Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Official

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Newcastle University
Hi,

The new Science Central complex will house the School of Computing Science and be the base for several research groups. The Urban Sciences Building will be mainly for postgrad research. The Urban Planning BA is part of the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape and I'm not aware of any plans to relocate from the main campus :smile:

Hope that helps!

Persephone

Okay, Thanks alot :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
I am also looking at applying for urban planning MPlan. I have just a few questions if you're able to answer them :smile:

1. How much contact time is there in the first year?
2. How many students are there on the course?
3. If I was to apply for the Architecture and Urban Planning BAHons K190, would I need an architecture portfolio?

Thank you!
What are the rules on appliances in university owned accommodation?
I know obviously fat fryers etc aren't allowed due to health and safety, but what about air fryers?
When is the next applicant visit day? Will the current students still be there when this happens?
Original post by Roshany
When is the next applicant visit day? Will the current students still be there when this happens?

Hi,

What course(s) have you applied to? :smile:

Persephone
Original post by A-LJLB
What are the rules on appliances in university owned accommodation?
I know obviously fat fryers etc aren't allowed due to health and safety, but what about air fryers?

Hi,

Any appliances you bring in need to conform to safety regulations, which means you may have to pay to have it PAT tested. There's more info on page 14 of the Accommodation Terms and Conditions Brochure and you can read the PAT Testing Policy here :smile:

All the best

Persephone
Original post by amingo26
I am also looking at applying for urban planning MPlan. I have just a few questions if you're able to answer them :smile:

1. How much contact time is there in the first year?
2. How many students are there on the course?
3. If I was to apply for the Architecture and Urban Planning BAHons K190, would I need an architecture portfolio?

Thank you!

Hi,

Here are the answers to your questions. If there is anything else you would like to know please ask away :smile:

1. For MPlan (K400), 12 to 16 hours per week. Contact time in stage 2 when optional modules are selected may differ.

2. For MPlan (K400), 17 students - but joint with BA Urban Planning (K421 - same degree for first three years) there is a total of 53 students in Stage 1. Students can interchange between BA Urban Planning (K421) and MPlan (K400) for the first three years and leave with the BA at the end of the third year or continue onto the Placement year and final year if they choose MPlan.
3. Currently no portfolios are required for Architecture and Urban Planning (K190) - but this may change in the future.
Hi,
Do you know if any offers have been given out for Accounting and Finance yet?
I sent my application off on Friday, so thought I'd check.
Thanks
Original post by mathsaddict1234
Hi,
Do you know if any offers have been given out for Accounting and Finance yet?
I sent my application off on Friday, so thought I'd check.
Thanks

Hi,

Yes, offers for the Accounting and Finance BA Hons course have started going out :smile: It'll take a couple of weeks for your application to be processed, so there's no need to worry if you haven't received a decision yet. If further information is needed from you then the Admissions Officer will contact you directly.

Hope that helps!

Persephone
Hi,

Yes, offers for the Accounting and Finance BA Hons course have started going out :smile: It'll take a couple of weeks for your application to be processed, so there's no need to worry if you haven't received a decision yet. If further information is needed from you then the Admissions Officer will contact you directly.

Hope that helps!

Persephone

worried as ive got BBC predictions :frown: but told my application will still be considered
Have offers started going out for dental hygiene and therapy?
Original post by Parkerpoo2
Have offers started going out for dental hygiene and therapy?

No, in order to give equal consideration to all our applicants, we do not send out any invitations to interview until after UCAS closes on 15th January. Interviews are normally held in mid-February, and offers are usually made in March/April.

I hope that helps :smile:

Isabella
Hey! I've received an offer for MPlan and I was just wondering how many places there are on offer and roughly how many people apply to the course each year? Has it ever went into clearing?
Original post by cailcann
Hey! I've received an offer for MPlan and I was just wondering how many places there are on offer and roughly how many people apply to the course each year? Has it ever went into clearing?

Hi,

Congrats on the offer! :biggrin:

There isn't a set number of places, but we usually take on about 50 students between the MPlan and BA Hons Planning courses. This year there were 53 students in Stage 1. (17 of them applied for the MPlan directly).

Yes, the Planning courses have gone into Clearing in the past. When that's happened all remaining places have been filled within the first day Clearing.

Hope that helps!

Persephone
Hi everyone!

Newcastle University will be closed over the Christmas break and will re-open on 3 January 2017.
Hope you have a great break and we'll be back soon!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :smile:

Persephone
Reply 255
Hi everyone!

Welcome to Newcastle University’s official Q&A thread here on The Student Room.

Our team will be responding to your queries on anything about Newcastle University. If you have any questions about student life at Newcastle, or if there is something you might like to know about studying with us, please get in touch. For any questions you may not wish to post publicly, feel free to drop the team a private message.

The site will be monitored Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm and we will aim to respond to you within 24 hours.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle University Student Room Team: Christina, Persephone, Matt and Anna

For your Graduate Entry Medicine do you consider applicants who have taken GCSE's again? E.g. GCSE's in 2016 then GCSE's in 2017 again as re-sits.
Original post by S2M
For your Graduate Entry Medicine do you consider applicants who have taken GCSE's again? E.g. GCSE's in 2016 then GCSE's in 2017 again as re-sits.

Hi,

The Medicine and Surgery (Accelerated Programme) MB BS Honours entry requirements for 2017 state:

A Level and GCSE results for graduate applicants will have no direct bearing on the decision to interview or offer a place. This also applies for Masters qualifications.

Hope that helps :smile:

Persephone
I really like newcastle city and the university and i got an offer for economics(with placements). I've seen many placements available for business and marketing students on your carieer service instagram, however have seen none for economics student. I am very worried about the placement availability/job prospect for economics degree as newcastle business school is more well known for business & marketing but less popular for economics? Would i be able to do a placements in marketing or would there be limited chance? Thank you!
Original post by Thagewoo
I really like newcastle city and the university and i got an offer for economics(with placements). I've seen many placements available for business and marketing students on your carieer service instagram, however have seen none for economics student. I am very worried about the placement availability/job prospect for economics degree as newcastle business school is more well known for business & marketing but less popular for economics? Would i be able to do a placements in marketing or would there be limited chance? Thank you!

Hi,

The Placement Officer at the Business School said that she had replied to your e-mail :smile: If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know!

Persephone
Hello :smile:

During placements in clinical base units as part of the MBBS course, does the university provide accommodation for international students?

Nikita

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending