The Student Room Group

Does anyone here go to Charterhouse School (or know anyone who does)

I don't know where to put this, but I'm *supposed* to be going to Charterhouse sixth form this September, but my parents have found these articles saying the school's pretty dodgy.

This honestly, is really upsetting. My parents now don't want me to go, and I have practically have no other school to go to. It's a brilliant school too. So, if you have any connections with the school could you explain what's been going on, and if it is safe to go? Thanks so much. (I don't know if I'll even get any replies)
Reply 1
Original post by laura5746352
I don't know where to put this, but I'm *supposed* to be going to Charterhouse sixth form this September, but my parents have found these articles saying the school's pretty dodgy.

This honestly, is really upsetting. My parents now don't want me to go, and I have practically have no other school to go to. It's a brilliant school too. So, if you have any connections with the school could you explain what's been going on, and if it is safe to go? Thanks so much. (I don't know if I'll even get any replies)

sorry i couldn't help out! i'm in a similar predicament now, and I was wondering how much the admin issues (apparently the head is leaving??) have affected the school. I'm planning on doing the IB & I'm worried that the school admin issues might turn out to be a huge problem >.<
Original post by fiont
sorry i couldn't help out! i'm in a similar predicament now, and I was wondering how much the admin issues (apparently the head is leaving??) have affected the school. I'm planning on doing the IB & I'm worried that the school admin issues might turn out to be a huge problem >.<

I have friends that are there. It is fine dw :smile: they are all doing well I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by wolfmoon88
I have friends that are there. It is fine dw :smile: they are all doing well I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! I was really worried because I heard they were firing teachers and staff left & right, and from what I've heard success in the IBDP really depends on the staff >.<
Original post by fiont
thanks! I was really worried because I heard they were firing teachers and staff left & right, and from what I've heard success in the IBDP really depends on the staff >.<

Depends, if you have good organization skills, The staff doesn't matter as much (current IB student)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by wolfmoon88
Depends, if you have good organization skills, The staff doesn't matter as much (current IB student)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(sorry for asking so many qs!!) how's the general teaching quality? is there still enough staff support for CAS, EE, etc? I'm really worried about CAS (esp the major project) as it might be harder to organise a huge project when at boarding school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending