The Student Room Group

Bank of England Graduate Development Program 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by loritta124
What area is everyone applying to??

If I remember properly in the application there was no possibility to choose a specific area...
Original post by giovy04
If I remember properly in the application there was no possibility to choose a specific area...

That is true, except for the Technology Stream.
Technology stream was separate from the rest, isn't it?
Original post by vachhani
That is true, except for the Technology Stream.
Technology stream was separate from the rest, isn't it?

Yeah, I think so. I've applied for the Actuarial development stream which was also separate from the rest.
Original post by giovy04

I meant the what area would everyone want to work in??
Just done my interview, thought it was very reasonable to be honest! Might not get through because lots of people have probably done well but I thought that was exactly the kind of interview that was a mix of flaunting knowledge of the place you want to work and flaunting yourself.

Good luck everybody!
Reply 65
I know no one wants to give an advantage by giving away questions- but I've just landed back in the UK and had 0 time to do any research. If anyone could send over any help I'd be hugely appreciative. Even how many conpetency/ technical. Or how long the questions are ! You'd be really helping a girl out. Thanks !
Look at the glassdoor reviews, shouldn't take more then 5 minutes to find them.
Reply 67
Did anyone else not get the second email saying we can disregard the previous dates outlined in your invitation email to complete your video interview? So we don't have to complete it by tonight?
Reply 68
Original post by ani333
Did anyone else not get the second email saying we can disregard the previous dates outlined in your invitation email to complete your video interview? So we don't have to complete it by tonight?

Yeah just saw it. Dont think we have to do it today then!
Reply 69
Is everyone else doing it tonight or leaving it till next week?
Reply 70
Original post by Knocky24
Is everyone else doing it tonight or leaving it till next week?

I'm not sure :/ i kinda want to do it tonight to get it out of the way but wouldn't mind having more time to practice.
Wait what? What did that email say?

I got one saying the assessment centre dates are after new year but nothing saying the deadline was moved?!
Reply 72
Direct quote from the email

"If you are successful at the your video interview and invited to attend an assessment centre these will be held in early 2017 in central London. Please disregard the previous dates outlined in your invitation email to complete your video interview."

to me this clearly says I have more time, but to be sure ill contact them tomorrow and definitely do it by Tuesday.

"If you are successful at the your video interview and invited to attend an assessment centre these will be held in early 2017 in central London. Please disregard the previous dates outlined in your invitation email to complete your video interview."

to me this clearly says I have more time, but to be sure ill contact them tomorrow and definitely do it by Tuesday.

I understood this to mean that it was simply saying ignore the AC dates in the email about completing your interview, not that the interview had been moved, because otherwise surely they'd provide a new deadline to complete it by?
Reply 74
Original post by Historicity
I understood this to mean that it was simply saying ignore the AC dates in the email about completing your interview, not that the interview had been moved, because otherwise surely they'd provide a new deadline to complete it by?

Yeah get what your trying to say. Such a poorly worded email!
Reply 75

I would suggest you to complete the video interview today, because in my opinion it is referring to the dates of the AC, not the deadline of the video interview.
Reply 76
Lol, they said to disregard the assessment centre days given in the email referring to the video interview, I hope you don't do it hen I have more chance of progressing 😅😅
Reply 77
Original post by Lay-Z
Lol, they said to disregard the assessment centre days given in the email referring to the video interview, I hope you don't do it hen I have more chance of progressing 😅😅

Did the interview. Dont worry, I proper messed it up, no way am I getting through

Word of advice to all, watch the time!
Reply 78
Surely they have to take gold test scores into account also for the ACs.. I hope so because while my video interview was ok, it certainly wasn't special
Did the interview. Dont worry, I proper messed it up, no way am I getting through

Word of advice to all, watch the time!

I found it weird how they allocated the time, it seemed the wrong way round for some, the last question was far too little time for something of that scope!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending