The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill University Interview

Hi guys! So, I've applied for a primary education degree at Edge Hill university and I'm at a loss about how to even prepare for the interview. There seems to be a lot of tests and different tasks as well as a requirement to know about modern day issues facing teachers and the curriculum. Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 1
Hey, I don't know if you've had your interview yet, but I was in the exact same boat- I had my interview this week! Seriously don't worry too much... I just closely followed what it said on their website. Something I'd suggest is searching KS2 English, maths & science on bbc bitesize just to brush up haha. I've now got an offer and making it my firm choice! Good luck :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
I've got my interview on Tuesday 😅 Really nervous about the subject tests but hopefully it should all be ok. Well done by the way
Reply 3
Original post by Chloe6789
I've got my interview on Tuesday 😅 Really nervous about the subject tests but hopefully it should all be ok. Well done by the way

Good luck! The subject tests aren't very hard- just look on the 'interview' link on their website and it tells you what you need to know (I used bbc bitesize ks2 haha). Thank you, putting it as my first choice ☺️
Reply 4
Original post by emma0o
Good luck! The subject tests aren't very hard- just look on the 'interview' link on their website and it tells you what you need to know (I used bbc bitesize ks2 haha). Thank you, putting it as my first choice ☺️

Thanks for the advice! I'm a little worried about the written task because I have no idea what kind of educational issues they are going to ask about. It's going to be my first choice as well, the uni is really beautiful :h:
Reply 5
i Guys,

I've applied for the PGCE primary and I have my interview next week. I'm super nervous/excited. I've the same questions really regarding did the sample questions provided come up? And what was the group task?

Thanks
Hi guys,

Just a reminder that discussion of specific interview content is not allowed on tsr. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Oh that's pretty cool, maybe we could be on the same course! Good luck for tomorrow! Nobody knows what they will ask about so you will be in the same boat. :biggrin: Tell me how tomorrow goes!
Reply 8
Original post by PaulB92
i Guys,

I've applied for the PGCE primary and I have my interview next week. I'm super nervous/excited. I've the same questions really regarding did the sample questions provided come up? And what was the group task?

Thanks

I really couldn't tell you sorry, I hope you do well though. Your nerves will go quickly once you're there :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by emma0o
Oh that's pretty cool, maybe we could be on the same course! Good luck for tomorrow! Nobody knows what they will ask about so you will be in the same boat. :biggrin: Tell me how tomorrow goes!

Just had an offer come in which was pretty quick, so excited now :h:
Reply 10
Just had an offer come in which was pretty quick, so excited now :h:

Aww that's so great, well done! You never know now then, I might see you there ☺️
Thanks for the advice! I'm a little worried about the written task because I have no idea what kind of educational issues they are going to ask about. It's going to be my first choice as well, the uni is really beautiful :h:

Hey Chloe, that's exactly what my worry is! I've been reading a lot of articles regarding educational issues but still feel I will struggle.
How did it go? X
Reply 12
Original post by Everythingequine
Hey Chloe, that's exactly what my worry is! I've been reading a lot of articles regarding educational issues but still feel I will struggle.
How did it go? X

Really well thanks :smile: I've been offered a place, hope your interview goes well to
Really well thanks :smile: I've been offered a place, hope your interview goes well to

Thank you!
Do you remember what educational issue you had to write about?
Original post by Everythingequine
Thank you!
Do you remember what educational issue you had to write about?

They're not allowed to tell you that I'm afraid, it's against the rules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply