The Student Room Group

Political compass test

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Orbital Rising
chart.png

*Tips Ushanka* m'comrade
Original post by Connor27
*Tips Ushanka* m'comrade

I think I'm closer to the top left corner so I'll try again.

Edit: oh you dirty libertarian.
(edited 7 years ago)
chart 2.png
chart.png
Too many ayyy weed lmao greens and red commies in this thread. Blue/Purple Master Race.
Political Chart.pngMakes sense :biggrin:

dis me
I don't know what this means:tongue: but yeah
Original post by Airmed
Proper leftie! :tongue:

Fr man
Original post by DarkEnergy

Is there anything I can say to make you join the dark side?
chart 2.png

*Audible Disgust*
Is there anything I can say to make you join the dark side?

Haha, in which direction would that be? edit: just seen your post. I'm guessing that would be further North West haha

To be honest I don't think too much of this, I didn't really understand some of the questions and every political test I do seems to contradict each other.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AperfectBalance
The Future.

You are correct.
chart 2.png

comrade pls
You are correct.

Standard Commie, always fabricating lies. Whats next you executing my whole family for being enemies of the state.

131.png
Original post by DarkEnergy
Haha, in which direction would that be? edit: just seen your post. I'm guessing that would be further North West haha

To be honest I don't think too much of this, I didn't really understand some of the questions and every political test I do seems to contradict each other.

Yes this test isn't that good but it got my position right. Maybe I can persuade you...

What the libertarian left or Communists want is a post-scarcity economy where they 3D print expensive cars and champagne and live a life of unrestricted hedonism until they die. Now hedonism sounds good but it would get boring very quickly and people would become weak and wasteful. There has to be more to life, some kind of guiding purpose for developing society. Hedonism is stagnation.

I can tell from your avatar that you love science and probably by extension science fiction. Now imagine concepts from science fiction like massive spacecraft, Dyson spheres, ringworlds were possible. Libertarians would not be able to build them. You'd need a state. But not just any state: a totalitarian state where everybody is equally valued and everybody works hard for a collective purpose. Then you will see the monuments of human civilization in all of their beauty.

Just my thoughts on this matter.
@Airmed

You might find this interesting, it relates to the political compass

Reply 117
Original post by Zargabaath
@Airmed

You might find this interesting, it relates to the political compass

I border on centrism. :smug: Actually is really interesting though, thank you!
I've become more left wing as I've grown older it seems

I can tell from your avatar that you love science and probably by extension science fiction. Now imagine concepts from science fiction like massive spacecraft, Dyson spheres, ringworlds were possible. Libertarians would not be able to build them. You'd need a state. But not just any state: a totalitarian state where everybody is equally valued and everybody works hard for a collective purpose. Then you will see the monuments of human civilization in all of their beauty.

Just my thoughts on this matter.

Thanks for the response. I'm not of voting age yet so I still have quite some time to inform myself more and form my political viewpoints.

However, with this totalitarianism you describe, wouldn't it be very easy for things to go wrong? I've just read up on it briefly and it seems that totalitarianism goes beyond a dictatorship, and sets an ideology of devotion to a certain political party in a process akin to brainwashing.

I mean in a perfect world, it does seem good as everything would get done efficiently with no bureaucracy in the way, but how do you ensure that bad decisions don't get made? What if the political party becomes power-crazy or corrupt?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending