The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blue2337
Im kinda tipsy but HEY QHOS IN CAMBRIDGE OR CLARE AT MONDAG 5YH OR 6TH DECEMBER ID LOVE TOMEET YALL LOVE YALL zxxxxxx

I'm there on the 5th! My interviews are both on that day!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by BellaFern
I'm there on the 5th! My interviews are both on that day!

Hey that's so cool! I've got interviews at 1.45 and 4 around Sidgwick, so I'll probably see you around, at dinner times and things! You're doing English, right? How are you feeling for the interviews?! I'm so, so scared but equally I can't wait to chat with the people there!
Reply 1262
Hey, has anyone else had a problem with the accommodation form? I sent it off to the email address they gave with "Interviews" as the subject heading yesterday morning, and I haven't received any automated reply at all, so I'm starting to get worried, considering my interview is on Tuesday, and I'm staying there Monday night. Any help would be appreciated!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1263
Heading over to Clare today for interview first thing tomorrow. Anyone else staying over tonight/ has their interview tomorrow?
Original post by KezM
Heading over to Clare today for interview first thing tomorrow. Anyone else staying over tonight/ has their interview tomorrow?

Good luck! What for? :smile:
Well that went terribly, anyone know any good shows to binge and forget about it all?
Reply 1266
Original post by neutraltones
Well that went terribly, anyone know any good shows to binge and forget about it all?

Yeah, it was pretty awful for me as well 😂 what subject do you do?
Original post by BranJ0
Yeah, it was pretty awful for me as well 😂 what subject do you do?

Biological Natural Sciences you?

There's probably a chance we saw each other in the common room 😂
Reply 1268
Biological Natural Sciences you?

There's probably a chance we saw each other in the common room 😂

Ah nice, I'm doing medicine.

Yeah probably, I met a few natural sciences people throughout the day, one guy at breakfast, and then one guy and one girl in the common room at about 12:15ish. We're you any of those? 😂
Original post by BranJ0
Ah nice, I'm doing medicine.

Yeah probably, I met a few natural sciences people throughout the day, one guy at breakfast, and then one guy and one girl in the common room at about 12:15ish. We're you any of those? 😂

I left like 10 minutes before that to go to an interview, although I think I was with the guy and the girl you were talking about beforehand 😂
Reply 1270
I left like 10 minutes before that to go to an interview, although I think I was with the guy and the girl you were talking about beforehand 😂

Ah ok, I must've just missed you 😂

I doubt I've done well enough to get in tbh, but I can't really tell. That's the awful thing, they never really gave any indication of whether I was doing well or not!! The college was really nice though, so I really want to go now even more than I used to, but I think my chances are relatively slim 😂
Reply 1271
Original post by I can do this
Good luck! What for? :smile:

Geography, they went well I think. Clare was so beautiful on Monday morning in the frost!IMG_0717.jpg
Original post by BranJ0
Ah ok, I must've just missed you 😂

I doubt I've done well enough to get in tbh, but I can't really tell. That's the awful thing, they never really gave any indication of whether I was doing well or not!! The college was really nice though, so I really want to go now even more than I used to, but I think my chances are relatively slim 😂

I think I screwed it up so oh well. I feel like it could've gone much better if they asked me about stuff I was more interested in but oh well....

Don't think about the odds they'll make you lose sleep 😂
Reply 1273
I think I screwed it up so oh well. I feel like it could've gone much better if they asked me about stuff I was more interested in but oh well....

Don't think about the odds they'll make you lose sleep 😂

Yeah, I really wished they asked me about topics that I could actually answer! 😂

Ah well, there's nothing more we can do now other than wait and pray! Good luck, and hopefully things go our way! 😄
Does anyone know when they typically begin to send out offers? I've heard people do receive them as early as before Christmas...
Original post by Maclain
Does anyone know when they typically begin to send out offers? I've heard people do receive them as early as before Christmas...

I'm afraid you're going to have to be patient - Cambridge have always sent out offers after Christmas and it's got even later now that they do the pool before contacting applicants. I think the letters will be posted on 11th Jan this time, so you should hear on the 12th.
Reply 1276
Original post by Helenia
I'm afraid you're going to have to be patient - Cambridge have always sent out offers after Christmas and it's got even later now that they do the pool before contacting applicants. I think the letters will be posted on 11th Jan this time, so you should hear on the 12th.

Do we get sent an email/updated on ucas or do we have to hear by letter? I am away at school so think it would probably be sent to my home address..! :s
Original post by Rolojo
Do we get sent an email/updated on ucas or do we have to hear by letter? I am away at school so think it would probably be sent to my home address..! :s

I think that it is usually letter first, but that will be sent to your home address. They e-mail internationals though (on the day the letters are due to arrive, not the day they are sent!) so it may well be possible to request an e-mail too. UCAS tends not to get updated immediately.
Original post by Helenia
I think that it is usually letter first, but that will be sent to your home address. They e-mail internationals though (on the day the letters are due to arrive, not the day they are sent!) so it may well be possible to request an e-mail too. UCAS tends not to get updated immediately.

If we're guaranteed to get put in the pool (i.e. if our UMS average is >93), will we only hear on the 12th if we've got an offer? Or will we be told on the 12th that we've been pooled? thanks for all your help :smile:
Original post by theravadaz
If we're guaranteed to get put in the pool (i.e. if our UMS average is >93), will we only hear on the 12th if we've got an offer? Or will we be told on the 12th that we've been pooled? thanks for all your help :smile:

Don't know for sure. I think that most of the pool now takes place before letters are sent out, so if you are pooled, you may receive an offer letter from a new college, you may get asked to interview (I think this happens before Jan 12th but not totally sure) or it may still be a rejection. This document http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/files/publications/guide_to_the_winter_pool_for_applicants.pdf goes into more detail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending