The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BasilBrick
Just did the assessment at Magdalene. It was ok, but definitely harder than the sample. Got the interview in a few hours!!

Omg good luck!!!! Do remember they might quiz on your answer to the assessment :smile:
I wonder if the same question was/will be used at all assessments on the same day?
When will it be "safe" to talk about it in the open?!
Reply 562
Original post by thewinelake
I wonder if the same question was/will be used at all assessments on the same day?
When will it be "safe" to talk about it in the open?!

Didn't we all sign a data protection, swearing to keep it all confidential for 36 months or something? :eek3:
I heard of such a thing, but never saw it! ;-)

And I think all schools seem to do interview feedback forms - which have no such embargo on them.
What does everyone use to create their digital portfolios?
I heard of such a thing, but never saw it! ;-)

And I think all schools seem to do interview feedback forms - which have no such embargo on them.

There's a data protection sheet that we signed to our colleges to remain confidential for 36 months... so better keep everything a secret for now!
(edited 7 years ago)
I like the idea of data protestation, but suspect you meant data protection? ;-)
I like the idea of data protestation, but suspect you meant data protection? ;-)

Yes omg sorry that's what I meant 😂😂
Reply 568
Original post by bbglop
Well I guess I should congratulate you first of all, even though I know interviews are quite dreadful. :biggrin:

Which uni are you going to?

Thank you:smile: Its leeds beckett. Im really worried about group interviews because i am extremely shy:frown: shall i act all confident?
Reply 569
Original post by may999
Thank you:smile: Its leeds beckett. Im really worried about group interviews because i am extremely shy:frown: shall i act all confident?

Unfortunately (or rather fortunately perhaps) I've never been in a group interview before. But I think you should be fine as long as you just try to participate in the discussion. Group interviews are probably not too formal. They are just looking for somebody with an interest in the field, so just drop in a few arguments here and there and BAM you're in. :wink:

...at least that's how I imagine it....nobody has invited me for interview yet :cry2:
(except for cambridge, who will probably screw me over once they see my portfolio)
I have just left my hometown, (i'll arrive to cambridge tomorrow noon - soooo long yet so short) and realized that there were a lots of things to do, to revise, and yet while i was at home these toughts just didn't come to mind. Now i start to panick, bc i don't even have my laptop with me to at least read some things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know any really good books to read on architecture (preferably modern architecture) in preparation for the assessment?
Original post by GrétaPanna
I have just left my hometown, (i'll arrive to cambridge tomorrow noon - soooo long yet so short) and realized that there were a lots of things to do, to revise, and yet while i was at home these toughts just didn't come to mind. Now i start to panick, bc i don't even have my laptop with me to at least read some things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So are you posting this from your phone?
Not quite sure what you'd be hoping to revise! Maybe the best revision would be just to talk to strangers about architecture?!
Original post by Heather.scb
Does anyone know any really good books to read on architecture (preferably modern architecture) in preparation for the assessment?

I think it's very hard to prepare, but Unwin's 25 buildings is always good value...
I think it's very hard to prepare, but Unwin's 25 buildings is always good value...

Interesting thank you! - I'm reading it now!
So are you posting this from your phone?
Not quite sure what you'd be hoping to revise! Maybe the best revision would be just to talk to strangers about architecture?!

Yes from my phone. I think I will reread every review I made on books in the last year. (Particularly of those which i mentioned in my ps). And I sould also refresh my research on the other topics and buildings I mentioned. Nothing big I know... just the stress I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrétaPanna
Yes from my phone. I think I will reread every review I made on books in the last year. (Particularly of those which i mentioned in my ps). And I sould also refresh my research on the other topics and buildings I mentioned. Nothing big I know... just the stress I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds sensible! I think it pays to be philosophical and as zen-like as possible. Good luck!
Sounds sensible! I think it pays to be philosophical and as zen-like as possible. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if its acceptable to include artist copies in my portfolio as much of my work from my AS and A2 sketchbooks are part of artist pages? Or does it not show enough creativity?
Original post by sofiacovxo
Does anyone know if its acceptable to include artist copies in my portfolio as much of my work from my AS and A2 sketchbooks are part of artist pages? Or does it not show enough creativity?

Yh it's fine bc they won't have time to go through your entire sketchbooks bit by bit, they will just skim through most of them and recognise your skills. But I'd suggest you to label a few pages of your sketchbooks that you particularly want to show them; ones maybe reflect your creativity and 3D imagination the most or the ones you're the most proud of :smile: that's what I had/did for my UCL interview anyways :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending