The Student Room Group

Ford Graduate Schemes

Hello everyone. I thought I'd start a general thread for grads applying to Ford 2017.

I've finished the online tests (numerical and logical reasoning) for the Business Graduate Scheme and am waiting to hear back for any results.

How is everyone else doing?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Had telephone interview with them a couple of weeks ago and was rejected straight after. The guy who interviewed me sounded really uninterested though. How did you do?
Reply 2
Original post by grad2017
Had telephone interview with them a couple of weeks ago and was rejected straight after. The guy who interviewed me sounded really uninterested though. How did you do?

What was your interview like/what kind of things were you asked if you don't mind? Was it similar to tell me a time when you persuaded someone/over come a set back/delivered customer service?
Reply 3
Original post by georgc
What was your interview like/what kind of things were you asked if you don't mind? Was it similar to tell me a time when you persuaded someone/over come a set back/delivered customer service?

Sorry I cant remember the exact questions it was a while ago and I had 10 more telephone interviews since. I didn't pass the interview so maybe not the best person to give you advice but I remember questions that I didn't have strong answers for were: Why Ford? Why automative industry?
If I remember correctly it was very focused on the company and your knowledge about it rather than anything else. I think either on here or wikijob you can find a list of questions that other people were asked.
Reply 4
Original post by grad2017
Sorry I cant remember the exact questions it was a while ago and I had 10 more telephone interviews since. I didn't pass the interview so maybe not the best person to give you advice but I remember questions that I didn't have strong answers for were: Why Ford? Why automative industry?
If I remember correctly it was very focused on the company and your knowledge about it rather than anything else. I think either on here or wikijob you can find a list of questions that other people were asked.

Ok thanks for replying! Good luck with all your applications :smile:
I emailed them chasing a few days ago, they said they are still going through applications. I'm not sure if I have a telephone interview yet, I applied for the marketing scheme.

Yeah if you went for a marketing job and couldn't sell Ford, it was not the right company for you and you were defo not the right employee for Ford. If you loved the company you would have smashed it.

Your probably similiar to me applied for so many jobs your losing passion you just want any job lol next time have a redbull.

Marketing is selling so you should be able to sell yourself, the role and the company
Hi, Everybody!

I successfully applied and now work for Ford

If you have any questions, please ask or PM

:smile:
Reply 7
What department do you work in
Has anybody applied for 2018 intake and received an assessment centre yet? My application is still on hold since the 2nd Jan
Reply 9
Hi, I've applied for their Engineering role for the 2018 intake. I only applied last Sunday and since then I have had a phone interview and sat 2 online tests. Currently awaiting results.
I applied back in the middle of December, have completed all tests and phone interviews, today is March the 2nd and I am still waiting to hear back with regards to an assessment centre. I emailed the grad team on February 23rd asking for an update and they said the same day that they were still shortlisting people for the position.
Reply 11
Original post by dombryan94
I applied back in the middle of December, have completed all tests and phone interviews, today is March the 2nd and I am still waiting to hear back with regards to an assessment centre. I emailed the grad team on February 23rd asking for an update and they said the same day that they were still shortlisting people for the position.

Likewise Dom, Has slowed down rather alot. I'm sure it'll pick up now that the positions have been removed from the web (engineering at least).
Original post by Watter
Likewise Dom, Has slowed down rather alot. I'm sure it'll pick up now that the positions have been removed from the web (engineering at least).

Yeah I hope so, they did say a while back that assessment centres were due to take place at the start of March. Would have bene nice for them to keep us all in the loop at least but hey ho. Let us know on this thread if you hear anything.
Fun that, as I posted today on this thread I just received this email from Ford just now stating they are still shortlisting. Hopefully you all got it too.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 17.02.35.png
Is this for all roles? I applied for business strategy
Reply 15
Original post by dombryan94
Fun that, as I posted today on this thread I just received this email from Ford just now stating they are still shortlisting. Hopefully you all got it too.

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 17.02.35.png

Ha yes I also did, maybe they are here listening....
Original post by Muntasir24
Is this for all roles? I applied for business strategy

Not sure unfortunately, I have only applied for a software engineering role
Hi everyone, I applied in Jan 2017 and started work as an IT grad in July 2017.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask or message me :smile:
Just to let you all know, I received a phone call from Ford today inviting me to an assessment centre next Tuesday. Hopefully you will all start to hear from them soon :smile:
Original post by Harmonyfishwick
Hi everyone, I applied in Jan 2017 and started work as an IT grad in July 2017.

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask or message me :smile:

That's great thanks!

How was your assessment centre? I have been told there is group assessment, role play, written exam, individual interview! did you have the same? what kind of technical questions did they ask?

Quick Reply

Latest