The Student Room Group

Predicted grades compared to AS grades

Scroll to see replies

Original post by D star
Hey, I hope this is some what good news but due to the changes, such as the linear exams not all unis take into acount As as much such as birmingham as not all schools do it, so dont get too down, my grades were not good at all (mainly Cs) and i got predicted 3 As and a B.Within a week of me getting my ucas sent off i have gotten 3 offers from quite good unis majority top 20 (such as east anglia which ranked 9th for my suject) . Dont get too down, your personal statement and your refernces all do make a big impact, just work hard this year!

The personal statement and reference makes a big impact if you are able to meet the entry requirements of the course, or at least be a max of one grade off. Those two are used to differentiate the candidates, for example two people with AAA predicted grades for an AAA course.. if you're predicted ABC for example, and the course requirement is AAA it wouldn't really matter if you had a great personal statement because you don't meet the academic criteria (unless you get a contextual offer).
Reply 21
Original post by azizadil1998
Are the subjects you took reformed on unreformed A Levels? If they are reformed then uni's don't look at your AS because you wouldn't have taken a 'real' exam

The AS in a reformed subject IS a real exam.
Reply 22
Are the subjects you took reformed on unreformed A Levels? If they are reformed then uni's don't look at your AS because you wouldn't have taken a 'real' exam

They are all the new reformed a-levels except maths which I'm re-doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaitrip
They are all the new reformed a-levels except maths which I'm re-doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Universities won't believe your predictions after looking at your AS grades
Original post by staircase
Universities won't believe your predictions after looking at your AS grades

Original post by jneill
The AS in a reformed subject IS a real exam.

Yeah but i mean the as exams don't Count towards the final grade so do you have to declare them??
Reply 25
Yeah but i mean the as exams don't Count towards the final grade so do you have to declare them??

You have to declare them.
Original post by jneill
You have to declare them.

oh thanks for correcting me then. Wasn't actually sure lol but from what I thought it wasnt like that, now i know XD
Original post by jamestg
Getting your predictions higher will be counterproductive, it will do the complete opposite of making your application stronger.

There is the risk that the universities will consider the predictions unrealistic. However, considering OP's AS grades and that her predicted grades don't meet the predictions, she has pretty much no chance at the moment. The only thing that would increase the chances is if the predictions met the course requirements.

And even then it's a very long shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending