're going to compare them were their babies the same birthweights as yours? As long as he's gaining I wouldn't worry too much - he might just be tracking down (because being so well cooked gave an artifically high start weight) to his line...
The confidence interval height range for you & DH is probably massive!

I could probably un-Anon for TSR purposes but thinking our offspring pattern might be a bit IRL outing...

Anyway - we're ticking along. I'm enjoying maternity leave more now we have a part-time but live in Nanny! Boys are nearly on the move though so need to find a good spacious playpen... Any suggestions? I just let PFB crawl after me. She is now having terrible 3s/being a threen-ager!

Yes, I'm trying not to worry too much, and his feeding picked up again over the weekend so hopefully it was just a blip - or him trying to increase supply with all the pulling off/on behaviour. Had a bit of a fail with EBM bottle today though :s:

My tiny terror also just dropped a centile and its triggered a major feeding paranoia. She is three pounds lighter than the other babies who are the same age who we go to baby massage with. She is almost 17 weeks and I'm hoping she will have hit 12lb by now (she was 11lb 11oz last week). She looks perfectly in proportion though, her dad is only slight so I think she just takes after his side of the family. Hoping for a decent gain before next weeks advisory weight check, poor kid can barely mutter without having a boob shoved in her mouth right now!
Original post by memifer
My tiny terror also just dropped a centile and its triggered a major feeding paranoia. She is three pounds lighter than the other babies who are the same age who we go to baby massage with. She is almost 17 weeks and I'm hoping she will have hit 12lb by now (she was 11lb 11oz last week). She looks perfectly in proportion though, her dad is only slight so I think she just takes after his side of the family. Hoping for a decent gain before next weeks advisory weight check, poor kid can barely mutter without having a boob shoved in her mouth right now!

Mine has been big right from the start (he was 12lb three weeks ago, at 7w3d!) so it's not his overall size that I'm worried about, but the rate of gain - there's always something, isn't there?! I think I'll get him weighed at the local baby clinic on Weds to see how we're getting on. He definitely has good and bad feeding days, and on the bad ones I get worried...

Quick Reply

Latest