The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Billy_Boi
Do Imperial use your BMAT essay at interview?

No they don't
Original post by Shanx2
Thanks! I'm really worried about the 4.5 though. I've just been trying to compare the means based on the distribution-which is proving to be unsatisfying and inaccurate...do you think I can call admissions to ask whether they know the cut off or will it be a secret?

I relate with this so hard, my lowest section was also 4.5 (in Section 2), so I was really worried and also comparing the distribution graphs lol. But whatever happens, happens, so guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Do let me know what they say if you ring up though :smile:
I wish you didn't have to meet the cut off in all 3 sections.

I'll probably meet 2 cut offs but definitely not the 3rd...
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
I wish you didn't have to meet the cut off in all 3 sections.

I'll probably meet 2 cut offs but definitely not the 3rd...

That's the tough bit about Imperial. You have to be consistent in all 3 sections and that's why so many people miss the cut-off and get rejected straight away
Original post by the-enforcer
That's the tough bit about Imperial. You have to be consistent in all 3 sections and that's why so many people miss the cut-off and get rejected straight away

Yeah my lowest score is 3.7 which definitely won't meet a cut off so I expect a straight rejection...
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
Yeah my lowest score is 3.7 which definitely won't meet a cut off so I expect a straight rejection...

Unlucky mate. If it's any consolation, I knew a guy who was rejected from Imperial the first time because of his BMAT score and he's now a 2nd year medic
I hope I meet the cut off for section 1 but it seems unlikely with a score of 4.3 :frown:

I hope I don't have to wait till January to find out.
Will it only be Band 1 and 2s who get their interviews sent tomorrow or can Band 3 people get interviews tomorrow too? I'm asking if in the past this has been the case?
Guys! Any updates? Anyone got any interview invites?
Original post by AspiringSword
Guys! Any updates? Anyone got any interview invites?

I'm guessing there will be invites sent out at 5?
All I want for Christmas is an interview! I don't want to work as a phlebotomist for the rest of my life
How do we know that interviews will be sent out today??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received a mail saying that interview invites will be sent out from DEC 5th onwards....
Reply 313
I'm hoping to get an interview invitation today but I doubt it, good luck everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 314
Original post by AspiringSword
I received a mail saying that interview invites will be sent out from DEC 5th onwards....

How's ur BMAT? Just curious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any interview invitations received?? They said from 5th Dec, right?
Why am I still watching this thread when I'm going to get rejected lol. It like I'm torturing myself 😂
Reply 317
Original post by Picturesque2016
Any interview invitations received?? They said from 5th Dec, right?

Yeah that's what they said in the email, damn I'm nervous lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CutieTootsie
Why am I still watching this thread when I'm going to get rejected lol. It like I'm torturing myself 😂

Me too! Why do I do this to myself 😭
Reply 319
I'm afraid my s1 won't make the cut off 😭😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending